ADVERTISEMENT

China eyes trillions in Afghanistan minerals

LuciousBDragon

HR Heisman
Gold Member
Aug 31, 2017
The American Southwest
Bold prediction….China whips out their 21st century playbook and offers to build infrastructure in Afghanistan for the new Taliban government in exchange for mineral rights they need to keep their machine running. We have seen this before. Taliban becomes a Chinese proxy. China can comfortably do business with the Taliban as they have similar thoughts on human rights and let’s be honest, who is going to stop them? Eventually, the Taliban will become subservient to the Chinese as they could not fight them off and they know that. China does not need an invasion, just precious metals but their sphere of influence will grow tremendously in the Middle East (along with much of central Africa).

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/8/24/as-us-exits-afghanistan-china-eyes-1-trillion-in-minerals

goaty1.jpg

Reactions: hawksurprize
The OBOR will now connect to the Persian Gulf as Iran will be received as a full member of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) next month. Afghanistan will get observer status eventually to the SCO, as Russia still declares the Taliban as a terrorist org. Pakistan is on the hip of China and will run pipes to Gwadar. Iran runs Iraq and Syria. Iran will receive anti-carrier missiles from China that nullifies our strength in the Gulf. China will have smooth sailing to Europe once the Comprehensive Agreement on Investment (CAI) is inked in short order by European Parliaments. How will the double-dealing Erdogan come down? He knows the significance of Turkey's geography.

Who rules East Europe commands the Heartland.
Who rules the Heartland commands the World Island.
Who rules the World Island controls the world.
-Halford Mackinder/ father of geopolitics and geostrategy

Tell your kids to learn Mandarin.

This is what Erik Prince was trying to facilitate in the area, using the US military as his "security goons".

If China wants to bear the cost of bringing those minerals onto the global market, all the better.
Yes, yes they will.
As I have posted before, will China provide a moderating influence (As scummy as they are), and will the Taliban moderate this time in order to prove that they can rule? The Afghan government we propped up for decades depended largely on aid. The Taliban will attempt to govern by taxation, a nod and wink to opium producers, and some development. China has proven that they will enter into agreements at a loss if it meets their overall goals.

Yes, yes they will.
As I have posted before, will China provide a moderating influence (As scummy as they are), and will the Taliban moderate this time in order to prove that they can rule? The Afghan government we propped up for decades depended largely on aid. The Taliban will attempt to govern by taxation, a nod and wink to opium producers, and some development. China has proven that they will enter into agreements at a loss if it meets their overall goals.

Chinese are gonna be a little touchy on the whole "opium" thing....

China would have to provide the workforce. I don’t think you’re getting any 9-5 natives. If the Afghan mineral reserves are real I see this scenario as very possible.

If there were truly “trillions” legitimate mineral rights there, we would be there still.
Oh, I think those minerals are there.

They are just not easy to get to, and you'll have to deal with multiple regional warlords to get it out of the ground.

This was, again, I believe Erik Prince's plan early on in the Trump admin, to use the US military as the "security force" to accomplish it.

China and the Taliban are like water and oil they don't mix China probably would want to get in Afghanistan I doubt the Taliban is in their picture

• Haha
Reactions: skydog0784
China and the Taliban are like water and oil they don't mix
Yep.

They want nothing to do with radical religious groups.
They'll either steer clear, or they'll use things like nerve gas and poisons to kill every one of them.

And killing Sunnis indiscriminately might get you on Iran's Christmas List, but it'll create some serious long-term issues elsewhere.

Really? Those who live there say you are full of shit.

"Our secretary of State signed a surrender agreement with the Taliban," Trump national security adviser H.R. McMaster said of Pompeo on a podcast with Bari Weiss. "This collapse goes back to the capitulation agreement of 2020. The Taliban didn't defeat us. We defeated ourselves."

A potential 2024 contender, former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley, also took what gave the appearance of being a subtle swipe at Pompeo, tweeting that negotiating with the Taliban is “like dealing with the devil.” But when asked on CBS News’ “Face the Nation” about his role in drafting the withdrawal, Haley revised her comments.

“There are times when you have to negotiate with the devil, but you negotiate with the devil from a point of strength,” Haley said. “You don't do it from a point of weakness. We literally have no leverage right now with the Taliban.”

Others suggested that former Trump officials, Pompeo chief among them, wouldn’t have to defend the drawdown itself but would have to answer for why the U.S. agreed to the Taliban demands last year that 5,000 prisoners be released ahead of any peace talks.

Reactions: TheCainer
Actually, handing Afghanistan to the Taliban happened under Trump, too!!!!
You're being selective with your history for dismissing Carter and Zbig. Abdul Ghani Baradar was trained by the US to fight against Soviet forces, was captured by the CIA in Pakistan after turning on Washington. He was deemed a terrorist and sent to languish in Guantanamo Bay. He was released in 2018. Three years later, guess where he sits?

The goal for Zbig was to draw the Soviets into a quagmire at their underbelly, their Vietnam, thereby leaving their western flank vulnerable.

