ADVERTISEMENT

Checking In On Biden's EV Investment And..

Scruddy

HR Heisman
Mar 18, 2021

Another beautiful "success" by the most useless administration in US history. Maybe the missing money is with the billions in homeless funding that Newsom/CA leftists "misplaced" recently.

Government efficiency at its finest lmfao

Reactions: jasonrann

Another beautiful "success" by the most useless administration in US history. Maybe the missing money is with the billions in homeless funding that Newsom/CA leftists "misplaced" recently.

Government efficiency at its finest lmfao
what article is this referencing? and which "ev program"?

the one i know about is NEVI...and that was funded throughout several federal fiscal years...its not like they dumped $7B into a pile and told everyone to start building

the program is set up in phases that go through several years...first phase was to get level 3 charging stations along certain interstate corridors (aka AFCs)...this required states to submit plans for how the money would be spent (this part is mostly done at this point)...the next phases are starting to roll out now

infrastructure spending is divided among federal fiscal years...the IIJA runs through FFY 2026...and the money is spread across all of them

again - when they say a program has $7B in funding, that doesn't mean they just immediately start cutting checks until they hit $7B

i don't expect people to understand the nuances of it...but if you want to have big opinions about how quickly the money is being spent, it's kind of important to actually know how the process works

Last edited:
Employer: "Scrud, we're gonna pay you $50k/yr for this job you're starting today, paid bi-weekly"

Two weeks later:

Scrud: "WHEREZ MY $50,000!!??? You just gave me a check for ~$2000 this week!!!"

Employer: "Uh, yeah, you get paid bi-weekly; just like we told you"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT