ADVERTISEMENT

Chicago Style Pizza

Who likes it? Who loves it? Who makes it? I'm doing so this weekend.
been a really long time since i had Chi pizza with beer. so i’ll give this a try as well perhaps as soon as this evening and then post here

Reactions: GOHOX69
This. I prefer pizza to lasagna... so I go NY style.
We go through this every few months. Let's use hot women as an analog to pizza. Let's say you prefer blonde chicks and NY style is the hottest blonde you know. But can you deny the awesomeness of:
d08fc743fdcb6bc5b97aab97b21997a6--hot-brunette-brunette-beauty.jpg.1b94f0369bcee742534d71b9e2a5fa9f.jpg

Last edited:
Prefer thin but Chicago is not bad. It's better than Detroit. Out of american pizza's I'd probably go in this order.

1. St Louis
2. New York
3. Quad Cities!
4. Chicago
5 California

10. Detroit

It's just fine, but not my fave. Sauce should be beneath the cheese and toppings, not on top. Usually the crust ratio is too high as well. I prefer the thin styles over most deep dish options.

Who likes it? Who loves it? Who makes it? I'm doing so this weekend.

Detroit style pizza > Chicago style pizza if you’re into casseroles rather than good quality Neapolitan, NYC, Trenton, New Haven and/or California style actual pizzas. I bought a specific pan to make the Detroit style at home as other than Little Caesar’s we don’t have a restaurant in Tally that does Detroit Style and Little Ceasars is a Little to low in quality of ingredients for me to want on a regular basis (Their bacon wrapped Detroit style covered in more bacon and pepperoni special that pops up every now and then notwithstanding). So my wife and I do make Detroit style about once a month at home now, as well as Stromboli’s, calzones, NYC style thin crust, California style pizza and grilled campfire pizza.

ADVERTISEMENT