ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Kingsbury kids

mtdew_fever

HR Heisman
Jul 14, 2004
As many already know, former Hawk Chris Kingsbury is now a banker in Nebraska. His two sons star for a small class school that appears to be really good.

Any idea if his sons are DI talent?

Reactions: dean_oliver222
I hope they are. I hope they are Hawks. I hope I can wear my #14 jersey again. My all time favorite Hawk.

He is the reason why I haven't lost a game of HORSE to a student in 10 years...Chris Kingsbury taught me the importance of learning how to shoot a 30 footer before mastering a layup.

-------It was too bad Kingsbury was unable to keep his emotion in check.

Bull S....that is what Iowa needs....players with an edge!!! Give me a bunch of Kingsbury's and Jacob Jaack's any day of the week. Why do people always want "our boys" to don crew cuts, and wear Chuck Taylor's???
I never liked 1/3 of the shots that CK took and I never will. I had no problem with Jacob's game.

Bull S....that is what Iowa needs....players with an edge!!! Give me a bunch of Kingsbury's and Jacob Jaack's any day of the week. Why do people always want "our boys" to don crew cuts, and wear Chuck Taylor's???
Didn’t like either one. Ck was vastly overrated. Jaacks was an ass. Overly emotional and smart rarely go hand in hand.

Kingsbury would shoot it from deep deep, I can’t hate on him thou.. who was the last McDonald’s All American to play for Iowa besides him??? If Jbo was 6’5 we’d be seeing another Kingsbury because he’d be able to get his shoot off better.. By the way I’d take Kent Mccuasland over Kingsbury thou.. if he shot it as much as Chris did he’d have every three point record at Iowa right now.

Last edited:
Didn’t like either one. Ck was vastly overrated. Jaacks was an ass. Overly emotional and smart rarely go hand in hand.

Completely disagree regarding Kingsbury. He is likely the best passer to not play PG at Iowa, had a post up game, could rebound and had the most effortless shot from anywhere. His issue was discipline on and off the court.

Kingsbury would shoot it from deep deep, I can’t hate on him thou.. who was the last McDonald’s All American to play for Iowa besides him??? If Jbo was 6’5 we’d be seeing another Kingsbury because he’d be able to get his shoot off better.. By the way I’d take Kent Mccuasland over Kingsbury thou.. if he shot it as much as Chris did he’d have every three point record at Iowa right now.

I get mccausland was a feel good story his senior year and shot for a very high percentage, but to take him over kingsbury is ludicrous, night and day difference in talent.

Luke Recker was a McD’s AA. As for Kingsbury, I am with the person who said previously that he was my favorite player growing up. He used to shoot from the tunnel on his way into the locker room after warm ups. The thing about his long bombs is he was so strong that he didn’t have to alter his shot at all. He shot 30 footers with the same motion as a free throw.

I get mccausland was a feel good story his senior year and shot for a very high percentage, but to take him over kingsbury is ludicrous, night and day difference in talent.

Ok, I got a tad Waterloo overboard.. Kingsbury was 6’5 and strong too. Not only could he shoot but he could take contact and get to the basket.. but that brings me back to the days when Iowa had guards that could penetrate and kick.. how many times did we see Woolridge drive, draw help then kick the ball out to wide open shooters.. the same thing that happens to us now Iowa used to do that to opposing defenses.. PS I still think if Kent shot more he’d be the best 3 point shooter at Iowa..

Luke Recker was a McD’s AA. As for Kingsbury, I am with the person who said previously that he was my favorite player growing up. He used to shoot from the tunnel on his way into the locker room after warm ups. The thing about his long bombs is he was so strong that he didn’t have to alter his shot at all. He shot 30 footers with the same motion as a free throw.
Ok, who was the last Hawkeye that was a McDonald’s All American that picked Iowa right out of high school.. I was young then but didn’t Luke Transfer from Indiana or Arizona??

Yep, Luke Recker played 2 years for Indiana. Then went to Arizona for a brief time where he got into a car accident...then transferred to Iowa.

Sam Okey was also a McDonald's AA, but came after playing at Wisconsin.

Here is a McDonald's AA article.

http://www.thegazette.com/2014/02/12/mcdonalds-all-americans-dont-feed-iowa-isu

Ok, who was the last Hawkeye that was a McDonald’s All American that picked Iowa right out of high school.. I was young then but didn’t Luke Transfer from Indiana or Arizona??

Reactions: dean_oliver222
Completely disagree regarding Kingsbury. He is likely the best passer to not play PG at Iowa, had a post up game, could rebound and had the most effortless shot from anywhere. His issue was discipline on and off the court.
Yeah. He had other skills than just 3pt shooting. Bad judgement.

Reactions: Uihawks111
How much is it worth that Mac played within the offense, and Kingsbury might shoot anywhere past half court if his teammates were ready or not? How do you quantify the damage to the team offense in games where your gunner is off, and won't stop firing those blanks? Just saying, when the guys on as some of the old videos show he was ridiculous, and when he wasn't he was ridiculous as well........

That is a coaching issue more so than a player issue.

I still maintain that if they could have been able to find a way to have Kingsbury to keep his emotions in check he could have been an All-Big 10 player.

Chris was a character, and made some amazing deep shots, but with the passing of time people forget some of the games he shot Iowa OUT of. Kid had NO conscience, which depending on the game could be good or bad. :eek:

Kingsburys effectiveness grows over time, I get it. His shooting %’s weren’t as good as some of you think they are.
Career 35% from 3. 30% his last season.
Career 40% from 2.
I remember him killing momentum with dumb fouls, Technical’s, or poor shot selection.

• Love
Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Career 1.6 assists. Isaiah moss averaged 1.9 last season. Great passer??

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
BIG issues they were.

Career 1.6 assists. Isaiah moss averaged 1.9 last season. Great passer??

I’m surprised his assists per game was so low, but I’ll stand by my statement. While looking up his stats came across and article on kingsbury I had never seen, written in 2015, Jess settles mentioned kingsbury was one of the best passers he ever played with, fwiw.

Youngest son is the better of the two. 6'4" shooter. He could have a shot at D1 but not sure if he's good enough to be in a major conference.

Mcsuasland was the classic example of how an unathletic shooter can have a nice role if you have other players to compliment them.

But when thats all you have its not pretty.

I’m surprised his assists per game was so low, but I’ll stand by my statement. While looking up his stats came across and article on kingsbury I had never seen, written in 2015, Jess settles mentioned kingsbury was one of the best passers he ever played with, fwiw.
I remember him being a crafty passer as well. The stats wont show it because he shot it more times than he passed it. lol.

Yes we need more alcoholics...lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT