ADVERTISEMENT

Charles Jones

For the record I’m rooting for Purdue I think that’s best for Iowa & the West division! And our third or fourth best wide receiver is Purdue‘s best that’s a + as well!!

I’m honestly not sure how PU is losing with Charlie and PSU down to their 2nd string QB? Our fans told us we would have lost last year if Clifford kept playing, huh?

See it just keeps going…either love us or leave us….please!!

I’m honestly not sure how PU is losing with Charlie and PSU down to their 2nd string QB? Our fans told us we would have lost last year if Clifford kept playing, huh?

See it just keeps going…either love us or leave us….please!!

You realize Clifford is back in the game? :)

I wonder if there are any under utilized current Hawkeye receivers watching tonight and wondering what could be?

• Sad
Reactions: QChawks
Charlie Jones, if he stays healthy, will be a Heisman candidate. He is a dangerous return threat on both punts and kickoffs and a deep threat at receiver. The Ferentz's blew it.......... big time.
no…I would take that bet everyday and twice on Sunday. He’s good and I’ve been one of his biggest supporters on this board, but he is not Rondale Moore level good and the latter didn’t even crack the top 10 on the Heisman ballot

This really isn't all that complicated.

Charlie Jones performed well on special teams for Iowa. Was that a function of him being that talented. Or, Iowa special teams executing and him benefiting from that. I'd say a bit of both.

He was a solid WR, made some plays at Iowa and was not the main option in an anemic passing offense. He left so he could be a bigger part of an offense, catch some balls from his buddy and do what is best for Charlie. His right to do so. I say good riddance.

If someone said one receiver, from Iowa, was transferring and it was between A. Bruce, C. Jones and K. Johnson...... I say we made out in that deal. CM is right. If Charlie Jones, all 190 lbs. of him, is your number 1 option? Good luck Purdue.
There's nothing wrong with having three or even four good WRs. Not sure why we would have to choose between the three, as you've suggested above.

The more playmakers the better!

There's nothing wrong with having three or even four good WRs. Not sure why we would have to choose between the three, as you've suggested above.

The more playmakers the better!
I get it. As thin as we are at wide out, we could use him. He chose to leave, goodbye. He is not a Hawk anymore.

You could have put 10 wide receivers on the field last year. It would not have made 1 iota of a difference.

Reactions: cmhawks99
I get it. As thin as we are at wide out, we could use him. He chose to leave, goodbye. He is not a Hawk anymore.

You could have put 10 wide receivers on the field last year. It would not have made 1 iota of a difference.
Nope, it wouldn't have. Very unfortunate that Iowa was THAT bad. A tremendous improvement would only put us at average. Sad but i'll obviously take average.

Let’s agree it would be awesome for Penn State to lose a game at the start of the season!!

against a supposedly piss poor West, right?

Reactions: oldnewkirk.0
All this "CJ was Iowa's 3rd or 4th best WR..." talk is pure comedy. Did it ever occur to you people that our offensive coaches are just really poor at judging and using WR talent?

Oh, and why is Purdue's offense so easy to learn compared to Iowa's? LOL. I don't know how KF and BF can be watching this game and not think "maybe we're doing it wrong" when it comes to offense.

All this "CJ was Iowa's 3rd or 4th best WR..." talk is pure comedy. Did it ever occur to you people that our offensive coaches are just really poor at judging and using WR talent?

Oh, and why is Purdue's offense so easy to learn compared to Iowa's? LOL. I don't know how KF and BF can be watching this game and not think "maybe we're doing it wrong" when it comes to offense.
1000%

Reactions: oldnewkirk.0
8 catches, 101 yards, and 1 td. That total is a third of what he caught all season last year….21, 323, and 3.

LoL. Only at Iowa. Son is OC on 121 ranked O out of 130 then gets promoted to QB coach. No wonder Chuck Sizzle GTFO.
Almost half his season total in receptions in 1 game for Purdue😂

Edit: more than half. Great game here, hopefully psu can hold on

Last edited:
I feel poor for Tyrone Tracy and although I guess I shouldn’t be surprised but Charlie isn’t better than Bruce and Johnson, yet here he is…might be a good thing for us?!

LOL. Insult to injury. CJ helps seal the game by making a 3rd and long catch that no WR on Iowa's current squad would possibly make - in traffic, full extension, takes a hit afterward. OUCH!

What a game for Charlie. This is turning out to be a really good game but Penn St. looks like cheeks.

This dudes run their mouths so much and are always looking so angry at everyone else when something goes wrong. Not a fan.

Another year and our offense will look exactly like it did 15 years ago....nothing imaginative at all....100 and something out of 120 something offensive ranking...blah, blah, blah. All that's missing is a Fullback as our featured back for four (4) straight years.

• Haha
Reactions: Frosty7130
Holy shit, the best WR in Iowa history has 12 receptions for Purdue and they lost…you can’t make this shit up… and if the next words out of your mouth is FU, let me beat you to it…

Either be an Iowa with an or don’t and by the way FU$k U!!!

LOL… and I wanted Purdue to win I just get tired of you shitheads constantly rooting against Iowa!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT