ADVERTISEMENT

Christian Shariah laws are taking hold...

Actually sharia law is significantly more liberal on abortion rights than what these Christian fascists have tried to impose on the supermajority that believes in women’s rights and freedom of choice.

Women under the Taliban in Afghanistan right now have more abortion rights than women in half the states of the United States.

Last edited:
Actually sharia law is significantly more liberal on abortion rights than what these Christian fascists have tried to impose on the supermajority that believes in women’s rights and freedom of choice.

Women under the Taliban in Afghanistan right now have more abortion rights than women in half the states of the United States.

So Democrat abortion policy aligns with Sharia law…🤣

Seems like a new Matt Gaetz commercial in the making right there.

Someone posts something (no link to article) and everyone freaks. So then I have to go find the facts…

“The judges found that the services the couple sought would not have been state-funded, saying the scope of Holston’s contract with the state is for services for children “in the custody of the State of Tennessee.”

Now, back to fact-free outrage…

Last edited:
Reactions: ICHerky
Someone posts something (no link to article) and everyone freaks. So then I have to go find the facts…

“The judges found that the services the couple sought would not have been state-funded, saying the scope of Holston’s contract with the state is for services for children “in the custody of the State of Tennessee.”

Now, back to fact-free outrage…

Which is what I'd posted for you.

That WAS NOT the reason the agency denied them access. The Court MADE THAT UP for them. The agency EXPLICITLY denied access due to their religious faith. FULL STOP.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Which is what I'd posted for you.

That WAS NOT the reason the agency denied them access. The Court MADE THAT UP for them. The agency EXPLICITLY denied access due to their religious faith. FULL STOP.

But isn’t the court’s LEGAL reasoning sound: That it is not illegal to discriminate on the basis of religion with private funds? It is okay to have a finding for a different reason than the plaintiffs posted, right?

(Side note: I do not accept this oft-used argument about “monies being separate”. Money is fungible. If an org can use public money for this, then it frees private money for other (possibly nefarious) uses. So I think the court-created reason for its finding is improper. But, the court did NOT say “You’re Jews, so no PUBLIC money for you”)

But isn’t the court’s LEGAL reasoning sound:
No.

The Court allowed the religious reasoning by the Christian agency to stand.
They STILL put (essentially) "No Jews" on their doors.

If I'm on that couple's legal team, I dig around and identify where a Christian couple who did exactly the same thing (other state "excuse") WAS served, because I'd bet that has happened there and the state did not care.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT