ADVERTISEMENT

Charles Jones

I love that Charlie starting makes their WR core weak LOL He sure looks good to me. O'Connell [sp] instantly looked about 10 x better than what Jones would have had for his final year of football had he stayed in Iowa City.
Are you actually a fan, or just another shit on here to do nothing but complain about everything to do with the program? Just asking for a friend........

Reactions: cmhawks99
Are you actually a fan, or just another shit on here to do nothing but complain about everything to do with the program? Just asking for a friend........
Huge fan and Alum.

When good things happen, I will praise them. BUT, right now, we're watching a former player look very, very good for a rival team. It warrants sh*t-talking.

I don’t really understand the argument Jones went to Purdue to catch more balls because it gave him a better shot at the NFL. David Bell was the best receiver I have and will ever see play for Purdue and the guy was barely picked on the second day of the draft.

Truth is, if Jones is good enough, he will make it to the NFL - whether he was playing at Iowa or Purdue.

Yes, it does.
Ok… so you’re saying the best passing team in the Big Ten should routinely have to take the third or fourth best WR from one of the three or four worst passing teams in the Big Ten to be good… And that is sustainable?

I don’t really understand the argument Jones went to Purdue to catch more balls because it gave him a better shot at the NFL. David Bell was the best receiver I have and will ever see play for Purdue and the guy was barely picked on the second day of the draft.

Truth is, if Jones is good enough, he will make it to the NFL - whether he was playing at Iowa or Purdue.

Stop being reasonable!!

Reactions: crstuff
Huge fan and Alum.

When good things happen, I will praise them. BUT, right now, we're watching a former player look very, very good for a rival team. It warrants sh*t-talking.

Bullshit… Iowa has had likely their five best five-year run in history and you do nothing but bitch so that makes you a liar!!

Hi liar!!

• Haha
Reactions: not_mantiteo
Bullshit… Iowa has had likely their five best five-year run in history and you do nothing but bitch so that makes you a liar!!

Hi liar!!
Man I do not care if you believe me or not.

I talk trash about how Iowa let's a good player get away and that our offense is garbage and suddenly i'm not a fan or UI grad.

Funny. Seriously.

Reactions: lesterfan
Both those could be true tho. Jones starting at Purdue does make their WR room look weak. He was 3rd at best at Iowa. More than likely 4th. O’Connell also is a better QB than Petras, which helps Jones get better and throws and more opportunities.
Bingo! You can't tell me every Iowa WR doesn't envy the fact that Jones has a QB that can consistently deliver the ball. If you are an Iowa WR, it has to be pretty goddamn depressing to watch that..

Man I do not care if you believe me or not.

I talk trash about how Iowa let's a good player get away and that our offense is garbage and suddenly i'm not a fan or UI grad.

Funny. Seriously.
I didn’t say your not a fan. I said I’ve never seen you been pleasant and reasonable. Hell why not be a PU fan …they scored 13 points in 4 of 5 straight games last year. If you like that, then be an Iowa fan !

Fact…now what ?

Bingo! You can't tell me every Iowa WR doesn't envy the fact that Jones has a QB that can consistently deliver the ball. If you are an Iowa WR, it has to be pretty goddamn depressing to watch that..
Not when u have a defense that only about 10 other teams have, anything else?

He wasn't gonna take reps from KJ or ABIV.

He's a slot WR, which we have two ahead of him more experienced.
Exactly. Go with all of the above. Hell, he reached career high in catches at Purdue with 3. Targets, yards, talent. KJ, ABIV and more than likely Ragaini have all those things more than Jones.

It’s understandable he went to Purdue for a better opportunity, but the reason is bc he wasn’t starting at Iowa and Purdue has a better QB and weaker WR room. Like another poster said, if you have the talent the NFL will find you. Calvin Johnson came from a triple option team.

Exactly. Go with all of the above. Hell, he reached career high in catches at Purdue with 3. Targets, yards, talent. KJ, ABIV and more than likely Ragaini have all those things more than Jones.

It’s understandable he went to Purdue for a better opportunity, but the reason is bc he wasn’t starting at Iowa and Purdue has a better QB and weaker WR room. Like another poster said, if you have the talent the NFL will find you. Calvin Johnson came from a triple option team.
And still managed 1,200 rec yards with 15 TDs in his final year at Ga Tech. How about that...

GT was not running the triple option while Calvin Johnson was there.

Also lmao at comparing any WR in the country right now, let alone at Iowa, to Calvin Johnson.
It was the other poster...

Calvin was a freak that doesn't come around often, I'm certainly aware.

Huge fan and Alum.

Coors gets it!

We fight for Iowa, not douchebags who quit and ran to greener pastures.

Why are people saying "I still like him". You don't know Jones, he's not your kid. He's a punk who's screwed your favorite team.

You can talk sh** after they beat us.
Well, they've beat us 8 of the last 10

Hi liar!!
And still can't win the big game because we're afraid of offense. It's really sad for Parker, he's at the top of his game and getting screwed by Sonny.

GT was not running the triple option while Calvin Johnson was there.

Also lmao at comparing any WR in the country right now, let alone at Iowa, to Calvin Johnson.
Ah thoughts they ran it when he was there. Definitely was not comparing any Iowa WRs to Calvin Johnson or any current college WR for that matter. Point was if Jones was an NFL WR he would’ve shown it while at Iowa.

Oh no guys what happened, Charlie had 3 catches in the first 11 minutes…now what ?

the best Offense and the best WR ( Charlie Jones) have 10 points in the first Hal vs a legit D…crackers.

Explain…

Last edited:
You can sift through the other poster(s) comments and figure out why I said that.
It still doesn't mean what you think it does, considering:

A) That poster was incorrect about GT running the triple option.

B) Calvin Johnson was the best WR of his generation. He could have gotten 1000 yards with me throwing to him.

C) He was the only WR in that offense with a pulse.

D) GT still went 9-5 that season.

Ok… so you’re saying the best passing team in the Big Ten should routinely have to take the third or fourth best WR from one of the three or four worst passing teams in the Big Ten to be good… And that is sustainable?
Charlie Jones left because he wanted to leave and play with his buddy Aiden O’Connell in an offense that throws the ball and has imagination. Tracy left because we was no longer an option in the Iowa O.

Players are going to leave regardless of why but Iowa needs to recruit the WR position better and utilize the players they have in an offense that is balanced and can get the ball out to the wide receivers.

ADVERTISEMENT