ADVERTISEMENT

Chittum

Rumor is Tegan Jamison was putting in on Chittum in practice room and that is why he started doubting his decision. Think Jamison beat him in Vegas.
Well a less than 100% and rusty Rathjen beat Jamison at the last chance open in Ames at the end of the season. Jamison is very good in freestyle. Much less credentialed in folk.

Reactions: el dub
I would never tweet or comment at recruits personally….. but come on man….. he’s not a child….. if he is he shouldn’t have a twitter or instagram account probably 😂
True, Chittum is like 20 already right? He’s no kid.

True, Chittum is like 20 already right? He’s no kid.
at my age everyone is a kid 😂 I don’t know how old the young man is….. I’m just saying he’s not a child

I’m not a huge “social media” fan but it’s the world we live in and he grew up in and I’m guessing he can handle a few fans trying to coax him to their team

If you want to get me riled up lets talk about the assholes that go after athletes on social media personally about their performance …. that’s where it gets really bad….. Ferentz’s motive when he didn’t allow his athletes on twitter wasn’t all wrong in that regard

187 and Gobblin, what is the point of contention here? Not poking fun at all. Just starting to get lost in all the posts. You are both saying Chittum is looking at Iowa. Gobblin is saying he didn't reclassify. 187 is saying he did. 187 is saying Brands f'd up the first time around. I don't believe Gobblin is saying he didn't, but just asking how he did. 187 explained how. Did I miss something else? If not the only point of contention is if he reclassified, or not, correct?

187 and Gobblin, what is the point of contention here? Not poking fun at all. Just starting to get lost in all the posts. You are both saying Chittum is looking at Iowa. Gobblin is saying he didn't reclassify. 187 is saying he did. 187 is saying Brands f'd up the first time around. I don't believe Gobblin is saying he didn't, but just asking how he did. 187 explained how. Did I miss something else? If not the only point of contention is if he reclassified, or not, correct?
I’m wondering the same…. I’ve been waiting on him to tell me how I’m “talking out my ass.”

I doubt we hear much more from him again, but either way I don’t care what he thinks he knows. I’m just excited to get Cody to IC!

Wait, did you post a 5 month old article from friggin’ Yahoo Sports like it is somehow a mic drop situation? Not exactly crack investigative journalism there. C’ mom dude, you’re embarrassing yourself.

Can someone provide a brief overview of the opportunity?

1. Confirm he's graduated and will be eligible this fall--not class of 2023?
2. Confirm he committed to MN, then backed out? And now--which schools on the radar?
3. How do we handicap Iowa's chances? Would you say...1 in 100? More like 1 in a million?
4. What is the vision for his career at Iowa? Start immediately at 149 and bump Murin to 157? Start at 157? Redshirt followed by 4 NCAA titles?
5. Any other backstory to be aware of?

Thanks in advance. No snark here--just out of touch on a lot of details and want to know whether I should start getting excited.

2. Confirm he committed to MN, then backed out? And now--which schools on the radar?
3. How do we handicap Iowa's chances? Would you say...1 in 100? More like 1 in a million?
4. What is the vision for his career at Iowa? Start immediately at 149 and bump Murin to 157? Start at 157? Redshirt followed by 4 NCAA titles?

Thanks in advance. No snark here--just out of touch on a lot of details and want to know whether I should start getting excited.
You remind me of me in college. Just pick the smartest kid in the room and sit next to him. .....and also my boss asking me for information he can find for himself. I'm assuming you don't have any employees here though. This is wrestling. Pretty easy to find most, if not all of this that isn't opinion out for yourself. 😉

• Sad
Reactions: ping72
You remind me of me in college. Just pick the smartest kid in the room and sit next to him. .....and also my boss asking me for information he can find for himself. I'm assuming you don't have any employees here though. This is wrestling. Pretty easy to find most, if not all of this that isn't opinion out for yourself. 😉
In other words, don’t come around a website dedicated to Hawkeye wrestling to get your Iowa wrestling related answers. Lol

Like, getting on a plane and tracking down people to interview might be better?

I thought Tarp was doing just as you recommended. Asking for information from people in the know, no?

