ADVERTISEMENT

Chuck Long coaching again

his nickname at OU was Chuck "3rd and" Long. If he can't succeed with OU talent why would he succeed here? Yes, he's an iowa legend but not a good coach.

Oklahoma's record when Long was offensive coordinator was 67-11.

2002 38.6 points/game

2003 42.9 points/game

2004 34.8 points/game

Yeah, he really sucked at Oklahoma. Good grief.

Oklahoma's record when Long was offensive coordinator was 67-11.

2002 38.6 points/game

2003 42.9 points/game

2004 34.8 points/game

Yeah, he really sucked at Oklahoma. Good grief.
To be fair he was never THE OC at Oklahoma. He was PGC under Mangino and Co-OC ( passing ) with Kevin Wilson. He was OC at Kansas under Gill.

Rumor had it that Chuck Long was lazy as a coach. I don't know where I heard that, but I heard that after he was fired as Head Coach of San Diego State after going 9-27 in his three years. So, no, don't put me down as someone who would be excited if he were to coach Iowa. ;)

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Rumor had it that Chuck Long was lazy as a coach. I don't know where I heard that, but I heard that after he was fired as Head Coach of San Diego State after going 9-27 in his three years. So, no, don't put me down as someone who would be excited if he were to coach Iowa. ;)

I wouldn't say lazy... perhaps not as dedicated? He had a houseful of young ones at home that he really hate being away from.

Reactions: scotthawk1964
I wouldn't say lazy... perhaps not as dedicated? He had a houseful of young ones at home that he really hate being away from.
Him and guys like Bob Stoops talked about that all the time. Saving time for family. Bob hated working under Snyder..a guy that put in 16 hr days and expected his staff to do the same. He worked under Spurierr (sp) who had short days for him and his coaches. Bob kept that philosophy at Oklahoma.

Chuck Long has lived a balanced life between career
and family. He is not head coach material because
that is not his priority. He has enjoyed some time on
the BTN as a commentator because it is not a big
commitment of time. I have talked with Chuck and
he is a fun guy.

Reactions: mtdew_fever
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT