ADVERTISEMENT

Chittum

What were Chittum and/or you doing in Iowa? It’s not exactly a go-to winter vacation destination.

Man... Shooting late season pheasants and ice fishing would be about the only activities besides Iowa wrestling to make me want to vacation in Iowa... lol

I came for the humidity and stayed for the mosquitos! (Says no one on Trip Advisor.)

Fellers and former Gopher Sean Russell were in his corner. Russell and Chittum have that southeast connection. Chittum trained for the week with the Gopher Wrestling Club.

A little off topic but his name was mentioned in this thread but DJ Hamiti is at my alma mater and is the best wrestler to come through in 20+ years or at least since my former teammate who wound up at Purdue. Dude is ridiculous. Never really followed his recruitment and know he is going to Wisconsin....but did we recruit him at all?

Not that we didn't know it, but what an animal. Really hope he's a Hawk.

A little off topic but his name was mentioned in this thread but DJ Hamiti is at my alma mater and is the best wrestler to come through in 20+ years or at least since my former teammate who wound up at Purdue. Dude is ridiculous. Never really followed his recruitment and know he is going to Wisconsin....but did we recruit him at all?
He's really talented and funky and I don't believe Iowa recruited him .Are you talking about Vercelli 2 time AA at Purdue?

Reactions: kkhawk
He's really talented and funky and I don't believe Iowa recruited him .Are you talking about Vercelli 2 time AA at Purdue?
Interesting. Did we just not have room at his weight?

Yep. Jake was awesome. Even better person.

anyone know the latest on chittum? he was at ohio state visiting last week apparently. is iowa back in the mix?

Reactions: el dub
Right?

We used to shoot birds on the way to Okoboji and then icefish for a day or two before turning around and hunting our way back to Seldom. Breakfast at the Red Rooster.
What years? Might have passed you doing the same thing. Can't remember where the Red Rooster Cafe even was, but I remember good breakfasts.

Reactions: Mike Zierath
What years? Might have passed you doing the same thing. Can't remember where the Red Rooster Cafe even was, but I remember good breakfasts.
Lol They gave me my first gun (BB) to take on those early expeditions when I was about five in 1967.

The Red Rooster was right past the bridge dividing east from west lake on the west side of the Hwy. We usually set up our shacks right off that point on west.

Reactions: Trapper85
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT