ADVERTISEMENT

Chuck Grassley injures hip, will undergo surgery

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Could be the beginning of the end for Chuck:

Iowa Republican U.S. Sen. Chuck Grassley, who was elected in November to his eighth term in the Senate, injured his hip and will undergo surgery, his office announced Tuesday night.

“He is otherwise in good spirits and is expected to make a full recovery,” his office said in a statement.

His office did not explain how the 89-year-old senator injured his hip or describe the nature of the surgery.

Advertisement

Grassley was sworn into the new term Jan. 3, becoming the longest-serving member of the U.S. Senate. He appeared Monday at the opening day of the 2023 session of the Iowa Legislature, where his grandson is speaker of the Iowa House.

When he announced his run for re-election, Grassley did so with a Twitter video highlighting his daily 4 a.m., 2-mile run.

Iowa Republican U.S. Sen. Chuck Grassley, who was elected in November to his eighth term in the Senate, injured his hip and will undergo surgery, his office announced Tuesday night.

“He is otherwise in good spirits and is expected to make a full recovery,” his office said in a statement.

His office did not explain how the 89-year-old senator injured his hip or describe the nature of the surgery.

Advertisement

Grassley was sworn into the new term Jan. 3, becoming the longest-serving member of the U.S. Senate. He appeared Monday at the opening day of the 2023 session of the Iowa Legislature, where his grandson is speaker of the Iowa House.

When he announced his run for re-election, Grassley did so with a Twitter video highlighting his daily 4 a.m., 2-mile run.

Prediction: 3 years from now, he will accuse the facility of violating the false claims act with respect to coverage of his procedure. He will also remind you that he was a lead author of the 1986 amendments to the false claims act.

Advertisement

Who's going to pay for that?

Oh, wait...

Reactions: lucas80
A broken hip used to be a death sentence for someone his age. Even though I disagree with Chuck on most things I hope he has a speedy recovery.
My mom (no pics) broke her hip about a year ago. Replaced her hip and she was out of the hospital in a few days and has had no issues since. Modern medicine has come a long ways

Reactions: mattymoknows
A broken hip used to be a death sentence for someone his age. Even though I disagree with Chuck on most things I hope he has a speedy recovery.
It has improved a ton. I will say at least in my personal experience this can portend the arrival of the age of falls and limited mobility.

I disagree with him on nearly everything, but personally I hope he has a quick and full recovery.

But overall, good work Iowa….this is what we get when we elect people to leadership positions at the age of 80-90 years old…though I think the general voting consensus was a calculated political move to allow our gov to appoint a replacement…which is terribly sad.

My mom (no pics) broke her hip about a year ago. Replaced her hip and she was out of the hospital in a few days and has had no issues since. Modern medicine has come a long ways
A few days? That's old school. Many hip replacements these days are (astonishingly) done as outpatient procedures.

• Wow
Reactions: GOHOX69
This could be great news.

Dim Kim goes to DC and her successor is cleaning up her mess for three years and Iowans finally put a new Party into Terrace Hill.

Orthopods are awesome these days. I've met Chuckles many times and although he ain't my cup of tea, I don't wish ill on others, unlike some on this forum. That's just sad and lame. Best wishes Chuckles.
Agree. A lot of class on display in this thread. Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery as he is someone’s Father, husband, brother, grandfather, uncle, and friend.

We should all be so lucky to have the health and ability to do the things he is doing at his age. I wish all of you good health and happiness regardless of your political leanings or attitudes toward other people. Life is too short to hate as much as some of you do.

Agree. A lot of class on display in this thread. Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery as he is someone’s Father, husband, brother, grandfather, uncle, and friend.

We should all be so lucky to have the health and ability to do the things he is doing at his age. I wish all of you good health and happiness regardless of your political leanings or attitudes toward other people. Life is too short to hate as much as some of you do.
Exactly. He should be doing normal 89 year old things like playing with his grandkids and great grandkids. Not making laws.

If you want to see class you should the Diamond and Silk thread.

I remember that.
She was back on her back in just a few days.

walker.gif

If you want to see class you should the Diamond and Silk thread.
I read some of it. Really sad how people act, feel, and react about someone they don’t even know that has differing political leanings. I’d never wish that hate or ill will because I don’t agree or should say disagree with them. RIP to her. Someone lost a mother, sister, daughter, aunt, grandmother (?), and friend.

Reactions: abby97
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT