ADVERTISEMENT

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot has greeted those arriving with open arms then sends them away to the suburbs

Lightfoot is the dumbest mayor in America. She complains Abbott is sending Chicago illegal aliens and is anti American, Christian, blah blah and then she turns around and sends them to the burbs. If she wasn't a democrat she would sound like a moron. (But being a Democrat she sounds normal)

Reactions: Movillehawk
Lightfoot is the dumbest mayor in America. She complains Abbott is sending Chicago illegal aliens and is anti American, Christian, blah blah and then she turns around and sends them to the burbs. If she wasn't a democrat she would sound like a moron. (But being a Democrat she sounds normal)
But many in the suburbs have roofs that need new shingles.!!!!!

According to officials, the refugees taken to Burr Ridge are primarily families with children.
and assigned to temporary hotel housing in Burr Ridge

apocalypsenow-horror.gif

Reactions: nelly02
Lightfoot is a twofer for cult members. Black, and a lesbian. She jostles them pretty good. I think her partner might even be Jewish. That must give Northern the vapors.

Have to love these dem mayors complaining about a few thousand illegals showing up and blaming Texas. What about blaming the guy who opened the borders and welcomes anyone willing to come here illegally.
That is a good point. No illegals came to the US until after 1/20/2021. It really sucks that after four years of no illegals entering the US Biden lifted the gates like that.

• Haha
Reactions: abby97
I wonder where all those arriving on airplanes end up?
It's probably hard to tell as it seems that the adults in the position to know are too busy purposefully being pricks to each other.

Honestly, what other job in America would not only abide, but sometimes even praise such blatantly malicious compliance and lack of communication between principle offices?

She's....she's putting them up in a hotel. WTF is the problem? Are you sad that sending immigrants to Chicago didn't create the massive humanitarian crisis that you were hoping for? Do they not have hotels in Texas? Are you mad she didn't just let them stay out on the streets? I don't get what the controversy is.

She's....she's putting them up in a hotel. WTF is the problem? Are you sad that sending immigrants to Chicago didn't create the massive humanitarian crisis that you were hoping for? Do they not have hotels in Texas? Are you mad she didn't just let them stay out on the streets? I don't get what the controversy is.

I think the problem is that Chicago advertises itself as a sanctuary city, Burr Ridge does not. The City has plenty of hotels. The local response to this in Chicago, New York, and DC has been pathetic. Do as they say, not as they do I guess.

I think the problem is that Chicago advertises itself as a sanctuary city, Burr Ridge does not. The City has plenty of hotels. The local response to this in Chicago, New York, and DC has been pathetic. Do as they say, not as they do I guess.
You didn't answer my question. What is wrong with what she is doing? Or, how has the response been pathetic? It would seem to me putting them up in hotels until their hearings is an appropriate response.

You didn't answer my question. What is wrong with what she is doing? Or, how has the response been pathetic? It would seem to me putting them up in hotels until their hearings is an appropriate response.

Why not house them in Chicago hotels?

Because she is being considerate. She doesn’t want to make the immigrants stay in Chicago, which she knows is a shithole

That is a great host. If you have company staying at your house and you know the guest bedroom has mold growing and a backed up toilet, you find alternative sleeping arrangements for guest. Same thing here

Well you didn’t have a question beyond rhetorical. What’s wrong is that what she is doing is on par with what Abbot has done, while the City asserts itself as a sanctuary for illegal/undocumented/fill_in_the_blank migrants

She will likely get hammered for this in the D primary, which will be another demonstration of her political ineptness

Reactions: Hammer93
Well you didn’t have a question beyond rhetorical. What’s wrong is that what she is doing is on par with what Abbot has done, while the City asserts itself as a sanctuary for illegal/undocumented/fill_in_the_blank migrants

She will likely get hammered for this in the D primary, which will be another demonstration of her political ineptness
She's putting them up in hotels in the suburbs where hotel prices are 1/3 the cost of what they are in the city. If she had spent $300 a night for downtown hotels you'd be bitching about that. I'm not saying she's immune from criticism, but this is just stupid and legitimizes any fair criticisms you can have with her. It makes it look like you are just fishing for something to tear her down with.

To compare it with what Abbot is doing is laughable at best. She didn't throw them on a bus and drive them 1000 miles away. Just to a place where it cost $80 a night and not $300. If she gets "hammered" on it in the primary, I hope they have better responses to my question than this or she will rip them apart with her response.

I see you haven't priced hotels in Chicago....ever. Chicago hotels cost upwards of $300 a night. Suburban hotels are $80-$100 a night.

Edit: I'm just talking about a basic room, not luxury suites or penthouse rooms, obviously.

Last edited:
She's putting them up in hotels in the suburbs where hotel prices are 1/3 the cost of what they are in the city. If she had spent $300 a night for downtown hotels you'd be bitching about that. I'm not saying she's immune from criticism, but this is just stupid and legitimizes any fair criticisms you can have with her. It makes it look like you are just fishing for something to tear her down with.

I literally do not care what it costs, just like I don't care what it costs in NYC, nor do I care what it costs elsewhere. I'm on record that anybody that wants to immigrate to America should be welcomed.

