ADVERTISEMENT

Chis has been wrong about everything...

Intimidating voters at the polls.

WTF

Just watch the violence this November.

Effing Republicans.
In Michigan they are focusing on very heavy black areas. Yeah...again, these people aren't racist at all. The more I read, the more disgusted I got. This continues to be based on The Big Lie, which Trump knew was a lie, based on testimony of people who were in his inner circle.

The damage that man has done to this country continues to be incredible. Full on Republican assault to attack something that wasn't a thing, and now once again, they are trying to figure out how to steal an election. It was never the Democrats. This is the fascist right.

The core theory that Chis holds is that republicans are scum and a threat to democracy. I really can't argue that.
Neither can I. I keep telling people to prove him wrong and none of them can. It's an assault on American Democracy in plain sight, yet our board Republicans would rather believe a grifter conman or at best, put their heads in the sand.

In Michigan they are focusing on very heavy black areas. Yeah...again, these people aren't racist at all. The more I read, the more disgusted I got. This continues to be based on The Big Lie, which Trump knew was a lie, based on testimony of people who were in his inner circle.

The damage that man has done to this country continues to be incredible. Full on Republican assault to attack something that wasn't a thing, and now once again, they are trying to figure out how to steal an election. It was never the Democrats. This is the fascist right.
The results of the Kansas abortion vote last nite signals the Dems have a fighting chance of maintaining the House and adding to the Senate.

Abortion looks like a "hot button" issue the GOP wasn't expecting.

Also could indicate voter turnout could be bigger than most midterms.

It's an exact repeat of ~a century ago....

The results of the Kansas abortion vote last nite signals the Dems have a fighting chance of maintaining the House and adding to the Senate.

Abortion looks like a "hot button" issue the GOP wasn't expecting.

Also could indicate voter turnout could be bigger than most midterms.
Democrats need to push this issue constantly and also show plenty of clips of Cruz and Toomey fistbumping after voting against health care for sick vets.

native-dance.gif

• Haha
Reactions: BrunoMars420
Neither can I. I keep telling people to prove him wrong and none of them can. It's an assault on American Democracy in plain sight, yet our board Republicans would rather believe a grifter conman or at best, put their heads in the sand.
Their heads are not in the sand. They are stuffed somewhere.
Some have their heads in the sand or shoved up their ass but many simply have heads filled with disgusting, outdated beliefs like whites are the superior race, women are second class citizens, and gays/trans are a blight on society. They would like to get as many people to join them as possible and are willing and ready to fight for those beliefs. They have found a voice in Trumpism

Some have their heads in the sand or shoved up their ass but many simply have heads filled with disgusting, outdated beliefs like whites are the superior race, women are second class citizens, and gays/trans are a blight on society. They would like to get as many people to join them as possible and are willing and ready to fight for those beliefs. They have found a voice in Trumpism
Yep, and the rest of us, and at least the next generation, are going to pay for what’s being allowed to happen by these people in the next 3 years.

Reactions: Chishawk1425
For years I would chastise people for comparing Trump or MAGAs for being Nazis. I’d tell them the only people you can compare to the Nazis are Stalin, Pol Pot, Idi Amin…
Now I think it’s fair to say this Trump core is pretty much the 1933 ish Nazis. Let’s not give them the chance to go any further.

For years I would chastise people for comparing Trump or MAGAs for being Nazis. I’d tell them the only people you can compare to the Nazis are Stalin, Pol Pot, Idi Amin…
Now I think it’s fair to say this Trump core is pretty much the 1933 ish Nazis. Let’s not give them the chance to go any further.
When I see people supporting the movement holding Nazi flags, and not being condemned by the DeSantis and Trumps, I’ll just assume they’re totally okay with it. All of them.

They are Nazis 2.0. Everything is centered around white nationalism. Their only playbook is trying to control women's bodies and to blame minorities.

Sigh. No.

It's basically tribalism run amok with a populist verve. The "democrats must be defeated" is their guiding sentiment, and not much else. There isn't even any significant ideology here -- it's just war against the dems.

Blame the republican establishment and republican establishment media over the last 40 years for allowing this to brew. Blame social media and Donald Trump for pushing it over the top.

