ADVERTISEMENT

Christian Kirksey - I Say No Honorary Captain Status

So I hear he took a knee for the national anthem. I appreciate everything he did in an Iowa uniform, but these aren't Iowa values. I say we don't invite him back to be an honorary captain until he gives up this crap. Thoughts?
Absolutely correct. Its rediculous to consider that the American flag hanging in Iowa's indoor facility probably offends some snowflakes.

Last edited:
So I hear he took a knee for the national anthem. I appreciate everything he did in an Iowa uniform, but these aren't Iowa values. I say we don't invite him back to be an honorary captain until he gives up this crap. Thoughts?
196243431d6d0779a1ef0b206f39cde2--picture-comments-funny-memes.jpg

I wish the media would just stop covering this. I think sports should be sports, stop interjecting political and social statements into sports. if they want to be an activist then use your fame to support your cause outside your place of work.

Remember when Paul Finebaum came out against BLM and then the next day changed his mind?

I wonder how long it took Saban to call him and remind him that the whole system revolves around their ability to recruit young black men.

Like I said, Christian did good things at Iowa. We don't want this non-sense around our program though which is why I say no honorary captain status even if it means forever.

With that said, I have faith that Kirk would not tolerate this crap from current players. If they were to do it, I say bench them and possibly revoke their scholarship.

Reactions: pahawk1
I graduated from Iowa and I am sure Kirk will stay clear of him as a captain for a while now
This. CK could be an all pro for 5 straight years and a Super Bowl MVP, but Kirk won't bring him in. Politics and controversy are not his thing.
He is the boss. That's fine. I'll rip him for timid play calling, but not for this.

Reactions: dgordo
So, Are you trumpkin going to boycott Iowa football now that Christian somehow offended you? Even though what he and the other did had nothing to do to offend you.

Kirk kept playing Pedo U and shrugged his shoulders when his players were raping girls. It's clear where his values are.

Absolutely correct. Its rediculous to consider that the American flag hanging in Iowa's indoor facility probably offends some snowflakes.
It's also quite ridiculous how bad some people are at spelling common words.

With that said, I have no problem with what he did. He's a grown man, he can do what he wants. From reading the threads about this topic, it appears the same people that have issues with the BLM group because of how violent they are, also have issues with the African Americans that peacefully protest. And the majority of them also appear to be Trump supporters. Kinda weird to me.

ADVERTISEMENT