ADVERTISEMENT

Charlie Jones

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Check these out & Watch:

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29tL2hhd2tleWVzcG9ydHMtY29tLzIwMjAvMTAvNWE4OTMyODktMjAyMDEwMTJfaGF3a2V5ZWZvb3RiYWxscHJhY3RpY2UwMDI4LmpwZw.png

i

EkTWe3NWsAUF34D

Last edited:
What a shame these kids can't play in normal conditions. Iowa clearly has a lot of talent on the offensive side of the ball. I would agree that the potential is there for "Petras to Jones for the touchdown!" to become a common phrase . . . along with Petras to Smith-Marsette, Brandon Smith, Tyrone Tracy, Nico Ragaini, Tyler Goodson . . . If the O-line can do anything at all, Iowa should put up the points this year at a rate similar to the Hawkeye basketball team.

Before the season is over, if it makes it all the way to the end, maybe the team and its fans can enjoy Iowa football the way it deserves to be enjoyed. The possibilities are there. We can only hope.

BTW: Love the Kurt Warner SI cover. And Petras ain't a bad guitar man, either. Thanks for posting, Fran.

Pretty plain to see why Oliver Martin left. Jones beat him out.
Players have been talking about how impressive Jones is. It will be interesting to see how much he plays.

Crazy to think that Oliver would have been our 6th best WR.

1. Ihmir Smith-Marsette
2. Brandon Smith
3. Tyrone Tracy, Jr
4. Nico Ragaini
5. Charlie Jones
6. Oliver Martin

What a shame these kids can't play in normal conditions. Iowa clearly has a lot of talent on the offensive side of the ball. I would agree that the potential is there for "Petras to Jones for the touchdown!" to become a common phrase . . . along with Petras to Smith-Marsette, Brandon Smith, Tyrone Tracy, Nico Ragaini, Tyler Goodson . . . If the O-line can do anything at all, Iowa should put up the points this year at a rate similar to the Hawkeye basketball team.

Before the season is over, if it makes it all the way to the end, maybe the team and its fans can enjoy Iowa football the way it deserves to be enjoyed. The possibilities are there. We can only hope.

BTW: Love the Kurt Warner SI cover. And Petras ain't a bad guitar man, either. Thanks for posting, Fran.

the Covid king thinks we might have fans in the stands, I am pleased

Its getting progressively harder to keep the panic going when the numbers all indicated the virus is now attenuating.

BUT ON A MUCH MORE UNIFYING NOTE

I think we see a core of Brandon and ISM with the other three guys rotating on a relatively equal basis. Truly think one of the significant changes in the offensive game plan is to get the ball to the bigger play makers. We only have one of those at running back but I'm thinking 5 at wide receiver. Hopefully that prediction appears true on Saturday.

Reactions: BirdistheWord
Its getting progressively harder to keep the panic going when the numbers all indicated the virus is now attenuating.

BUT ON A MUCH MORE UNIFYING NOTE

I think we see a core of Brandon and ISM with the other three guys rotating on a relatively equal basis. Truly think one of the significant changes in the offensive game plan is to get the ball to the bigger play makers. We only have one of those at running back but I'm thinking 5 at wide receiver. Hopefully that prediction appears true on Saturday.
Take this BS to the off topic board. Has no place in this thread or any other on the FB board. Great find by the way Fran!

Lockett, haven’t heard much, I think Hudson is the next guy to emerge outside of Jones

The ridiculous part is that we won't know much about Hudson and Lockett because there are so many guys ahead of them.

Compared to our WR room of 5 years ago, we currently have an embarrassment of riches. Putting ISM, Brandon Smith, and Tracy on the field at the same time is our best set in ..... a long time.

Matched up with Goodson?

I can't wait for Saturday!

ICHawk is spot on. This is the most offensive talent we've had in a long time. I think the game plan will look more like the Holiday Bowl than the Wisconsin game. Some surprises for our opponents. Now if you Petras can perform at a high level this could be a very special season.

ICHawk is spot on. This is the most offensive talent we've had in a long time. I think the game plan will look more like the Holiday Bowl than the Wisconsin game. Some surprises for our opponents. Now if you Petras can perform at a high level this could be a very special season.
i have heard some speculate that they may initially have Spencer make short, conservative passes and allow our WRs to make plays in space

it will be interesting to see what the game plan is; I would imagine PU will try to stop the run and make Spencer beat them

Reactions: Hawk94Mn
i have heard some speculate that they may initially have Spencer make short, conservative passes and allow our WRs to make plays in space

it will be interesting to see what the game plan is; I would imagine PU will try to stop the run and make Spencer beat them
That has to be peeuuu's game plan on defense. Petras is the shiny new piece of the offense so make him show that he is dangerous. Have you watched the PU game from last year? Our rush offense was not good against what was one of the worst run defenses. Our offensive line and backs need to show improvement but Purdue will surely try to make Spencer show that he belongs.

Reactions: Franisdaman
That has to be peeuuu's game plan on defense. Petras is the shiny new piece of the offense so make him show that he is dangerous. Have you watched the PU game from last year? Our rush offense was not good against what was one of the worst run defenses. Our offensive line and backs need to show improvement but Purdue will surely try to make Spencer show that he belongs.
i have a feeling fans will be frustrated at first because we will likely try to run the ball and have a conservative passing game in order to take the pressure off Spencer

now that I say that, just watch! BF will have all kinds of crazy ass, explosive plays! LOL

i have a feeling fans will be frustrated at first because we will likely try to run the ball and have a conservative passing game in order to take the pressure off Spencer

now that I say that, just watch! BF will have all kinds of crazy ass, explosive plays! LOL
Don't forget Stanley's first road game as starter. It was a fantastic to watch the offense that day.

Players have been talking about how impressive Jones is. It will be interesting to see how much he plays.

Crazy to think that Oliver would have been our 6th best WR.

1. Ihmir Smith-Marsette
2. Brandon Smith
3. Tyrone Tracy, Jr
4. Nico Ragaini
5. Charlie Jones
6. Oliver Martin

6. Max Cooper
7. Oliver Martin

6. Max Cooper
7. Oliver Martin
i forgot about Max.

Holy crap, our WR room is perhaps too loaded!

He's a senior, right?

I looked it up; he was one of 10 true freshmen to see action in 2017.

2017...0 Rec...0 yds
2018...3 Rec...15 yds
2019...1 Rec...-3 yds

2019 Honors – – Comeback Player of the Year, offense . . . Next Man In Award, special teams . . .

2019 – – Saw action in eight games, recording one reception and five punt returns .

usa_today_11640833.0.jpg

Last edited:

precisely, Purdue will pack the box and make Petras prove he can make the big throw. I think this will lead to some big plays in the pass game to Laporta and ISM

Laporta might be the feature of the passing attack, so talented as a freshman and it’s difficult to guard TE’s man to man, especially fast ones like him

Reactions: Franisdaman
precisely, Purdue will pack the box and make Petras prove he can make the big throw. I think this will lead to some big plays in the pass game to Laporta and ISM

Laporta might be the feature of the passing attack, so talented as a freshman and it’s difficult to guard TE’s man to man, especially fast ones like him
this is Spencer's 3rd year in the program, too, so he knows the offense inside & out and won't have crowd noise to deal with

he looks so young here:

They better have the secondary to load the box.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT