ADVERTISEMENT

Chauncey replaces AJE ??

SuperSK

HR MVP
Oct 29, 2001
In several of today's pictures of Hawk practice, when the one 's are going at each other, # 57 is matched up with # 77. So, Alaric at LT against RE Golston. I thought about 3/4 months ago that would make some sense. He's our quick twitch, fast DE who most easily could replicate what AJE gave us last year in terms of pass rush. Waggoner slides in at LDE and our DL looks like JW, Heflin, Nixon and Golston left to right. Second unit Lee, Shannon, Lorbeck and VanV left to right. Pretty stout two deep. Evans will be the 9th guy at both DE and DT. :cool:

In several of today's pictures of Hawk practice, when the one 's are going at each other, # 57 is matched up with # 77. So, Alaric at LT against RE Golston. I thought about 3/4 months ago that would make some sense. He's our quick twitch, fast DE who most easily could replicate what AJE gave us last year in terms of pass rush. Waggoner slides in at LDE and our DL looks like JW, Heflin, Nixon and Golston left to right. Second unit Lee, Shannon, Lorbeck and VanV left to right. Pretty stout two deep. Evans will be the 9th guy at both DE and DT. :cool:
Who is Lorbeck? Did you mean Schulte? Nice freshman class of DL. Wonder if any of them see the field?

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Chauncey is going to pop a lot. On first and second down we usually only have one D-end force the issue, that was traditionally Eppy. Now with Chauncey getting loved to the blind side, and having a proverbial “go” every down he’s going to get a lot more pressures and sacks

Reactions: ichawk24
I think the plan is that Lorbeck redshirts Schulte is looking good on the interior. We will be fine on the dl.
Might make some good sense to redshirt him if he didn't already at NIU. Plus, at 255, a little light for DL. Forgot about Schulte and he should be right behind Nixon at this point. Our overall DL depth will be a strength for us.

Was wondering if anything had come up about Lorbeck, as he’s been in a lot of these pictures.

Lorbeck is a DE, and only about 245 I think. He won't be playing inside. Same thing with Evans, a situational pass rusher up to about 240, will not be playing inside.

Might also see some DE time from the youngest of the Nelson boys, or even true frosh Black is already up to 6'5" and 280 at DE.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT