ADVERTISEMENT

Charlie Jones to the portal

I just don't see any way that Charlie wouldn't be a major contributor at WR as well as a return man. If Iowa has so many of both that Charlie wouldn't see the field next season, then start buying your playoff tickets now. Or maybe Charlie wants to play where the QB can get him the ball. The more I think about it, the more it does make sense after all. Charlie has seen what poor QB play does to Iowa wide receivers, so he's looking to play for a modern offense that can get him the ball. NOW I get it. But what a shame for the Hawkeyes. That's not a good look when a top receiver leaves because you have no QB.

I just don't see any way that Charlie wouldn't be a major contributor at WR as well as a return man. If Iowa has so many of both that Charlie wouldn't see the field next season, then start buying your playoff tickets now. Or maybe Charlie wants to play where the QB can get him the ball. The more I think about it, the more it does make sense after all. Charlie has seen what poor QB play does to Iowa wide receivers, so he's looking to play for a modern offense that can get him the ball. NOW I get it. But what a shame for the Hawkeyes.
why would you wait if the second half was the case? I'll putting a positive spin on this and hoping that finally the offense is in the hands of the person willing to put the best players on the field. Oh gawd, I hope this is the case at the QB position.

why would you wait if the second half was the case? I'll putting a positive spin on this and hoping that finally the offense is in the hands of the person willing to put the best players on the field. Oh gawd, I hope this is the case at the QB position.
He was one of the best players. There isn't someone new in charge of the offense.

Don't understand this one at all. What was he looking for that Iowa could not provide?

And with the season kicking off in just over 3 months, good luck at (1) finding a new school that's a good fit; and (2) earning playing time.
(3) hes already late in his career.

Don't understand this one at all. What was he looking for that Iowa could not provide?

And with the season kicking off in just over 3 months, good luck at (1) finding a new school that's a good fit; and (2) earning playing time.
Purdue a possibility, after losing their top WR flunking out of school? Was he and Tracy friends?

Reactions: Franisdaman
My prediction is he thinks he's better than he is and thinks showcasing his wideout skills in a more pass first offense increases his chance at the NFL, something I think he has 0% chance at.

Or something else happened that we might not know about but was going to cost him playing time this year.

Reactions: *hawksrock*
Very unfortunate. The timing is beyond strange being post-spring ball going into final season. I understand he'll very likely have more catches at Purdue, but his NFL stock isn't going to change. He's Riley McCarron revisited, and will have to be perfect as an UDFA to make a roster in the NFL.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT