ADVERTISEMENT

CJ Beathard’s Uncle

CJ dad used to go off on Obama on this board. CJ promotes the confederate flag on his social media. Now his uncle shows his anti BLM. 🤔

That is considered "normal" down there. I was honestly stunned when CJ posted an article on Facebook supporting the Confederate flag. Frankly, I lost all respect for him. The ridiculous thing is I remember seeing it during the 2016 season. In hindsight, it makes me wonder if it wasn't part of the "cultural issues" some of the former Iowa players were talking about.

All Lives Matter is white supremacist code speak.

Yes, I'm sure white supremacists are not in favor of "BLM." I just interpreted the sign to be about promoting his religious faith. Do you believe the Beathards are actually white supremacists? I see them as more stereotypical, old-fashioned southerners who don't get it.

The thing about bigotry down there is it's usually not cloaked. Southerners are usually pretty good about being upfront about their racial prejudices. At least from my experience.

Reactions: cometrock
All Lives Matter is white supremacist code speak.
You left out part of his message. It’s all lives matter to Jesus. Not sure how that would be racist. And by the way the article reads someone else out a poster on his door that he didn’t like so he took it down and wrote that. Then he gets fired. What a wonderful world we live in.

Personally I’m not a big fan of magic words and phrases, but you have to be a 10 year old or a dumbass moron to not understand that “all lives matter” is a statement meant to signal allegiance with the side of the racists at this point.

Dressing it up with the trappings of faith is simply chickenshit, and a good example of how conservatives misuse religion as a shoehorn to squeeze their personal agendas into a prettier package. This undermines the credibility of religious communities.

EDIT: I am not calling anyone here a moron. I’m referring to someone who would use that phrase as an ostensibly thought-out and unprovoked stand alone statement of beliefs, especially at a workplace.

Last edited:
Personally I’m not a big fan of magic words and phrases, but you have to be a 10 year old or a dumbass moron to not understand that “all lives matter” is a statement meant to signal allegiance with the side of the racists at this point.

Dressing it up with the trappings of faith is simply chickenshit, and a good example of how conservatives misuse religion as a shoehorn to squeeze their personal agendas into a prettier package. This undermines the credibility of religious communities.

EDIT: I am not calling anyone here a moron. I’m referring to someone who would use that phrase as an ostensibly thought-out and unprovoked stand alone statement of beliefs, especially at a workplace.
You've watched too many episode of "Quantum Leap". All lives do matter. To say otherwise is truly racist.

You've watched too many episode of "Quantum Leap". All lives do matter. To say otherwise is truly racist.
Do we really have to do this again? Yes, all lives matter. But employing the phrase in this context exhibits either spite or ignorance.

If I went to a wedding and every time someone said “the bride looks beautiful” and I replied “actually, every person is beautiful” it would be spiteful or simply weird—either way it would show that I didn’t get it.

Do we really have to do this again? Yes, all lives matter. But employing the phrase in this context exhibits either spite or ignorance.

If I went to a wedding and every time someone said “the bride looks beautiful” and I replied “actually, every person is beautiful” it would be spiteful or simply weird—either way it would show that I didn’t get it.
Fine, but this isn't a specific event, this is general speak.

Reactions: EasyHawk
All Lives Matter sure the heck didn't matter for a great portion of our history but now All Lives Matter arises to take away from Black Lives Matter.
So because people don’t advertise All Lives Matter means they didn’t prescribe to it? Of course Black Lives Matter, however, people don’t like it rammed down their throats like it has been, basically ignoring that bad things happen to all people. We can’t just focus on one particular group because these things impact more than just black people. Fix the root causes and people of all backgrounds will be better off.

Reactions: hawkosx
So because people don’t advertise All Lives Matter means they didn’t prescribe to it? Of course Black Lives Matter, however, people don’t like it rammed down their throats like it has been, basically ignoring that bad things happen to all people. We can’t just focus on one particular group because these things impact more than just black people. Fix the root causes and people of all backgrounds will be better off.

