ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Street memento

IamHawkeye

HR Legend
Oct 1, 2001
Preparatory to moving, was going through stuff (some of which I didn't remember I had) and found two Indianola Record-Herald special editions about his death. Four pages with lots of pics, one of his Jr. Hi team. . They were free. I'm wondering if anyone would like them, if so, I would send them for the price of postage,. .

Reactions: Ree4
So no one bit? I'm okay with that. I'm uncovering more Hawkeye stuff like the Iowa Sports Desk issues (sort of a forerunner to Voice of the Hawkeyes, which I have, also). Have some media guides, too. etc.etc.
Not sure I like your reply, however. Sarcasm? If so, have you every watched the BTN showings of fan collections? Some people collect anything connected with their team. So I thought....but they being free I offered the Street papers free.
Peace.

I will take whatever you have of Chris Street. I just received an autographed Chris Street card for my birthday in July and am a huge Street fan. I have the local newspaper clippings from when he passed back in 1993.

So no one bit? I'm okay with that. I'm uncovering more Hawkeye stuff like the Iowa Sports Desk issues (sort of a forerunner to Voice of the Hawkeyes, which I have, also). Have some media guides, too. etc.etc.
Not sure I like your reply, however. Sarcasm? If so, have you every watched the BTN showings of fan collections? Some people collect anything connected with their team. So I thought....but they being free I offered the Street papers free.
Peace.
I would love those papers about Chris Street if you still have them.

I will take whatever you have of Chris Street. I just received an autographed Chris Street card for my birthday in July and am a huge Street fan. I have the local newspaper clippings from when he passed back in 1993.
One for each then, since I have two? So how will we go about this?

Awesome. Not real tech savvy, is there an IM option on this board, or do you want my email address to let me know the shipping costs?

Awesome. Not real tech savvy, is there an IM option on this board, or do you want my email address to let me know the shipping costs?

Click on the little envelope in the upper RH corner of the page, select start a new conversation, then add the name of the poster you want to contact.

Chris Street Story: Was at a gas station in Oklahoma last week, wearing my Hawkeye shirt. Black man, about 40-50, missing couple front teeth, had a veterans bumper sticker on his car. He saw my shirt, said something in reference to the Hawkeyes, then mentioned former Hawkeye David Street killed in a car accident years ago....then mentioned he was a veteran, just spent $300 on a starter for his car, and wanted to know if I could help a veteran. I told him it was Chris Street and his eyes lit up. Said that I was right. I then gave him $20. Figured if he could recall Chris Street and was a veteran, he probably needed the money more than me.

My parents collected old news paper headlines for years and years. Clear back to the early 1900's. But because of age and illness not many articles on the first space ship flights. I would love to find some of these for the scrap books for my kids. Just asking if you have anything like this you might be finding.

There's been a death in the extended family so will be busy until prob. the weekend, then will try that box mentioned by another poster.

My parents collected old news paper headlines for years and years. Clear back to the early 1900's. But because of age and illness not many articles on the first space ship flights. I would love to find some of these for the scrap books for my kids. Just asking if you have anything like this you might be finding.

There's only one place I know of with newspaper articles like that... There's a hotel bar in Colorado :)

BU9LkOCCYAA1-Ms.jpg

Reactions: HotelAlphaWilcoKilo
Click on the little envelope in the upper RH corner of the page, select start a new conversation, then add the name of the poster you want to contact.[
Click on the little envelope in the upper RH corner of the page, select start a new conversation, then add the name of the poster you want to contact.
It doesn't seem to have the option "start a new conversation." yeah, I'm bad at tech stuff. Anyway, I'm ready to get the addresses to send the Street papers. Hope for help to do that.

It doesn't seem to have the option "start a new conversation." Yeah, I'm technically challenged. Need help, since I'm ready to send the Street papers.

To start a new conversation I believe you have to be a paying member. But you can respond to a paying member.

Which is a lot like dating sites. Come to think of it this place is a lot like a dating site. Hope for something good, likely to get something else.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
To start a new conversation I believe you have to be a paying member. But you can respond to a paying member.

Which is a lot like dating sites. Come to think of it this place is a lot like a dating site. Hope for something good, likely to get something else.

You doing anything Friday night?

I am ready to send the Street paper if we can figure out how I can get your address. Found out how minimal the postage is so I will just send it with bothering for reoy,. Just want someone to have it rather than tossing it.

I'm ready to send the Street paper (without asking for postage as it is minimal) if we can figure out I can get your address). Just want someone to have it who would want it, rather than it going into recycling.

ADVERTISEMENT