ADVERTISEMENT

Chick-fil-A store asks for ‘volunteers’ to work for chicken, not money

CFA used to serve up a pretty good sammie/biscuit for a fast food joint. The size is now decidedly smaller, the product is drier and less tasty. They went full on corporate.
Dude I used to work with grew up outside of Hapeville, Ga., site of the ATL airport. His HS football team won state one year. He and his buddies frequented the Dwarf Grill, where the CFA founder Truitt Cathy tried out his recipes, gratis, on the local athletes. The Dwarf Grill begat Chick Fil A.
CFA is a leader in service and quick product, but nothing special product wise.

In terms of the quality of the food I agree with you. In their marquee food item (the chicken sandwich), Popeyes, Bojangles and Aussie Grill blows them away. Even KFC is better. Sure, CFA chicken sandwiches beats all of the hamburger first fast food places (Mickey D, Burger King, Wendy’s, Whataburger, Sonic, etc…), but is that really a big accomplishment?

Where CFA is great is the customer service, they are probably the quickest, most efficient and friendliest min wage employees out there. They can handle five times the orders of an equivalent Mickey Ds or even Bojangles or Popeyes. And the sauces are really good, the original sauce and Polynesian in particular.

But the actual chicken? Usually not very crispy and usually a little mealy. Plus overly sweetened from their sweet pickle brine. I’m not touching a CFA strip or nugget without sauce. Meanwhile Bojangles, Popeyes, Raising Cane’s, Aussie Grills, Guthries, Foosacklys and even KFC have nuggets and strips that do not require sauce.
I love Bojangles and agree that their chicken is far superior, but CFA can handle about 30 times the orders of the normal Bojangles. Slow as hell most of the time.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
For someone with the candle power to be an MD, i expected more. The spicy deluxe is all you can ask for in a drive through chicken sandy.
I honestly could not tell you the last time I had a drive through chicken sandwich. If I'm having a fried chicken sandwich, it's going to be a buffalo chicken sandwich served with an ice cold beer at a local establishment.

Tip-the Iowa Tap Room makes a hell of a buffalo chicken sandwich.

I honestly could not tell you the last time I had a drive through chicken sandwich. If I'm having a fried chicken sandwich, it's going to be a buffalo chicken sandwich served with an ice cold beer at a local establishment.

Living in the suburbs with three kids, we hit CFA pretty regularly.

I love Bojangles and agree that their chicken is far superior, but CFA can handle about 30 times the orders of the normal Bojangles. Slow as hell most of the time.

Oh I agree. If we’re rating them for each individual quality, I’d give Bojangles a 9/10 for chicken, 9/10 for biscuits, 5/10 for sauces and 4/10 for service. I’d give CFA a 6/10 for chicken, 3/10 for biscuits, 10/10 for sauces and 10/10 for service. All and all, I‘d take the quality chicken and biscuits over sauce and service. But CFA does deserve credit where credit is due.

Reactions: hawkifann

We pretty much only have fast food when traveling. When we find a CFA, they always deliver the sandwiches in a quick, friendly, crispy fashion. Per trad’s point though, their waffle fries aren’t very good and typically soggy. The solution is to not have them.

ADVERTISEMENT