ADVERTISEMENT

China Warns US of "Forceful Measures" if Nancy Pelosi Visits Taiwan

Didn't Taiwan welcome her with open arms? I am sure that they knew what the repercussions could be and would have told Pelosi not to come if they didn't want her there. So far, it is a lot of show from China but no effects. China had to do something to somewhat save face. I will be surprised if there is anything else they do.

If you're wondering why that matters, they need the sand to fabricate computer chips...

You don’t understand the hierarchy of the relationship. US calls the shots….
I understand completely. You are suggesting that Taiwan asked the US not to make the visit and the US did anyway. Let's see some evidence of that.

Oh no, we are in deep trouble. LOL. Bins, you are really going out of your way to find opinions that are crtical of the visit and now these actions taken by China. Are you supportive of her visit or not?

Reactions: RileyHawk
So they halted talks that they never really planned on making any impactful changes in. Not sure if I would consider that forceful measure.

Oh no, we are in deep trouble. LOL. Bins, you are really going out of your way to find opinions that are crtical of the visit and now these actions taken by China. Are you supportive of her visit or not?
I've said in this very thread that I supported her visit. Can't let China dictate to us....

I just post relevant articles....take them as you will.

China letting us have a good look at their capabilities…

Am I wrong to conclude that you’re trying to make a point with this constant doom and gloom, here comes China posting? In this thread you’ve gone from “She HAS to go now,” to updating us every time Xi frowns when he thinks of the US. Methinks had Pelosi not gone, you’d be inundating us with wingnut opinion pieces on why the Biden administration looks weak, but now that she has gone, it’s a constant stream of “we’re all gonna die.”

Interesting.

Am I wrong to conclude that you’re trying to make a point with this constant doom and gloom, here comes China posting? In this thread you’ve gone from “She HAS to go now,” to updating us every time Xi frowns when he thinks of the US. Methinks had Pelosi not gone, you’d be inundating us with wingnut opinion pieces on why the Biden administration looks weak, but now that she has gone, it’s a constant stream of “we’re all gonna die.”

Interesting.
Not my intent...

I think the situation garners attention and I post articles that I think are relevant.

I supported the visit....still support the visit. That said...the visit has ramifications. So far the Chinese response has mostly been bluster. I do think they're giving the US a good look at their capabilities which I find interesting...

Not my intent...

I think the situation garners attention and I post articles that I think are relevant.

I supported the visit....still support the visit. That said...the visit has ramifications. So far the Chinese response has mostly been bluster. I do think they're giving the US a good look at their capabilities which I find interesting...
Would you just make this easier on everyone and get yourself into a proper pigeon hole!
Go Team [#color]!

Lol - you clearly implied that Taiwan had no power to tell Pelosi not to come and that the US was forcing this visit on them. That's bullshit.
No....I think agreeing to the visit was a foregone conclusion. Taiwan is in a constant battle to be recognized as a independent nation/entity....they're not about to say no to a visit from Pelosi in that context. They welcome any recognition of their legitimacy.

I just don't think saying no was even considered by Taiwan as a possibility.

No....I think agreeing to the visit was a foregone conclusion. Taiwan is in a constant battle to be recognized as a independent nation/entity....they're not about to say no to a visit from Pelosi in that context. They welcome any recognition of their legitimacy.

I just don't think saying no was even considered by Taiwan as a possibility.
Because they wanted her to visit. You continue to suggest they didn't want her to come but had no choice. That's bullshit.

Because they wanted her to visit. You continue to suggest they didn't want her to come but had no choice. That's bullshit.
Ummm....I just said they agreed to the visit because they seek recognition of their legitimacy.

How is that saying "they didn't want her to visit"?

If you can quote any post of mine that says I think they didn't want her to visit....quote it...if not STFU.

Ummm....I just said they agreed to the visit because they seek recognition of their legitimacy.

How is that saying "they didn't want her to visit"?

If you can quote any post of mine that says I think they didn't want her to visit....quote it...if not STFU.
GFY

Didn't Taiwan welcome her with open arms? I am sure that they knew what the repercussions could be and would have told Pelosi not to come if they didn't want her there. So far, it is a lot of show from China but no effects. China had to do something to somewhat save face. I will be surprised if there is anything else they do.

What were they supposed to do…tell her not to come? They rely on the US for weapons and support v China.

WTF? You asked if Taiwan was supposed to tell her not to come - the answer is YES if they didn't want her to come. They did. They welcomed her. This isn't the US or Nancy Pelosi forcing themselves on Taiwan. That suggestion is absurd.

You don’t understand the hierarchy of the relationship. US calls the shots….

• Haha
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
ADVERTISEMENT