I think the arguments presented in "how democracies die" are more apt in explaining this problem than anything else I've run into.

They aren't animated by white nationalism, nor are they any more interested in "controlling women's bodies" than they ever have been. Less so, if anything, as the population of white evangelicals continues to decline. (These before mentioned elements exist within the party, but less so than historically existed)

Something like Roe V Wade was always going to happen as soon as republicans got a super majority in the courts -- and it was happenstance that it happened to occur now.

Quite frankly, I think too many democrats on this board have their heads completely up their asses when comes to understanding what they're seeing. They're prone to stupid dramatics and hyperbole.

Chis has gone completely tribal and gets no credit for discerning between junk arguments and information and good argument and information.

• Haha
Reactions: unsubstantiated
Sigh. No.

It's basically tribalism run amok with a populist verve. The "democrats must be defeated" is their guiding sentiment, and not much else. There isn't even any significant ideology here -- it's just war against the dems.

Blame the republican establishment and republican establishment media over the last 40 years for allowing this to brew. Blame social media and Donald Trump for pushing it over the top.

I think the arguments presented in "how democracies die" are more apt in explaining this problem than anything else I've run into.

They aren't animated by white nationalism, nor are they any more interested in "controlling women's bodies" than they ever have been. Less so, if anything, as the population of white evangelicals continues to decline. (These before mentioned elements exist within the party, but less so than historically existed)

Something like Roe V Wade was always going to happen as soon as republicans got a super majority in the courts -- and it was happenstance that it happened to occur now.

Quite frankly, I think too many democrats on this board have their heads completely up their asses when comes to understanding what they're seeing. They're prone to stupid dramatics and hyperbole.

Chis has gone completely tribal and gets no credit for discerning between junk arguments and information and good argument and information.
This Is Fine GIF

Sigh. No.

Wow. Don’t tell us we have heads up our asses when you thought very deeply and came up with this multi-paragraph load of opinionated drivel, completely ignoring what’s being said by MAGA leadership, their media voices, and their supporters.

Thanks for reminding me that the German people stood by while the Nazis took over.

Wow. Don’t tell us we have heads up our asses when you thought very deeply and came up with this multi-paragraph load of opinionated drivel, completely ignoring what’s being said by MAGA leadership, their media voices, and their supporters.

Thanks for reminding me that the German people stood by while the Nazis took over.
You've been off the deep end on this for a while.

Hate to have called that one and my:

MAGA is Taliban
Taliban is MAGA

Gets stronger by the day.

Interesting article/strategy, and I can see where reading it with red or blue glasses on really clouds your view.

However for years, after losing, the loser has claimed some sort of election fraud (see hillary, see trump), yet nobody wants to get together and address the reasons people don't have confidence in the system.

This part of the article says a lot as to what the motivation is on the part of the GOP, and equally highlights the concerns of the dems, in that any partisan group working the polls is likely to do so with bias:
-----
Just 170 of more than 5,400 Detroit election officials were Republicans in 2020, according to the RNC.

“Democrats have had a monopoly on poll watching for 40 years, and it speaks volumes that they’re terrified of an even playing field,” said RNC spokesperson Gates McGavick. “The RNC is focused on training volunteers to take part in the election process because polling shows that American voters want bipartisan poll-watching to ensure transparency and security at the ballot box.”
In the introduction graphic on his training presentation, Seifried says the RNC’s goal is to “make it easy to vote and HARD TO CHEAT.”
-----

Best case is this effort has no impact and we learn that in fact having 97% dems working the polls actually produces the same result as if it's only, say...80%.

Otherwise we learn there's something to this imbalance, and maybe Ds and Rs will want to hammer out a way to protect the integrity of elections so the losing side can be confident in the result, even if they don't like it.

I appreciated the part of the article where the dem

• Haha
Reactions: unsubstantiated
I didn't say there wasn't a problem. Yes, Nazis 2.0 is quite hyperbolic. Tell your dem cohorts to clean up their arguments.
They are fascists. Quit denying that. If you don't believe me, look at the legislation DeSantis has passed in Florida. That is coming soon, to a country you live in if they get control. And either you are going to have to join the red hats, or eventually they will come for you too.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT