ADVERTISEMENT

China building an island in disputed waters

lucas80

HB King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
Probably discussed before, but, the photo in the attached story shows the impressive scale of China's attempts to muscle into it's neighbor's territory.
That island will clearly be big enough for an airstrip that can support military aircraft.

Link

If that's the region I suspect it is, it contains such vast reserves that it dwarfs - and might make irrelevant - the Middle East reservoirs.

Considering that we built our empire in substantial measure on controlling the ME oil, how will the world change if China (with or without Vietnam and the Philipines) controls these deposits?

Needless to say, if we burn even a small fraction of these reserves, the climate is toast. Badly burnt toast.

Originally posted by What Would Jesus Do?:
If that's the region I suspect it is, it contains such vast reserves that it dwarfs - and might make irrelevant - the Middle East reservoirs.

Considering that we built our empire in substantial measure on controlling the ME oil, how will the world change if China (with or without Vietnam and the Philipines) controls these deposits?

Needless to say, if we burn even a small fraction of these reserves, the climate is toast. Badly burnt toast.
Let. It. Go.

It's all bullcrap.

Originally posted by IMCC965:

Let. It. Go.

It's all bullcrap.
CNN is having a show on Sunday night about disappearing glaciers. I doubt you'll have the courage to watch.

Originally posted by lucas80:

Let. It. Go.

It's all bullcrap.
CNN is having a show on Sunday night about disappearing glaciers. I doubt you'll have the courage to watch.
10,000-13,000 years ago Northwest Iowa was covered with a glacier a mile think. Glaciers started to disappear thousands of years before mankind had any input. This news only to alarmists like you..The goal of all the climate alarmists to give more money and power to the central government not to save the planet

Originally posted by aflachawk:

Let. It. Go.

It's all bullcrap.
10,000-13,000 years ago Northwest Iowa was covered with a glacier a mile think. Glaciers started to disappear thousands of years before mankind had any input. This news only to alarmists like you..The goal of all the climate alarmists to give more money and power to the central government not to save the planet
You 2 are dangerously insane.

Five years from now it will be interesting to watch you guys claim to have been warning us about global warming.

Originally posted by What W...us Do?:

Needless to say, if we burn even a small fraction of these reserves, the climate is toast.  Badly burnt toast.
Let. It. Go.

It's all bullcrap.
10,000-13,000 years ago Northwest Iowa was covered with a glacier a mile think.  Glaciers started to disappear thousands of years before mankind had any input.  This news only to alarmists like you..The goal of all the climate alarmists to give more money and power to the central government not to save the planet
You 2 are dangerously insane. 

Five years from now it will be interesting to watch you guys claim to have been warning us about global warming.
So is Aflac wrong? About the glacial part anyway. Why have glaciers been disappearing for thousands of years but all of a sudden humans are the cause?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Side note-

Say what you want about China but their government does seem to have a plan for long term continuation of the country. On the other hand the US government seems to mostly be focused on the now and the future be damned.

Needless to say, if we burn even a small fraction of these reserves, the climate is toast.  Badly burnt toast.
Let. It. Go.

It's all bullcrap.

I won't watch, I'll be too afraid and hiding under my bed.

Originally posted by SWIowahawks:

So is Aflac wrong? About the glacial part anyway. Why have glaciers been disappearing for thousands of years but all of a sudden humans are the cause?
I'd suspect that CNN show would answer this for you, but Game of Thrones is about to start so F the glaciers, winter is coming.

Let. It. Go.

It's all bullcrap.
How many cars and coal fired power plants were there 13,000 years ago?

Let. It. Go.

It's all bullcrap.
How many cars and coal fired power plants were there 13,000 years ago?
I'm confused, are you trying to support aflac?

Originally posted by THE_DEVIL:
Side note-

Say what you want about China but their government does seem to have a plan for long term continuation of the country. On the other hand the US government seems to mostly be focused on the now and the future be damned.
And by the next century (most likely a lot less than that), they'll be in the same boat as the rest of the world. They're just catching up.

Don't be surprised they wind up repeating Japan's moves when it was an empire. China needs resources. And will conquer any country to get them, for they have a whole lot of mouths to feed.

Originally posted by SWIowahawks:
Originally posted by What W...us Do?:

Needless to say, if we burn even a small fraction of these reserves, the climate is toast. Badly burnt toast.
Let. It. Go.

It's all bullcrap.
CNN is having a show on Sunday night about disappearing glaciers. I doubt you'll have the courage to watch.Â
10,000-13,000 years ago Northwest Iowa was covered with a glacier a mile think.  Glaciers started to disappear thousands of years before mankind had any input.  This news only to alarmists like you..The goal of all the climate alarmists to give more money and power to the central government not to save the planet
You 2 are dangerously insane.Â

No one is denying there are climate cycles or factors other than man that effect climate change.

Pointing out that there were glaciers back then and extrapolating that therefore science is wrong about climate change today is sort of like saying we don't need to investigate or put out that obvious case of arson because there was fire before mankind came along.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT