ADVERTISEMENT

Charles Jones

The best wide receiver option Purdue has and although that’s frustrating it came from us, that does not bode well for them I assure you!

Reactions: aride34
Looks like Charlie and their Tight end are option 1&2. Makes Charlie's stats better for sure in early games. It's a long season when you are getting a lot of targets and returning punts and kicks. That's why they play.

Reactions: cmhawks99
I mean seriously a pass first team and their best wide receiver is a third or fourth option from Iowa… That’s what it says?
I think what it may say is this guy that has run 3 great routes and caught in traffic may have been much better than Iowa’s 3 or 4th receiver. If I see anyone better than him Saturday, I will be pleasantly surprised

Jones was hung out to dry on that throw. Props to him for reeling it in knowing the hit likely was coming. He is looking good so far.

For the recording I still like Charlie, but I also still contend, if Charlie ends up as PUs best wideout, it still says more about them, than it does us!

Are you really willing to trade him for a healthy Bruce or Johnson?

I love that Charlie starting makes their WR core weak LOL He sure looks good to me. O'Connell [sp] instantly looked about 10 x better than what Jones would have had for his final year of football had he stayed in Iowa City.

Absolutely not what was said, and I believe you probably know that, if not you’re probably not worth talking to!

Just sayin’!

Elaborate..
I doubt I’m capable of elaborating if you can’t already understand why one of the best passing teams in the big 10 took a 3rd or fourth option from us and it was their best wide receiver…?! It doesn’t seem like that should need much more explanation…

I’ll make another prediction if Penn State goes on to win this game handily this thread will get really, really quiet!!

You'd think from reading this thread PU would be up by 20 with all the catches by CJ. Oh my they've only scored 3 points.

Reactions: cmhawks99
I love that Charlie starting makes their WR core weak LOL He sure looks good to me. O'Connell [sp] instantly looked about 10 x better than what Jones would have had for his final year of football had he stayed in Iowa City.
Both those could be true tho. Jones starting at Purdue does make their WR room look weak. He was 3rd at best at Iowa. More than likely 4th. O’Connell also is a better QB than Petras, which helps Jones get better and throws and more opportunities.

Both those could be true tho. Jones starting at Purdue does make their WR room look weak. He was 3rd at best at Iowa. More than likely 4th. O’Connell also is a better QB than Petras, which helps Jones get better and throws and more opportunities.
Based on what? Number of targets? Yards? TDs?

Certainly not talent.

And secondly, you're right, this is a prime example of a really good skill player that chose to leave Iowa because of how crappy our offense is. Just a huge bummer.

ADVERTISEMENT