ADVERTISEMENT

Chevron Moving HQ's out of California

DogBoyRy

HB Legend
Jul 28, 2006
Lots of high-end real estate coming available in the Bay Area for you CA fans.
Just sayin.

The move makes sense to me. Houston (the epicenter of the energy business) is an obvious choice for an oil & gas company. There will be savings with this move. California is an expensive place to do business.

The move makes sense to me. Houston (the epicenter of the energy business) is an obvious choice for an oil & gas company. There will be savings with this move. California is an expensive place to do business.
Yep.
I think it's also a FU due to the Bullshit they are fighting in El Segundo and getting zero help from CA..
For those of you unaware the El Segundo case is a great example of bad gov't environmental policy...

Obvious move. They sold the old HQ campus and vacated it last year. I think their new Nor Cal office was built for like 1/5 or 1/6 the capacity. They slowly moved people to Houston over the years.

Reactions: DogBoyRy
Obvious move. They sold the old HQ campus and vacated it last year. I think their new Nor Cal office was built for like 1/5 or 1/6 the capacity. They slowly moved people to Houston over the years.
Just talked to a buddy who lives across the street from Wirth (CEO of Chevron). Said the Chevron execs moving to TX just won the lottery from a pension and tax deal.

Reactions: hexumhawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT