ADVERTISEMENT

change.org petition to fire Brian Ferentz

So no, I think its a dick move to make a public petition to remove someone from a role we know nothing about, just because we don't like the results we want to see on the outside, as opposed to the results that the players, parents, staff etc want to see on the inside. If it were a professional situation, then by all means. Those players are getting PAID to win and the same for the coaches. Winning is the only expected outcome for a professional. Maybe that doesn't apply so much to the college level.
We know plenty about. An unqualified son who is in way over his head. A coach who hasn't won a meaningful championship in 20 years but still gets tens of $Millions of dollars in contract extensions. I'm beyond Ferentz Fatigue. I'm sick of him, his little book that he writes in throughout a game, the gum chewing, the boring personality. He's old, he's tired beyond his 67 years. I want a 30's, 40's something coach that has some kick, and yes maybe even sexy (sexy is a 4 letter word at Iowa), that knows how to play exciting football and wants to at least sniff a championship more than once every quarter century.

I had to laugh at this part…

“At 10,000 signatures, this petition is more likely to get a reaction from the decision maker!”

STOP GOING TO THE GAMES.
It's just blows my mind how people think destructivism is something to rally behind.

Nevermind making a conscious effort to rally around the team. When Iowa fans decide to get passionate about something and show their fortitude it's to come together on a quest to tear it all down.

Nothing constructive, no solutions, no idea what's on the other side. The only goal is to destroy and assume that it will somehow be better on the other side.

For some reason people want to gamble and trade 20+ years of green grass in exchange for ??????????

Let me shed some light on the question marks that symbolize life after KF. I'd bet a lot of money that whoever the replacement is won't finish with a tenure as successful as KF's. 2012 was a pretty crappy season. 4-8. Worse than this season will end up. And there were fans calling for KF's head then. Do you really think if KF was fired after the 2012 season that Iowa would have had anywhere near the success they've had since? Don't kid yourself

Reactions: doughuddl2
It's just blows my mind how people think destructivism is something to rally behind.

Nevermind making a conscious effort to rally around the team. When Iowa fans decide to get passionate about something and show their fortitude it's to come together on a quest to tear it all down.

Nothing constructive, no solutions, no idea what's on the other side. The only goal is to destroy and assume that it will somehow be better on the other side.

For some reason people want to gamble and trade 20+ years of green grass in exchange for ??????????

Let me shed some light on the question marks that symbolize life after KF. I'd bet a lot of money that whoever the replacement is won't finish with a tenure as successful as KF's. 2012 was a pretty crappy season. 4-8. Worse than this season will end up. And there were fans calling for KF's head then. Do you really think if KF was fired after the 2012 season that Iowa would have had anywhere near the success they've had since? Don't kid yourself
Do you think the Firing of Paul Chryst at Wisconsin is a form of destructivism?

Did Rutgers fire their OC because they're looking to "tear it all down?"

Will Indiana's decision to fire their offensive line coach mid-season "destroy" their program?

These programs identified what they felt were glaring weaknesses and made changes in an attempt to make things better. We are no doubt past that point in Iowa City - Brian Ferentz should be relieved of his duties b/c he has grossly underperformed continuously after all the years/opportunities he's had as our OC.

It's broken and there should be attempts to fix it. Common sense, man!!

Reactions: cm8124

Will Indiana's decision to fire their offensive line coach mid-season "destroy" their program?

These programs identified what they felt were glaring weaknesses and made changes in an attempt to make things better. We are no doubt past that point in Iowa City - Brian Ferentz should be relieved of his duties b/c he has grossly underperformed continuously after all the years/opportunities he's had as our OC.

What does any of this have to do with fans being assholes?

Guess I did kind of change the thread from BF to KF. My bad there

We know plenty about. An unqualified son who is in way over his head. A coach who hasn't won a meaningful championship in 20 years but still gets tens of $Millions of dollars in contract extensions. I'm beyond Ferentz Fatigue. I'm sick of him, his little book that he writes in throughout a game, the gum chewing, the boring personality. He's old, he's tired beyond his 67 years. I want a 30's, 40's something coach that has some kick, and yes maybe even sexy (sexy is a 4 letter word at Iowa), that knows how to play exciting football and wants to at least sniff a championship more than once every quarter century.
Hey, I don't necessarily disagree with you about any of that, I just don't like the idea of a petition for the reasons I stated in my post.

I know that teams take full advantage of the revenue and all that comes with it, but at the end of the day, I just believe the sole purpose of athletics programs were intended to serve the student athletes themselves, and pleasing a fanbase is just a byproduct. In other words, the players are meant to be the end user of the services provided, and not the fans themselves. So if a program has their own reasons for keeping an employee in any particular role, who are we to question that motive?

ADVERTISEMENT