I don’t want to speak for @THE_DEVIL but I think he meant that our country has not historically treated all people like their lives mattered. I would like to think that everyone could at least agree on that fact. We have a great country but we have destroyed/damaged a lot of people along the way.

You left out part of his message. It’s all lives matter to Jesus. Not sure how that would be racist. And by the way the article reads someone else out a poster on his door that he didn’t like so he took it down and wrote that. Then he gets fired. What a wonderful world we live in.

I agree with this. I think it's ridiculous for him to get fired over it.

I guess the sign was about as effective as CJ in the Rose Bowl.

Too soon.

I was so excited to watch that game. First Rose Bowl I could remember (I was 3 or 4 the last time). My son was born a week before so his first Hawk game was the Rose Bowl. And then the game happened. I looked at him at the end of the first quarter and said something to the extent of "yep... This is being an Iowa fan. We're not allowed to have nice things. Get used to getting kicked in the nuts".

If true why weren't we hearing about All Lives Matter before Black Lives Matter became a thing? What great things were the All Lives Matter proponents doing to address making the root of the problems to make "ALL" lives better? Secondly, if there is such a great All Lives Matter movement for All Lives it sure hasn't been communicated to All Lives otherwise there wouldn't be a Black Lives Matter.

If true why weren't we hearing about All Lives Matter before Black Lives Matter became a thing? What great things were the All Lives Matter proponents doing to address making the root of the problems to make "ALL" lives better? Secondly, if there is such a great All Lives Matter movement for All Lives it sure hasn't been communicated to All Lives otherwise there wouldn't be a Black Lives Matter.
Your username fits you well. Most people subscribe to the all lives matter in their daily lives. They don’t have to broadcast it for it to be seen. Only the vocal minority on either side want to be heard. People doing good things usually don’t go out looking for press, if so they’re searching for the wrong things.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
Your username fits you well. Most people subscribe to the all lives matter in their daily lives. They don’t have to broadcast it for it to be seen. Only the vocal minority on either side want to be heard. People doing good things usually don’t go out looking for press, if so they’re searching for the wrong things.
Are you then saying that because Black Lives Matter proponents are advocating for themselves they don't believe that ALL Lives Matter?

Are you then saying that because Black Lives Matter proponents are advocating for themselves they don't believe that ALL Lives Matter?
I don’t personally know them and haven’t asked so I can’t say either way. Unless they speak up and remove doubt on what their position is or remove doubt with their actions. But I would hazard a guess that there are some on either side, but most probably believe all lives matter, just the vocal minority overshadow them as the news loves it.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
That's an idiotic stance.

No, it’s 100% correct. Obviously some people are ignorant to that fact when they use it, but it was created to directly combat BLM.

It’s what white supremacy has become. Now that it’s (mostly) finally taboo in society it is relegated to code speak with plausible deniability. Of course we believe every life matters, but that’s not really what it means.

I’ve never understood the victim mentality that arises when somebody else is merely trying to become equal to you. If you get 6 chicken nuggets in a meal and they only get 5...how does that hurt you for them to also get 6? It doesn’t unless you feel you are inherently better and deserve more than them.

Can't say I'm surprised. I remember seeing this photo and almost throwing up because of it, metaphorically of course.

CZswUVYWEAE4NFP.jpg

All Lives Matter sure the heck didn't matter for a great portion of our history but now All Lives Matter arises to take away from Black Lives Matter.

Exactly. Either you support an overly aggressive, disorganized, racist, violent, hate filled movement that threatens elderly diners and espouses cop killing rhetoric on a daily basis...or you are then aligning yourself with racists. Other racists. Not the BLM ones. How hard is that for people to get?

Reactions: Slim45

So, saying 'black lives matter' is unnecessary and spiteful, since we know they do.

ADVERTISEMENT