ADVERTISEMENT

change.org petition to fire Brian Ferentz

If you're going to attempt a literary reference...at least get it right.

First, it's "tilting at windmills". Secondly, even phrased correctly it's not appropriate for this situation.
You're right, it is "tilting at windmills." I was typing too fast and not paying enough attention. But I believe it is appropriate for this situation because Brian is the imaginary monster. He is not the problem. And a petition on Change.org is going to have no effect.

Reactions: hawk224
You're right, it is "tilting at windmills." I was typing too fast and not paying enough attention. But I believe it is appropriate for this situation because Brian is the imaginary monster. He is not the problem. And a petition on Change.org is going to have no effect.
The petition probably won't have much effect. But it's aimed at a very real "monster"...the problem within the Iowa football program. Be it Kirk, Brian, Barta...or all of the above. It's very real, not imaginary.

Picking up steam. Outkick now covering it.

Why are they wasting their time with a petition. They need to have an airplane banner for the rest of the home games if they want some traction. Pay to play just like the cameos.

What does this mean?
It means I am just a fan. I no longer donate or buy tickets. I'm an alum, and that was 45 years ago.

It would be like signing a petition to fire the manager at Best Buy. That actually would make more sense because at least I buy stuff there.

In other words, I don't feel I have the right to tell the university of Iowa what to do.

Reactions: RLMHAWK
So the problem is in our heads? Balderdash! Slay the beast!!!!

It means I am just a fan. I no longer donate or buy tickets. I'm an alum, and that was 45 years ago.

It would be like signing a petition to fire the manager at Best Buy. That actually would make more sense because at least I buy stuff there.

In other words, I don't feel I have the right to tell the university of Iowa what to do.
Iowa Nice! I love it!

Captain Nepotism does too. 😏

If you're going to attempt a literary reference...at least get it right.

First, it's "tilting at windmills". Second, even phrased correctly it's not appropriate for this situation.
Sure it is, because you spending your energy on something that you have NO control over and will have ZERO effect.

Petition to Kakert to temporarily shut down this forum. At this point it seems to only serve as a multiplier to an energy that is completely destructive, toxic, and unfair to the players
The petition is a waste of time but goddamn you cult of Kirk fan bois are fragile little bitches when anyone tries to hold your hero accountable

Hate to break it to you but he thinks you are rubes that he doesn't give a shit about like the rest of us. But continue to fellate him as you will

Petition to Kakert to temporarily shut down this forum. At this point it seems to only serve as a multiplier to an energy that is completely destructive, toxic, and unfair to the players

Well aren't you the proper fascist? Don't subscribe to your concept of fandom? "Get outta my state!" Post mean things about my family? "Shut down this forum!" It's OK-Kirk still has a lot of mils in his account and you will continue to get the tropical cruise every winter.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
The petition is a waste of time but goddamn you cult of Kirk fan bois are fragile little bitches when anyone tries to hold your hero accountable

Hate to break it to you but he thinks you are rubes that he doesn't give a shit about like the rest of us. But continue to fellate him as you will

I'm under no illusion that such a petition will have no effect on any outcome as it relates to a change at OC. It's like voting, I know my vote does not really matter, but who am I to bitch if I didn't make the effort to fill out the ballot.

I had to take a look. This petition was created nearly a year ago. I don't think you guys are gonna have much luck. And I don't think 7500 signatures is saying much when Kinnick regularly sells out nearly 10x that amount.

the product that the players and coaches put forth is toxic to my eyes and it burns. it serves as a beer multiplier , and the energy I put forth watching that garbage is wasted. it is completely destructive to my liver, watching these games. it is unfair to me as a fan.

I had to take a look. This petition was created nearly a year ago. I don't think you guys are gonna have much luck. And I don't think 7500 signatures is saying much when Kinnick regularly sells out nearly 10x that amount.
Don't get me wrong (and yes I know im replying to myself) I think Brian has proven himself to be ineffective as the offensive coordinator, I just don't know that I agree with a petition, and would rather see things play out naturally rather than being forced into an unnecessary spotlight.

Don't get me wrong (and yes I know im replying to myself) I think Brian has proven himself to be ineffective as the offensive coordinator, I just don't know that I agree with a petition, and would rather see things play out naturally rather than being forced into an unnecessary spotlight.
we might not need a petition, have you read the slate article? holy cow, they are flat out saying KF is racist as heck. and they mentioned the petition slightly.

we might not need a petition, have you read the slate article? holy cow, they are flat out saying KF is racist as heck. and they mentioned the petition slightly.
I don't think that article really uncovers anything not already said before. The racism issue is due to be heard in trial at some point apparently. And the specific allegations by Akrum Wadley against Brian Ferentz were his alone as far as I understand it. Not to say it isn't true, but the majority of players speaking out were adamant about Chris Doyle being racist, but from my own limited understanding, they didn't necessarily backup the Wadley accusations against Brian. It doesn't mean they aren't true, of course.

Well aren't you the proper fascist? Don't subscribe to your concept of fandom? "Get outta my state!" Post mean things about my family? "Shut down this forum!" It's OK-Kirk still has a lot of mils in his account and you will continue to get the tropical cruise every winter.
At no point did I mention KF in my post. I said it was destructive, toxic, and unfair to the players.

I do happen to think it's garbage to call for KF's head. In what industry in the midst of a 20+ yr period of success is a decision made to blow up leadership after noticing a quarter of average performance? No industry. In fact, in no industry is such foolishness even discussed. But I can also relate to the viewpoint that KF is well-paid and that having to deal with people who are completely unreasonable is part of the job.

But the toxic and destructive community is completely unfair to the players. It's not an excuse, but imo, there's a good chance that it's started to seep into their play. We've started to see a few players press at times and miss a few plays that are normally made. Even if the negativity hasn't affected the team, the continuous decisions to pile onto a mass of negativity is counter-productive, short-sighted, and simply destructive. It is reckless "fandom". Stop taking the frustrations of your life out onto these young men that have devoted years of their lives to represent and entertain the people of this state.

Cheer for and support the Hawks. They deserve it

At no point did I mention KF in my post. I said it was destructive, toxic, and unfair to the players.

I do happen to think it's garbage to call for KF's head. In what industry in the midst of a 20+ yr period of success is a decision made to blow up leadership after noticing a quarter of average performance? No industry. In fact, in no industry is such foolishness even discussed. But I can also relate to the viewpoint that KF is well-paid and that having to deal with people who are completely unreasonable is part of the job.

But the toxic and destructive community is completely unfair to the players. It's not an excuse, but imo, there's a good chance that it's started to seep into their play. We've started to see a few players press at times and miss a few plays that are normally made. Even if the negativity hasn't affected the team, the continuous decisions to pile onto a mass of negativity is counter-productive, short-sighted, and simply destructive. It is reckless "fandom". Stop taking the frustrations of your life out onto these young men that have devoted years of their lives to represent and entertain the people of this state.

Cheer for and support the Hawks. They deserve it

How many players do you think are on here? And the vitriol on here is directed at the coaches. Most of us feel badly for Petras because he keeps getting trotted out there when he obviously isn't gifted enough nor has been coached sufficiently to be successful. The players are adults. There are hundreds of thousands of young men their age putting their lives at risk serving their country.
Get over your self-righteous self.

Reactions: HawkFan1986
I’ve defended Kirk in the past. I can no longer do so when I continue to see his stubborn and baffling decisions. I’ve lost confidence in his ability to make correct decisions. As for Brian, Kirk made his bed hiring his son. Now he has to accept the consequences of his choice. If Kirk refuses to replace the OC, he should resign.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT