ADVERTISEMENT

change.org petition to fire Brian Ferentz

How many players do you think are on here? And the vitriol on here is directed at the coaches. Most of us feel badly for Petras because he keeps getting trotted out there when he obviously isn't gifted enough nor has been coached sufficiently to be successful. The players are adults. There are hundreds of thousands of young men their age putting their lives at risk serving their country.
Get over your self-righteous self.
The current one-way negativity on this board is a multilplier of toxicity in the community. And it's not conducive to success.

I'm in a public setting a minimum 40 hours a week. Almost every day I hear someone echo something that has been posted on this board. Many times almost verbatim.

No matter who the negativity is directed at, I haven't heard a positive comment uttered about the Hawks in any public place in weeks. So while you're talking shit about the Hawkeye football team, please make sure to explain to the players that you're only talking shit about their coaches

jnVchXqpagNZVLT-800x450-noPad.jpg
HOLY SHEEET -as they’re saying it’s picking up some steam here

th
The current one-way negativity on this board is a multilplier of toxicity in the community. And it's not conducive to success.

I'm in a public setting a minimum 40 hours a week. Almost every day I hear someone echo something that has been posted on this board. Many times almost verbatim.

No matter who the negativity is directed at, I haven't heard a positive comment uttered about the Hawks in any public place in weeks. So while you're talking shit about the Hawkeye football team, please make sure to explain to the players that you're only talking shit about their coaches
Enjoy your fillet

Why don't you share your propaganda with the former players who are calling out your fuhrer, Goebbels? Oh, wait-I've got it: go mobilize the Statue of Liberty and blast "Higher and Higher" to overcome the river of pink slime that is surrounding this program.
Yeah-that will fix everything, you sanctimonious sycophant.

I used to think this way in regard to negativity really hurting the program. This negativity now is all deserved. KF and BF don’t get the benefit of doubt any longer. I’m dumbfounded by Kirk’s leadership decisions. He’s not bigger than the program and shouldn’t be treated as such. The comment he made about 10 wins last season shows how detached from reality he is.

I used to think this way in regard to negativity really hurting the program. This negativity now is all deserved. KF and BF don’t get the benefit of doubt any longer. I’m dumbfounded by Kirk’s leadership decisions. He’s not bigger than the program and shouldn’t be treated as such. The comment he made about 10 wins last season shows how detached from reality he is.
The comment about 10 wins was a direct response to a question. The writer specifically referenced a period of play going back into last season while framing his question. If someone is going to ask about performance including last year, then referencing 10 wins is certainly an answer that's relevant to the performance of that time period.

Secondly, the writer finished his question by asking if KF would consider making a mid-season coaching change. Again, referencing history of performance under what has been primarily the same staff is a relevant answer to the question. Teams don't change coaches every year. The staff is in place for the big picture. To make a change, Barta would have to value half of a season more than a number of previous seasons in the book, and future seasons that carry a positive expectation that history shows to be reasonable. Evaluating the big picture is relevant to coaching changes.

Thirdly, if KF was being flippant in his response, it's perfectly understandable considering the question he was asked. What coach has ever been cool with being asked this question? It's a jackass question. The media member should educate himself about his field. And ask an intelligent question like, "is there a way to generate more push up front in the running game?"

Everyone has their panties all in a bunch. Looking for anything and everything to get upset about. Meanwhile, the team is looking for any type of positive spark it can find. They've probably figured out it won't be coming from the fans

• Haha
Reactions: yrunvs and DewHawk
The comment about 10 wins was a direct response to a question. The writer specifically referenced a period of play going back into last season while framing his question. If someone is going to ask about performance including last year, then referencing 10 wins is certainly an answer that's relevant to the performance of that time period.

Secondly, the writer finished his question by asking if KF would consider making a mid-season coaching change. Again, referencing history of performance under what has been primarily the same staff is a relevant answer to the question. Teams don't change coaches every year. The staff is in place for the big picture. To make a change, Barta would have to value half of a season more than a number of previous seasons in the book, and future seasons that carry a positive expectation that history shows to be reasonable. Evaluating the big picture is relevant to coaching changes.

Thirdly, if KF was being flippant in his response, it's perfectly understandable considering the question he was asked. What coach has ever been cool with being asked this question? It's a jackass question. The media member should educate himself about his field. And ask an intelligent question like, "is there a way to generate more push up front in the running game?"

Everyone has their panties all in a bunch. Looking for anything and everything to get upset about. Meanwhile, the team is looking for any type of positive spark it can find. They've probably figured out it won't be coming from the fans
We get it - you're not signing the petition.

It won’t be coming from KF or BF either. I do agree the team still seems to be together so far and that really is a testament of Kirk’s ability to lead but another game like the last and I'm going to assume players start to drift. That being said, don’t be surprised when Kaleb, Patterson, Keagan Johnson and Bruce all transfer at the end of the year. Kirk doesn’t appear to care about changing the offense, which is going to lead to transfers.

