ADVERTISEMENT

Chuck Long Podcast with guest Kevin Kasper

TomKakert

Publisher, HawkeyeReport.com
Sep 16, 2001
Chuck and I were fortunate to have former Hawkeye Kevin Kasper on the podcast this week. Kevin was in town this past weekend with his family, including his son, four star WR Kyler Kasper. Kevin talks about the visit this weekend and the reception from the Iowa fans. He also talks about how Chuck got him to walk-on at Iowa and how that changed his life. Really good stuff.

Then Chuck and I look back at Iowa's win over Kent State, discuss the play of Spencer Petras, and look ahead to the Big Ten games this weekend.

Hope you enjoy it and thanks for listening.

This is by far, the best Podcast you and Chuck have done! It was very fun to listen to and inspirational. Kevin is extremely intense and a true Hawk. Kevin sure gives Chuck a lot of deserved praise. Kevin going from a walk-on to winning a Super Bowl ring is a great story. It is no secret where Kevin wants his son to go to school.

This is by far, the best Podcast you and Chuck have done! It was very fun to listen to and inspirational. Kevin is extremely intense and a true Hawk. Kevin sure gives Chuck a lot of deserved praise. Kevin going from a walk-on to winning a Super Bowl ring is a great story. It is no secret where Kevin wants his son to go to school.
Sounds like Kyler likes the Hawks too. Would be a huge get. Pretty much literally since he said Kyler is 6-5 1/2 wr....

I hope his son chooses Iowa but must admit I have yet to see him even smile in all the pics taken. Kevin is always happy when hes here. Maybe just personality differences.

the Chuck Long Podcast hasn't shown up in my podcast feed (Apple) yet. And last week took a couple days to hit

I hope his son chooses Iowa but must admit I have yet to see him even smile in all the pics taken. Kevin is always happy when hes here. Maybe just personality differences.
Some kids just don't like to smile when they take pictures. He might not end up picking us when it's all said and done, but he's not foreshadowing anything because he doesn't smile when he knows his picture is being taken.

E_p47VWWEAgzL4T

E_meOm_XsAAKA6Z

E3ZjH2FXoAAutFk

Chuck and I were fortunate to have former Hawkeye Kevin Kasper on the podcast this week. Kevin was in town this past weekend with his family, including his son, four star WR Kyler Kasper. Kevin talks about the visit this weekend and the reception from the Iowa fans. He also talks about how Chuck got him to walk-on at Iowa and how that changed his life. Really good stuff.

Then Chuck and I look back at Iowa's win over Kent State, discuss the play of Spencer Petras, and look ahead to the Big Ten games this weekend.

Hope you enjoy it and thanks for listening.

Holy cow is Kevin a big Hawkeye fan! Huge chip on his shoulder and used it to get the best out of himself!

Reactions: F5n5
the Chuck Long Podcast hasn't shown up in my podcast feed (Apple) yet. And last week took a couple days to hit
Kakert’s pods always take awhile to hit on Apple.

Just listen to it off this website, or the link off Tom’s Twitter feed. It’s not as convenient, but it works.

Reactions: JStandefer
I was kinda "out of the loop" and unable to follow Iowa and KK during his career, but what a Hawkeye!

Works his a$$ off to get a scholarship, gets one, and first thought is "I wanna go workout now" to justify their faith in me.

If I had a school age kid I'd have him/her listen to that podcast. So much other good stuff too.

BRAVISSIMO Tom

Reactions: F5n5
I haven’t heard this one yet, probably will tomorrow. Kasper is a great interview. I loved him on WUW a month or so ago. He was a great Hawk and I’d love to see his kid here.

Great podcast with Kevin Kasper. The guy bleeds black and gold.

I think it might ruin his dad if Kyler doesn’t pick Iowa. You can tell in his voice how bad he wants him to pick Iowa.

I found it interesting how honest he was with his hatred of Nebraska and Iowa State. And it's absolutely crazy how Loras college did not even want him and he turned into an eight-year NFL Pro and Super Bowl Champion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT