ADVERTISEMENT

Chess players on HROT?

sultanofsuede

HR Heisman
Nov 30, 2004
Anyone like the game out here? I’m not good, just really enjoy a match here and there. Want to get a game going on Chess with Friends?

I don’t care if you have a big (or small) rating. Just thought some enjoyable games where we all learn something could be cool. Also - no politics. Just win/lose and a virtual handshake.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
I got up as high as 1946 playing a variant called suicide chess on the Free Internet Chess server on 8/11/2003 (a few weeks shy of my 14th birthday). If I give any more hints, it will reveal my handle and then I will get banned for having multiple handles on a chess server no one visits anymore.

Reactions: FormerlyCyberCy
I play non competitively. More correctly, I play against the computer application.

I play non competitively. More correctly, I play against the computer application.
I haven’t played online chess in well over a decade, but I’ve heard cheating has gotten rampant by people playing the moves their opponent is making against a bot and making the moves the bot makes against the human.

• Haha
Reactions: desihawk
I know how to play. That's about it.

On the occasion that I do play I'm quite terrible at the game.

Can play. Thought I was better than reality until I ran into someone who knew what they were doing.

I played quite a bit as a young adult. At one point I was interested enough to learn about about some of the great Grandmasters. The attacking style of World Champion Alexander Alekhine developed in the 1920's/30s really intrigued me even though I preferred a defensive strategy. I tried virtual chess matches but just can't do it - I need to be at the table with my opponent.

Reactions: hwk23
Used to play frequently in high school and college, but haven't touched it in years now...

I ****ing loved playing yahoo chess in high school back in the early 2000s, those were the days

I average around 1800-2000 rating on blitz chess on chess.com, I love 3-5 minute games, anything longer and your online opponent has too much time to cheat easily.

ADVERTISEMENT