ADVERTISEMENT

Chittum

187 seems to be the most knowledgeable person on here on this subject. Any insight as to what BFosr1/247tOSU is saying, 187?
I would be worried about John Smith. Cody was born in Michigan so family is close. The family stayed there while Shane moved around for his career. Then settled in Tennessee

This whole saga has to really be a kick in the nuts for Gopher fans.

Ya hate to see it.
giphy.gif

Well my guess, and I’m just spitballing here, is that her formerly fuzzy little banana grundle now resembles that of what I mentioned earlier. Although I did hear there are surgeries for that so who knows?
I was under the impression that child birth was the main cause of the condition mentioned in your post.

Reactions: Mike Zierath
They guy on the Ohio State board just doubled down and said Chittum is between Ohio State and Virginia Tech.

Since I have been on this board waaaaay longer than I’ve seen enough from this poster credibility wise, I’m gonna have to believe Ohio State is running 3rd like the previous poster on this site just alluded.

One thing I’ve noticed on here is very seldom do people with inside info on here just make stuff up. You guys are more right than you are wrong that’s for sure .

The only thing I know about this poster on The Ohio State board is he obviously has some connect within the team with the specific team oriented details he has given in the past, and he called Chittum’s visit and the date it would occur a month before anyone even knew Chittum was looking around from his Minnesota pledge.

From my knowledge, however, he doesn’t have any sort of connection towards the Chittum family, at least that I know of, which if that were the case, that would make me buy what he’s saying way more.

Regardless….. I think everyone is in the agreement we should be hearing something here from Chittum by the end of the month.

They guy on the Ohio State board just doubled down and said Chittum is between Ohio State and Virginia Tech.

Since I have been on this board waaaaay longer than I’ve seen enough from this poster credibility wise, I’m gonna have to believe Ohio State is running 3rd like the previous poster on this site just alluded.

One thing I’ve noticed on here is very seldom do people with inside info on here just make stuff up. You guys are more right than you are wrong that’s for sure .

The only thing I know about this poster on The Ohio State board is he obviously has some connect within the team with the specific team oriented details he has given in the past, and he called Chittum’s visit and the date it would occur a month before anyone even knew Chittum was looking around from his Minnesota pledge.

From my knowledge, however, he doesn’t have any sort of connection towards the Chittum family, at least that I know of, which if that were the case, that would make me buy what he’s saying way more.

Regardless….. I think everyone is in the agreement we should be hearing something here from Chittum by the end of the month.
Not seeing the double down on their board. I even went to Ohiowrestling.net and again didn’t see the double down.

I’ve never heard anything on Virginia Tech and not sure he enjoyed his time on the east coast.

Reactions: TarpHawk
I think the poster is referring to Brands’ tendency to give the recruit respect and the space and time to think about what is best for them - instead of pressuring them to sign, giving them tons of attention, constantly telling them how great they are, telling them if they visit somewhere else that he will pull the offer, etc. (ie treating them like an adult instead of a primadonna self centered HS kid). In some cases, that is perceived as non interest - and some superstar HS kids need the adoration and attention. It sounds like that may have cost us a few recruits over the year.
Here’s the rub on the above… if a coach isn’t able to pay enough attention to keep a top incoming recruit in the fold, that’s on the coach, for the most part.

If a coach doesn’t change the amount of contact given to a top recruit based on what that top recruit needs to stay comfortable with the program, that’s also on the coaching staff, for the most part.

Sure, there are exceptions. But that old line, “just giving them their space to train,” can only be used so many times before one has to question if a college coach showing too much attention to a future star recruit really is a thing, in general.

Last edited:
A hate it but read the Arch Manning recruiting article. The HS coach said the QB coach from Texas was there so much he basically turned the lights on in the weight room for morning workouts. Whether that is feeling comfortable or petting an ego, that and NIL will win over 16-17yr olds,

I truly respect Brands wanting to treat them like men and not be a car salesmen and I’d appreciate that with my son, but many just want to be told how great they are and love to feel overly wanted. Likes and follows have changed what people think their worth is unfortunately.

Here’s the rub on the above… if a coach isn’t able to pay enough attention to keep a top incoming recruit in the fond, that’s on the coach, for the most part.

If a coach doesn’t change the amount of contact given to a top recruit based on what that top recruit needs to stay comfortable with the program, that’s also on the coaching staff, for the most part.

Sure, there are exceptions. But that old line, “just giving them their space to train,” can only be used so many times before on has to question if a future college coach showing too much attention to a future star recruit really is a thing, in general.

There is weekly communication, at a minimum, with recruits that are already signed. I am guessing that they are paying attention.

This just reminds me of an interview with Spencer lee when he was leaving for a big event and all Brands said as he left was “Spencer Lee” , good stuff. Or terry texting cejudo just Champ at night.

Here’s the rub on the above… if a coach isn’t able to pay enough attention to keep a top incoming recruit in the fond, that’s on the coach, for the most part.

Sure, there are exceptions. But that old line, “just giving them their space to train,” can only be used so many times before on has to question if a future college coach showing too much attention to a future star recruit really is a thing, in general.
No one recruit is bigger than the program. You can disagree and say the program needs to change their approach. In that case you probably need a new staff. This staff is not going to coddle kids.

No one recruit is bigger than the program. You can disagree and say the program needs to change their approach. In that case you probably need a new staff. This staff is not going to coddle kids.
I'm sure the coaches don't train and coach the kids in the room the same way, they need to adapt their recruiting approach the same way. Our recruiting has got to continue to improve if we want to win titles.

Reactions: drunkengoat
Bullshite. You’re making excuses. And that excuse doesn’t fly, in general. Coddle kids?

So, Gilman needed coddling when he was a recruit? Cause we almost lost him before he made it to campus. He felt ignored, apparent and a similar excuse was used. But that’s not what I heard from our posters in the know.

This is dumb if true. Play the game, win championships. I personally think the Brands biggest issue is that they don't do enough to combat misconceptions about them.

This is dumb if true. Play the game, win championships. I personally think the Brands biggest issue is that they don't do enough to combat misconceptions about them.
That’s one of the things I like the most about them. They hear fake news and don’t feel the need to dignify it. Nearly every Iowa recruit I’ve heard interviewed praises the Brands for how deeply they care about their athletes. That speaks volumes to their character.

ADVERTISEMENT