Last edited:
Reactions: ClarindaA's

A better question would be why does it seem you haven’t tried anything different when your offense has sucked for the last 2 years?

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Don't get me wrong (and yes I know im replying to myself) I think Brian has proven himself to be ineffective as the offensive coordinator, I just don't know that I agree with a petition, and would rather see things play out naturally rather than being forced into an unnecessary spotlight.
We’re last on offense in the entire freaking country, how much longer would you like things to naturally play out? This isn’t just a one year anomaly, it has been trending this way for years. Iowa football has been propped up by a weak big ten west and an unsustainable turnover rate.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Petition to Kakert to temporarily shut down this forum. At this point it seems to only serve as a multiplier to an energy that is completely destructive, toxic, and unfair to the players
Is Brian still playing? I thought this thread was about him.

Reactions: SI_NYC
The petition is a waste of time but goddamn you cult of Kirk fan bois are fragile little bitches when anyone tries to hold your hero accountable

Hate to break it to you but he thinks you are rubes that he doesn't give a shit about like the rest of us. But continue to fellate him as you will
Jesus. Triggered much?

Yeah just shut off criticism. That’s what communists do.
I suppose you’re right…..god knows the world needs another 100k posts about how bad the Ferentz’s are

I honestly feel bad for some of the posters on here and the level of importance a game played by 18 to 22 year old kids obviously plays in their emotional state and how it drives them to here daily and repeatedly say the same shit over and over

I hope like hell Recruits …. their parents and the players don’t read this shit because we see the absolute worst of our fan base on here and it’s getting worse every day

But you’re right about free speech….. even that has it limits though……. carry on I’ll just stay off the board

I only come to the football board these days to check on Black and Gold Bleeder anyway

Last edited:
The petition is a waste of time but goddamn you cult of Kirk fan bois are fragile little bitches when anyone tries to hold your hero accountable

Hate to break it to you but he thinks you are rubes that he doesn't give a shit about like the rest of us. But continue to fellate him as you will
Why all the homosexual overtones?

Weird.

I suppose you’re right…..god knows the world needs another 100k posts about how bad the Ferentz’s are

I honestly feel bad for some of the posters on here and the level of importance a game played by 18 to 22 year old kids obviously plays in their emotional state and how it drives them to here daily and repeatedly say the same shit over and over

I hope like hell Recruits …. their parents and the players don’t read this shit because we see the absolute worst of our fan base on here and it’s getting worse every day

But you’re right about free speech….. even that has it limits though……. carry on I’ll just stay off the board

I only come to the football board these days to check on Black and Gold Bleeder anyway
These posts are always great. "You guys care too much - I'm above it so I won't be posting and interacting with you losers. This is my last post about something I don't care about, I'm serious."

Sure man.

We’re last on offense in the entire freaking country, how much longer would you like things to naturally play out? This isn’t just a one year anomaly, it has been trending this way for years. Iowa football has been propped up by a weak big ten west and an unsustainable turnover rate.
These players aren't professionals doing what they are doing as a career. The vast majority will never see a day on the field as a professional football player. In my eyes, the football program is an extension of their higher education and serves as another available tool to help mold them into productive young men in society.

As fans, winning games and statistics are all we care about. But we are outsiders and for all we know, Brian might influence their personal lives in ways no other person has been able to do. Is what im saying completely BS? Very possibly, but I'm not inside the walls of the program and have no idea what impact Brian or Kirk or any other coach is having on a player's individual growth and potential as a person.

Barta, etc, may see things about BF that none of us could possibly imagine or understand being on the outside. After all, it's still a learning institution. As fans we just want to win, but that program for those personally involved is something much bigger than just winning games. And there are some things we can't possibly understand. And judging by the lack of criticism by those actually part of that team, I'm going to assume there are invaluable things we just don't know.

So no, I think its a dick move to make a public petition to remove someone from a role we know nothing about, just because we don't like the results we want to see on the outside, as opposed to the results that the players, parents, staff etc want to see on the inside. If it were a professional situation, then by all means. Those players are getting PAID to win and the same for the coaches. Winning is the only expected outcome for a professional. Maybe that doesn't apply so much to the college level.

The more the better. Massive negative threads and post are what it takes to get their attention. I hope everyone keeps piling on.

These posts are always great. "You guys care too much - I'm above it so I won't be posting and interacting with you losers. This is my last post about something I don't care about, I'm serious."

Sure man.
yea well just keep pouring over all these posts saying the same thing and be angry if you like……it’s a free country Mr. Couch Critic 😂

You know you don’t have to read all of the 100k posts much less post in them….

Sure man.
Get off your butt and do something yah internet John Madden. Round up the rest of your assistant coaches and go to Kinnick and burn your season tickets.

What.. you don't have any. Then go burn up your Iowa football T's.

What... you don't have any Iowa gear. Then bring your TV and smash that. Show old Gary you are not watching the Hawks anymore.

An internet petition. 😆 🤣 😂 How lame.

ADVERTISEMENT