Chicken wing debate

torbee

HR King
Gold Member
I am one of the rare people who actually prefers these wing segments:

o-CHICKEN-WINGS-facebook.jpg

To these:
wingstrioplated.jpg

Sure, there is less meat on them and they are a bit messier to eat, but the wing-sauce-to-meat ratio is superior and they tend to stay moister.

Where do you stand on the drummies v. wingettes debate?

I do not care, will eat either. Probably agree with OP tho if I was forced to make a choice

To these:
wingstrioplated.jpg

Sure, there is less meat on them and they are a bit messier to eat, but the wing-sauce-to-meat ratio is superior and they tend to stay moister.

I stand with you.

To these:
wingstrioplated.jpg

Definitely flats for me too, as crispy as possible!

I have roughly a 70/30 drummies to wingettes preference. I don't want all drummies, but prefer a majority of my basket come with them. Just not enough meat on most wingettes.

Further on the topic of wings, I note that at Sam's Club you can get a huge ass bag of Tyson wings with huge ass drummies and wingettes in them. At Hy-Vee or other grocery stores, or Target for that matter, they only sell the puny anytizers type wings. To honor this thread, I will be stopping by Sam's tonight...

Further on the topic of wings, I note that at Sam's Club you can get a huge ass bag of Tyson wings with huge ass drummies and wingettes in them. At Hy-Vee or other grocery stores, or Target for that matter, they only sell the puny anytizers type wings. To honor this thread, I will be stopping by Sam's tonight...
I too enjoy the big wings from Sam's, they are the best around to make at home.

I too enjoy the big wings from Sam's, they are the best around to make at home.
And at home I always cook them at a much higher heat, usually around 425, for about 20 minutes longer than the directions call for. Pro tip: line your baking sheet with tin foil to make cleanup easier or to wrap up any leftovers in the baked out wing goo goodness.

ADVERTISEMENT