ADVERTISEMENT

Chobani yogurt company sues right-wing radio host Alex Jones

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Greek yogurt giant Chobani filed a lawsuit Monday against right-wing radio host Alex Jones, accusing the conspiracy theorist of publishing false information about the company.

Chobani says that Jones and his InfoWars website posted fabricated stories earlier this month that linked Chobani owner Hamdi Ulukaya and the company to a sexual assault case involving refugee children. The company filed the lawsuit in Idaho District Court in Twin Falls, where it operates the largest yogurt plant in the world.

"(Jones) is no stranger to spurious statements. He has claimed that the U.S. government orchestrated the 9/11 attacks and the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut," Chobani's attorneys wrote. "Mr. Jones has now taken aim at Chobani and the Twin Falls community."

The complaint says InfoWars released a video on April 11 describing Chobani's practice of hiring refugees and a sexual assault case that did not involve the yogurt company.

During the video, an Info Wars reporter republished statements that claimed the Chobani plant brought crime and tuberculosis since it opened the plant five years ago while also pointing out previous reports of its willingness to hire refugees in Twin Falls.

Twin Falls is one of the two cities in Idaho with a refugee resettlement center.

The video was promoted using the headline "Idaho Yogurt Maker Caught Important Migrant Rapists," even though the lawsuit points out that InfoWars didn't mention or prove that statement in the report. The story was tweeted out by Jones and other outlets.

InfoWars didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

The report was critical of Ulukaya's support of hiring refugees while reporters then reacted to a separate issue involving three Twin Falls refugee boys who admitted to charges involved in the assault of a 5-year-old girl at an apartment complex.

The 2016 assault sparked months of turmoil in Twin Falls after the story about the incident was spun by far-right blogs and anti-immigration groups into accounts that exaggerated and falsified many of the details.

"The defendants defamatory statements were designed to cause — and did in fact cause — customers to call for a boycott of Chobani's products," the lawsuit stated.

Chobani's attorneys say Jones has ignored requests to remove the inaccurate coverage. It's seeking at least $10,000 in damages.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-chobani-yogurt-company-sues-alex-jones-20170425-story.html

Still not a Chobani yogurt fan.

You see a flavor you want, and it doesn't come in 2% milkfat or whole milk. I avoid anything 0% fat; too bland and nothing to balance off all the sugar.

EDIT: Plus, they are missing a few 'zeros' in their settlement amounts.
Libel and slander that cost you brand recognition are things that need $1M or more in restorative costs....

Jones sounds like somebody you would want to check with for the news. :rolleyes:

"(Jones) is no stranger to spurious statements. He has claimed that the U.S. government orchestrated the 9/11 attacks and the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut," Chobani's attorneys wrote. "Mr. Jones has now taken aim at Chobani and the Twin Falls community."
alex never once said "the government " did it, he said the new world order globalist off shore bankers did it

This yogurt guy brings in immigrants, two or three immigrants have sex with a little girl. Alex talks about it on the radio. Where is the suit here?

Without these immigrants these businesses are not open. I manage a small mfg company in the Midwest and without our 40% Asian work force we'd be out of business.

The white kids are worthless - even the halfway decent ones are entitled. Somehow showing up to work on time, every day, for say, oh, I don't know, an entire week has become too high of a bar. The unemployment rate in alot of Midwestern areas is so low that the only ones not working are unemployable. The immigrants fill that void left by this crap generation.

Alex Jones needs to walk to the edge of a high building and then keep walking. I hope more people as start suing this idiot into oblivion.

Without these immigrants these businesses are not open. I manage a small mfg company in the Midwest and without our 40% Asian work force we'd be out of business.

The white kids are worthless - even the halfway decent ones are entitled. Somehow showing up to work on time, every day, for say, oh, I don't know, an entire week has become too high of a bar. The unemployment rate in alot of Midwestern areas is so low that the only ones not working are unemployable. The immigrants fill that void left by this crap generation.

Alex Jones needs to walk to the edge of a high building and then keep walking. I hope more people as start suing this idiot into oblivion.
he said the truth which is : some immigrants assaulted a little girl.

alex never said he was in the news business, never said he was a journalist

it's like you calling "married with children" tv show, fake news

This I can get on board with. Alex Jones/Info Wars is essentially Married with Children when compared to real news.

Reactions: lucas80
This I can get on board with. Alex Jones/Info Wars is essentially Married with Children when compared to real news.
that right because he isn't news . he is a tv/radio show

he said what mainstream news was reporting here, and gets sued

he comments on mainstream news reports for a living

alex never said he was in the news business, never said he was a journalist

it's like you calling "married with children" tv show, fake news
Alex has never said he's joking around until he had to testify under oath.
Alex has had a really bad two weeks.

The news isn't on the tv or radio?

I would say Alex Jones is very similar to Married with Children in that both are completely made up. On the other hand the news is, you know, news.

people are trying to spread false crap about him? yes, he knows

tUGsETh.gif

Reactions: naturalmwa
Jones sounds like somebody you would want to check with for the news. :rolleyes:

He's OiT's "go to" source for all things conspiratal.
If he's good enough for OiT.....doesn't that say something?

he said what mainstream news was reporting here, and gets sued

he comments on mainstream news reports for a living

You're really comparing him to MwC? MwC is a comedy that no one believes is real. You on the other hand believe Alex Jones and use him as your source for many of your crazy thoughts. I'm not sure I've every seen a post where someone was arguing a point and referenced MwC.

You're really comparing him to MwC? MwC is a comedy that no one believes is real. You on the other hand believe Alex Jones and use him as your source for many of your crazy thoughts. I'm not sure I've every seen a post where someone was arguing a point and referenced MwC.
i have never said i believe him 100 percent and never used him.as a source, only as entertaining illustration

He is a show like married with children or american pickers or jessie ventura conspiracy theory, yes. He is a show, only people on hrot say oit buys in 100 percent, only you guys assign my true thoughts and feelings, i.have never on here assigned them 100 percent, and you cannot find a link where i have

Alex has never said he's joking around until he had to testify under oath.
Alex has had a really bad two weeks.
he didn't say he was joking around, he said he is a radio personality, for entertainment. Sometimes funny, sometimes sad, sometimes serious, sometimes satire. What is ironic is we fans of his know it's a show and entertainment, however, there are millions.of americans who believe msnbc and cnn, and think it is real news, while it is fake.

ADVERTISEMENT