ADVERTISEMENT

Citizenfour

Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
"For me it all comes down to state power against the people's ability to meaningfully oppose that power. And I'm sitting there every day getting paid to design methods to amplify that state power. And I'm realizing that if the policy switches, that are the only thing that restrain these states, were changed, you couldn't meaningfully oppose these."
-- Snowden

"We've seen the chilling, the cooling, the changing of [the internet] toward something in which people self-police their own views. They literally make jokes about ending up 'on the list' if they donate to a political cause or if they say something in a discussion. It's become an expectation that we are being watched."
--Snowden

"I don't know who leaked this. I have no doubt the administration will launch an investigation NOT into who approved these programs but into who leaked the information."
--Jesselyn Radack, attorney for NSA whistleblower William Binney, answering a question on CNN about who might be leaking the NSA material (before Snowden came out).

Even though I believe the 2nd Amendment was put in place for several reasons, including the ability to make our government fear us, with the world under surveillance....no revolt could take place. We violate the privacy of our citizenry like it's normal to do so.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by What Would Jesus Do?:
"I don't know who leaked this. I have no doubt the administration will launch an investigation NOT into who approved these programs but into who leaked the information."
--Jesselyn Radack, attorney for NSA whistleblower William Binney, answering a question on CNN about who might be leaking the NSA material (before Snowden came out).
-Jesselyn Radack is an incredible human being and probably one the top ten patriotic americans of my lifetime

"Under the Espionage Act it's not a defense if the information that was disclosed should not have been withheld in the first place, that it was improperly classified.

"It's not a defense if the dissemination was in the public interest, that it led to reforms.

"Even if a court determines that the programs that were revealed were illegal or unconstitutional, that's still not a defense under the Espionage Act.

"The government doesn't have to defend the classification. It doesn't have to demonstrate harm from the release.

"All this is irrelevant."

--Ben Wizner, ACLU

ADVERTISEMENT