ADVERTISEMENT

Child of the Wave, Beckett Nau

bobcat_baseball

HR All-State
Mar 11, 2008
Bettendorf
My son Beckett Nau passed away today. He was 6 months old.

It may seem like a strange place to post this, but Iowa held such a huge part of his life.

Beckett was born 9-2-2017, the day of the very first wave.

Beckett spent the next 6 months of his life at the Stead Family Children's Hospital, where he and his family spent many loving times. We all looked forward to the wave every Saturday home game.

God has one more Hawkeye in heaven, and he will always be waving down!

tinypic.com

My Son passed away nine years ago, too. How amazing that you were able to give (and receive) 6 months of deep and meaningful love to Beckett - and that all of us who shared in the wave were able to share in his, and your lives too. Bless him, bless you, and hold on.

So sorry to read this. I can’t imagine the pain you are experiencing. Glad the wave and watching the Hawks made thing better

Bobcat, prayers to you and your family. Continued healing to you Ukraine. I cannot imagine the pain that you both have endured.

Sorry to hear about young Beckett. The wave takes on a whole new meaning after hearing this story. May he rest peacefully and look down on us with a big smile.

Reactions: kceasthawk
So sorry for your loss. Can’t imagine what you and your family are going through. You will meet again in a better place. Stay strong and keep your faith. It’s the only thing that will get you through this tragedy.

Reactions: Rodney-Henderson
Glad I was able to wave to him. The loss is VERY sad. Find strength in knowing he is now in a much better place. Still, T & P to your family.

My heart aches for you and your family during this devastating time. I pray that you find strength and healing from your memories of Beckett and know that he is at peace now. Your story and Beckett's spirit will forever be on my mind as I continue to partake in the Wave.

Reactions: Hawk_4shur

It may seem like a strange place to post this, but Iowa held such a huge part of his life.

Beckett spent the next 6 months of his life at the Stead Family Children's Hospital, where he and his family spent many loving times. We all looked forward to the wave every Saturday home game.

tinypic.com

May god be with you during this challenging time. Lean on your family and your faith. I lost a son about 12 years ago. Time heals some. Cherish the memories you were able to make.

May god be with you during this challenging time. Lean on your family and your faith. I lost a son about 12 years ago. Time heals some. Cherish the memories you were able to make.
You have my deepest sympathy for the loss of your son, too.

Reactions: luvmyhawks
So very sorry for your loss. I'm a Bobcat from Marshalltown, IA; I wish you and yours peace.

God bless you and your families bobcat, ukraine, luvmyhawks, any of you who have lost a child. That the wave to the kids mean so much to them and you is so touching it is hard to put words to.

Now opposing fans and players are waving to the kids as well. We all love football, but compared to sick kids and their parents in the hospital it is, at the end of the day, just a game.

Sorry for your loss Bobcat. I can’t even imagine. I hope you find peace and strength, God Bless.

tinypic.com

Sorry my friend. Will never forget.

Cant imagine how you feel, but I know where your coming from. 9 years ago our daughter was born at 31 weeks. She was 2 lbs and 15 ounces. She lost a few ounces, like infants often do. I think she was down to as little as 2 lbs 13 oz. We spent 5 weeks in Iowa City before we were transferred back to Davenport. What I can tell you about my experience is, there is no better children's hospital in the country. The technology and the brilliant Doctors and wonderful nurses are something I or my family will never forget. We were lucky enough to take home a healthy daughter thanks to the staff. I am deeply sorry to hear about your loss and wish you the best.

Bless you, man. And bless Beckett. Not sure if you are related to the Nau family from Cedar Rapids, but if so, a great family. Maybe we can get the Hawks to honor Beckett somehow this year. May you and your family find some peace and joy, and solidarity in your Hawkeye family, despite the incredible loss.

Sorry for your loss, every wave will be another day Beckett will receive the Hawkeye love...Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. RIP Beckett.

I read the OP on Sunday and have not been able to get Beckett out of mmy mind. He is in God's arms now and I hope his Mother & Father celebrate his short life for the rest of theirs in peace.

I have tears in my eyes just thinking about losing a child. I grieve for you and your family bobcat. Without experiencing it, I know it is the hardest thing for a human to endure. I almost lost a son to leukemia and it was excruciating. T&P's to you and the family.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT