ADVERTISEMENT

Chicago Bears Playing Field…WTF

Interesting. It's almost like they should have a professional make that decision and not the football coach.

We're about to have some nights in the mid 50s in a few days. I like the plan of, "we'll just overseed it". I'd be curious to see when they plan on doing that. If it's anything like the overseed at Augusta, it comes in great, but as soon as it starts getting traffic on it, it checks out. Going to be tough to grow in from seed in a few weeks.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
Interesting. It's almost like they should have a professional make that decision and not the football coach.

We're about to have some nights in the mid 50s in a few days. I like the plan of, "we'll just overseed it". I'd be curious to see when they plan on doing that. If it's anything like the overseed at Augusta, it comes in great, but as soon as it starts getting traffic on it, it checks out. Going to be tough to grow in from seed in a few weeks.
So, you get 2 or 3 games on a nice green field before it starts to check out, then overseed at the end of the optimal window. Unreal.

They’re going to end up painting it for every game. LOL.

Cool_Warm_Transition_Zone_Map_grande.png

"Hey guys, it worked in Indianapolis, Kansas City, and Baltimore. Those climates are the same as Chicago, right? Just ignore that cold, giant lake next to the stadium."

So, you get 2 or 3 games on a nice green field before it starts to check out, then overseed at the end of the optimal window. Unreal.

They’re going to end up painting it for every game. LOL.
Even if you were dead set on trying a warm season grass, zoysia handles the cold better than Bermuda. Good lord...

I know the park district takes care of the field, but surely someone there has a degree in some sort of agriculture field and told them what a bad idea this is, right?

should go field turf
Artificial? No, they shouldn't. Unless you like knee injuries and worse concussions from their heads bouncing off the ground.

All they would have to do is look at the neighbors to the north and do the exact same thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT