ADVERTISEMENT

Championship Wrestling Association

MrMagic2772

Scout Team
Apr 10, 2016
IL
Did anyone catch this live? Looks like some sort of Folkstyle wrestling league with teams (described as "Folkstyle gone Pro"). This was from June 15th, just came across it on YouTube. Former Hawkeye Mike Evans wrestled Rick Durso and won 5-3. Was 6 matches interesting to see what happens with this league, I'm all for growing the sport. Some pretty good matchups, I'll definitely be tuning in again.

CWA+Showcase+Poster+2.jpg

There's another group also attempting their own version of a pro league, CLAW. Kudos for trying again, but I am not expecting either to be successful, unfortunately.

Too hard to try and explain it all in a post, but my take basically boils down to this:

The only way I see a league ever being feasible is if it's strictly freestyle, somehow ties into Olympic/World team qualifications, and the RTCs are scrapped for regional pro teams with no direct ties/crossover with a specific college.

Reactions: vhsalum
Did anyone catch this live? Looks like some sort of Folkstyle wrestling league with teams (described as "Folkstyle gone Pro"). This was from June 15th, just came across it on YouTube. Former Hawkeye Mike Evans wrestled Rick Durso and won 5-3. Was 6 matches interesting to see what happens with this league, I'm all for growing the sport. Some pretty good matchups, I'll definitely be tuning in again.

CWA+Showcase+Poster+2.jpg

Mike Evans with the W. Always nice to see a Hawk W.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT