ADVERTISEMENT

China Warns US of "Forceful Measures" if Nancy Pelosi Visits Taiwan

Taiwan is probably screwed in the long run. China just has too much pull economically....

Reactions: Finance85
Taiwan is probably screwed in the long run. China just has too much pull economically....

Yup. These military exercises aren't going to be the end of this, either. We won't see the results for another month or two.

some news articles on google news are claiming (with no details however) that china is blockading taiwan. is this true or just innacurate wording?

some news articles on google news are claiming (with no details however) that china is blockading taiwan. is this true or just innacurate wording?
Would you send container ships or passenger aircraft to Taiwan right now?

both. if they are interfered with, there will be steps to take.
They aren't directly interfering. They don't have to. They are lobbing missiles all around. There's nothing anyone can do, or will do, about that.

Maybe a blockade is China's plan to provoke a direct conflict (or just show strength in reponse to Pelosi's visit).

Last edited:
I can understand China not wanting Taiwan being a staging ground for another country as has happened to them in their history with Japan using the island as an "unsinkable battleship", but this guy contradicts himself. On one hand he says that countries have used it as a staging ground to attack China then the next thing he says is this is a war the USA cannot win. So which is it? Seems we could invade and defeat China by using it as a staging ground just like Japan did almost 100 years ago. Which is exactly why China is so concerned that no country be able to use Taiwan as a base of invasion.

I mean, we got kinda pissed about the Soviets putting missiles in Cuba giving them first strike capability, and rightfully so.

I can understand China not wanting Taiwan being a staging ground for another country as has happened to them in their history with Japan using the island as an "unsinkable battleship", but this guy contradicts himself. On one hand he says that countries have used it as a staging ground to attack China then the next thing he says is this is a war the USA cannot win. So which is it? Seems we could invade and defeat China by using it as a staging ground just like Japan did almost 100 years ago. Which is exactly why China is so concerned that no country be able to use Taiwan as a base of invasion.

I mean, we got kinda pissed about the Soviets putting missiles in Cuba giving them first strike capability, and rightfully so.
Pointing out the hypocrisy of US foreign policy is ‘whataboutism’.

That isn’t an answer or justification for the criticism, just a word invoked as a way to evade it.

Pretty interesting panel talking about the Taiwan situation on CSPAN right now if interested. I love these CSPAN discussions 😂

ADVERTISEMENT