JFC 🙄 He literally just asked everything I wanted to know too

1. 2022/2023 is still undecided. May change depending on where he lands.
2. Committed to Minny, backing out now. Took visits to Ohio st and Iowa. Apparently Nebraska, Okie st and ASU are making late pushes. Top 5 schools: IOWA, tOSU, ASU, OSU, Nebby.
3. I like Iowa's chances; 83/17
4. 149 to start his career. Could see him growing into 157 JR/SR years. I really like his potential. I'd project him as a 4X AA, title contender year in year out.
5. Chittum was coached by Dan Dennis when Dennis was at the Chattanooga RTC. I believe he has won "Who's # 1" at least once if not twice. That Jordan Williams from Oklahoma who always has good matches with Garvin and Riggins, Chittum wrestled him on a Flo card and absolutely destroyed him 11-0.

In other words, don’t come around a website dedicated to Hawkeye wrestling to get your Iowa wrestling related answers. Lol

Like, getting on a plane and tracking down people to interview might be better?

I thought Tarp was doing just as you recommended. Asking for information from people in the know, no?
ED, why didn't you answer the plethora of questions instead of poking fun of me then?

Sorry, I literally felt like I was back in school with the power point of questions that were all pretty basic and easy to find even within this thread.

Do you know me? Are you also a 1984 poster? I rarely post here, so don't know where I've explained that I come here for answers? I typically go to 1984 because this board spirals out of control quickly, so you literally get lost in all the posts.

Honestly, I'm even confusing myself with my number of posts in this thread.

Reactions: GoHawks1996
ED, why didn't you answer the plethora of questions instead of poking fun of me then?

Sorry, I literally felt like I was back in school with the power point of questions that were all pretty basic and easy to find even within this thread.

Do you know me? Are you also a 1984 poster? I rarely post here, so don't know where I've explained that I come here for answers? I typically go to 1984 because this board spirals out of control quickly, so you literally get lost in all the posts.

Honestly, I'm even confusing myself with my number of posts in this thread.
What in the hell are you babbling on about, dazed and confused mon?

Apparently a few of us wanted to know the same info as Tarp ax-ted. And you come around acting like dude axed a question about Iowa wrestling on a knitting forum?

What gives?

1. 2022/2023 is still undecided. May change depending on where he lands.
2. Committed to Minny, backing out now. Took visits to Ohio st and Iowa. Apparently Nebraska, Okie st and ASU are making late pushes. Top 5 schools: IOWA, tOSU, ASU, OSU, Nebby.
3. I like Iowa's chances; 83/17
4. 149 to start his career. Could see him growing into 157 JR/SR years. I really like his potential. I'd project him as a 4X AA, title contender year in year out.
5. Chittum was coached by Dan Dennis when Dennis was at the Chattanooga RTC. I believe he has won "Who's # 1" at least once if not twice. That Jordan Williams from Oklahoma who always has good matches with Garvin and Riggins, Chittum wrestled him on a Flo card and absolutely destroyed him 11-0.
He hasn’t taken down any of his Minnesota stuff off social media, and both him and boom ranch were posting graphics of him in Minnesota apparel in the last couple weeks. He was up here for a solid week training right before he took his visit to tOSU. I do think ultimately he’s going to end up elsewhere, but I think they still have a chance.

Reactions: TarpHawk and el dub
He hasn’t taken down any of his Minnesota stuff off social media, and both him and boom ranch were posting graphics of him in Minnesota apparel in the last couple weeks. He was up here for a solid week training right before he took his visit to tOSU. I do think ultimately he’s going to end up elsewhere, but I think they still have a chance.
On twitter there is zero Minnesota stuff …

On twitter there is zero Minnesota stuff …
Right, but there never was. It’s all on Instagram which is still all there. He tweeted about gopher things often, but never any pictures/bio. Again, it’s just social media and doesn’t mean much ultimately, but noteworthy imo.
More noteworthy to me is that he’s still spending time in Minnesota. I just don’t think they’re out of the picture yet.

so a Go Fund Me will be starting to raise some NIL money aka " F&#* State Scholarship " and we watch the tally board click along like old Jerry Lewis Telethon days ??? Geez lets just get the kid his $$ and get him in early like Kolby and Gabe and lets get this TNT Train rolling !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He would be a huge get for the Hawks. If he goes to Iowa and wrestles this next season, the team just got better. Lot of ifs, but I'll take it. Nobody gave *%n State much of a chance at this time last year. Things change, transfers and injuries happen. Iowa is building a roster to give them a punchers chance in the near future and that is great imo.

Again, as we all know, he couldn’t possibly change his mind and move here and train for a year and enroll in the fall of ‘23…. That’d just be talking out of my ass.
He is a graduated junior and plans to be wrestling in January wherever he ends up. So you saying he didn’t graduate is talking out of your ass.

Reactions: hlstone
ADVERTISEMENT