You're being selective with your history for dismissing Carter and Zbig

I was referring to Trump here. Complain about past strategies if you want, but handing that region back to the guys who supported 9/11 terrorists is a little different ballgame at this point.

Russia will now be able to run the North-South Corridor to India through the 'stans' unmolested. China will bring electrification and highways to Afghanistan.

I was referring to Trump here. Complain about past strategies if you want, but handing that region back to the guys who supported 9/11 terrorists is a little different ballgame at this point.
That would be the Saudis and they continued being the Pentagon's largest customer. The Afghanis offered up OBL IF Bush would furnish evidence proving his guilt. NONE was supplied. We were going in regardless.

"Our secretary of State signed a surrender agreement with the Taliban," Trump national security adviser H.R. McMaster said of Pompeo on a podcast with Bari Weiss. "This collapse goes back to the capitulation agreement of 2020. The Taliban didn't defeat us. We defeated ourselves."

A potential 2024 contender, former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley, also took what gave the appearance of being a subtle swipe at Pompeo, tweeting that negotiating with the Taliban is “like dealing with the devil.” But when asked on CBS News’ “Face the Nation” about his role in drafting the withdrawal, Haley revised her comments.

“There are times when you have to negotiate with the devil, but you negotiate with the devil from a point of strength,” Haley said. “You don't do it from a point of weakness. We literally have no leverage right now with the Taliban.”

Others suggested that former Trump officials, Pompeo chief among them, wouldn’t have to defend the drawdown itself but would have to answer for why the U.S. agreed to the Taliban demands last year that 5,000 prisoners be released ahead of any peace talks.
I've wondered this myself.

Art of the deal, I guess?

This is complete revisionist bullshit.
And yet you offered no evidence either. Your rebuttal is bullshit.

“When Osama bin Laden became an issue for the Americans, he was in Afghanistan. Although there was no proof he was involved, now we have given promises that Afghan soil won’t be used against anyone,” Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid told NBC News on Wednesday.
Pressed by his interviewer on whether he really believed that bin Laden wasn’t involved in 9/11, Mujahid said that “there is no evidence” to support this.

“Even after 20 years of war, we have no proof he was involved. There was no justification for this war. It was an excuse for war,” he stressed.

And this from CIA veteran, Phil Giraldi:
I would add to that the hubris of the “Mission Accomplished” banner on the tower of an aircraft carrier as Bush, wearing a flight suit, inaccurately announced victory and an end of combat in Afghanistan, presumably so he could focus on his new war in Iraq. As the Taliban had not attacked or threatened America, had no means of doing so, and were even willing to turn over “their guest” Osama bin Laden to US justice after the bombing of the USS Cole in late 2000, they were hardly a formidable foe. The Bush Administration refused the offer to surrender bin Laden on four occasions before 9/11 and once more five days after the attack because it wanted a war. Given all of that backstory, what Bush and his posse of Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice, Wolfowitz, Tenet, Feith, Powell and Libby did was indisputably a war crime. And they followed up with fake intelligence to justify a second war against Saddam Hussein, who had also sought to avoid war by offering to go into voluntary exile.

And this from CIA veteran, Phil Giraldi:
I would add to that the hubris of the “Mission Accomplished” banner on the tower of an aircraft carrier as Bush, wearing a flight suit, inaccurately announced victory and an end of combat in Afghanistan, presumably so he could focus on his new war in Iraq.

Ummm…

May 1, 2003 - standing directly under a "Mission Accomplished" banner, President George W. Bush declares, "In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed."

• Haha
Reactions: Joes Place
Ummm…

May 1, 2003 - standing directly under a "Mission Accomplished" banner, President George W. Bush declares, "In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed."
I know.

Moreover, watch the movie, Official Secrets, to learn of Tony Blair's involvement and how they tried to imprison Katherine Gun.

The true story of a British whistleblower who leaked information to the press about an illegal NSA spy operation designed to push the UN Security Council into sanctioning the 2003 invasion of Iraq.
IMDb
https://www.officialsecretsfilm.co.uk/

I know.

Moreover, watch the movie, Official Secrets, to learn of Tony Blair's involvement and how they tried to imprison Katherine Gun.

The true story of a British whistleblower who leaked information to the press about an illegal NSA spy operation designed to push the UN Security Council into sanctioning the 2003 invasion of Iraq.
IMDb
https://www.officialsecretsfilm.co.uk/
Be that as it may, the ‘Mission Accomplished’ speech was about Iraq, not Afghanistan. It certainly wasn’t a ‘pivot’ from Afghanistan to Iraq.
Your source sounds confused on that aspect.

Be that as it may, the ‘Mission Accomplished’ speech was about Iraq, not Afghanistan. It certainly wasn’t a ‘pivot’ from Afghanistan to Iraq.
Your source sounds confused on that aspect.
His "sources" sound pretty confused on most topics.

Complaining there was "no evidence" bin Laden coordinated 9/11 is one of the biggest whoppers yet.

ADVERTISEMENT