I literally do not care what it costs, just like I don't care what it costs in NYC, nor do I care what it costs elsewhere. I'm on record that anybody that wants to immigrate to America should be welcomed.
That's nice. But as a taxpayer, I would rather see them housed in perfectly suitable cheaper suburban hotels than super expensive downtown Chicago hotels. I don't know if this is being paid for by the city of Chicago or the State of Illinois, but I'm glad they are going with the most economical choice without just kicking them to the streets and saying "Good luck!". The thing is, if Abbott weren't such an asshole, he probably could have just asked politely and these cities would have been willing to help. But then he doesn't get to make his political grandstand.

That's nice. But as a taxpayer, I would rather see them housed in perfectly suitable cheaper suburban hotels than super expensive downtown Chicago hotels. I don't know if this is being paid for by the city of Chicago or the State of Illinois, but I'm glad they are going with the most economical choice without just kicking them to the streets and saying "Good luck!". The thing is, if Abbott weren't such an asshole, he probably could have just asked politely and these cities would have been willing to help. But then he doesn't get to make his political grandstand.

You are so blinded by political party that you can't see that Lightfoot did the exact same thing that Abbot did - she used humans to score political points. I saw her on the local news in both New York and Baltimore grandstanding about how Abbot was using humans as political pawns, which she was using for her benefit until it came time to write a check. It's two sides of the same coin.

There's nothing wrong with what she is doing. There's a lot wrong with what she is saying. She's ignoring the actual underlying problem, and she's willfully ignoring the federal government flying illegal immigrants all over the country (instead of busing them) under the cover of darkness.

There's nothing wrong with what she is doing. There's a lot wrong with what she is saying. She's ignoring the actual underlying problem, and she's willfully ignoring the federal government flying illegal immigrants all over the country (instead of busing them) under the cover of darkness.
The only ones being flown are families that are being relocated to facilities equipped for children. DeSantis was very dishonest. I linked an article for you previously. Must have forgot?

Reactions: nelly02 and BioHawk
You are so blinded by political party that you can't see that Lightfoot did the exact same thing that Abbot did - she used humans to score political points. I saw her on the local news in both New York and Baltimore grandstanding about how Abbot was using humans as political pawns, which she was using for her benefit until it came time to write a check. It's two sides of the same coin.
You seem to be so blinded by political party that you haven't noticed that I haven't really taken a side on this other than Lightfoot has shown some empathy and Abbott has shown how much of an a-hole he is. So, Lightfoot finds a safe place for these people to stay and now you accuse her of "political grandstanding". What is she supposed to do, rant about how much of an asshole Abbot is and send them back? Because that is what using them as political pawns would look like. Instead, she is being the adult in the room and actually dealing with the problem that Abbott is too much of a child to do himself.

Last edited:
Reactions: nelly02
Just waiting for the Republican mayors in the south to be arrested for the transport of illegal aliens.

The only ones being flown are families that are being relocated to facilities equipped for children. DeSantis was very dishonest. I linked an article for you previously. Must have forgot?
You linked an article that was short on the truth. There are videos of planes unloading adult males and no children in NY State.

Reactions: Hammer93
You seem to be so blinded by political party that I haven't really taken a side on this other than Lightfoot has shown some empathy and Abbott has shown how much of an a-hole he is. So, Lightfoot finds a safe place for these people to stay and now you accuse her of "political grandstanding". What is she supposed to do, rant about how much of an asshole Abbot is and send them back? Because that is what using them as political pawns would look like. Instead, she is being the adult in the room and actually dealing with the problem that Abbott is too much of a child to do himself.

Chicago is the sanctuary, not Burr Ridge, not the state of Illinois (to my knowledge). She wanted the attention for accepting them, then she didn't want the bill or responsibility

According to officials, the refugees taken to Burr Ridge are primarily families with children.
and assigned to temporary hotel housing in Burr Ridge

apocalypsenow-horror.gif
It would have at least been nice to let the mayor know they were coming. Last night he was on the news and said he got side swiped by Lori Lightbrain who never told him she was sending them there. What a bitch.

To compare it with what Abbot is doing is laughable at best. She didn't throw them on a bus and drive them 1000 miles away. Just to a place where it cost $80 a night and not $300. If she gets "hammered" on it in the primary, I hope they have better responses to my question than this or she will rip them apart with her response.

They consented to the trip.

Chicago is the sanctuary, not Burr Ridge, not the state of Illinois (to my knowledge). She wanted the attention for accepting them, then she didn't want the bill or responsibility
Pffft. Ok, if this is the talking point you are going to be using then you might as well just stop.

So now you are saying that having people stay in a hotel is some huge burden on the community? Well, I guess we should just ban hotels in every city or else people might actually stay in them!

It would have at least been nice to let the mayor know they were coming. Last night he was on the news and said he got side swiped by Lori Lightbrain who never told him she was sending them there. What a bitch.
I mean, I get the courtesy of it, but is the mayor notified anytime people stay in hotels? What is required of the mayor for this? You all are acting like these people are carriers of a disease more contagious than Covid. They are just people, and they are probably safer to be around than half the Americans you are surrounded by.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT