ADVERTISEMENT

CJ Fredrick suffers broken leg

As much as it hurt to get stabbed in the back by him (pushed by his uncle I guess), it hurt to see him hurting at Iowa, and this hurts to see. He seems like a relentless hard worker and a truly good person, trying to live his dream since childhood.

All the best, CJ!

Always a Hawkeye and part of the family, even if now you’re also a Wildcat.

Reactions: Mitjacks
Broken ribs taking a charge from Cook? Easy to see how that happened. Sprained ankle? I get it. Plantar fasciitis? Happens to athletes all the time.

How the hell did he break his leg? I always thought that his injuries were flukes/isolated incidents, but the guy seems increasingly danger-prone, to the extent that I’m glad we’re going to have a healthy Perkins/Bohannon leading the charge at the two instead of a recovering Fredrick this year. JMO

Reactions: SDHawkDoc
With him leaving the way he did, I would take issue with this statement. I no longer consider him part of the Hawkeye family, but obviously, that's just my opinion.
I'd agree Ronman. I have no real issue with him trying his luck in Kentucky. Its THE WAY he left. Total BS that there were talks going on during last season, which with all the smoke its obvious that there were. Then for him to keep Fran in the dark until right up to the day he left was also TOTAL BS. Everyone on this site knows that Fran has ALWAYS been super supportive of his players, and has never been the red ass when a player transfers. Look at Nunge for example, and Jack was going to be a starter on this years team. Its obvious by Frans reaction to CJ's departure that he thought he was done dirty, and thats all I need to know. I'm sorry CJ got hurt, don't wish that on anyone who competes, but for my money his Hawkeye card was revoked the day he walked out on Fran, given how it went down.

That sucks for CJ, hope he recovers and is able to play spot minutes for Kentucky like he was probably going to do before this injury.

While I've got no animosity toward him, neither am I interested in his success given the circumstances under which he left. Unlike with Jack Nunge, who I wish well and hope he has success, I'll pretty quickly forget CJ.
He does seem particularly fragile. The rib fracture from contact with the physical specimen that Tyler Cook is aside, the multiple issues he seems to continue to have give the impression of a guy who spends more time in the training room and rehab than on the court. That's kentucky's issue to deal with now.

giphy.gif

Sports can be brutal at this level.

Everyone one at any given time is an injury away from the end of a career.

It’s going to be very hard for him to ever be a contributor on that team, imo. I hope he proves me wrong but Cal is not the coach who’s going to show you any kind of leeway or loyalty.

Tough. I feel for the kid and his family. So much work and sacrifice is involved in getting to that level.

While I've got no animosity toward him, neither am I interested in his success given the circumstances under which he left. Unlike with Jack Nunge, who I wish well and hope he has success, I'll pretty quickly forget CJ.
He does seem particularly fragile. The rib fracture from contact with the physical specimen that Tyler Cook is aside, the multiple issues he seems to continue to have give the impression of a guy who spends more time in the training room and rehab than on the court. That's kentucky's issue to deal with now.

My Steelers buddies and I had a nickname for a particular Steelers player that was injured all the time. He became officially known as "tub monster".

He gained that 20 lbs during his red shirt year which really served him well the next year but maybe it was more weight than his feet and lower body were able to play with? I loved him as a player that red shirt frosh year before he got hurt.

So with the free covid pass for last year CJ is sitting with two years of eligibility correct?...

Sports can be brutal at this level.

Everyone one at any given time is an injury away from the end of a career.

It’s going to be very hard for him to ever be a contributor on that team, imo. I hope he proves me wrong but Cal is not the coach who’s going to show you any kind of leeway or loyalty.

Tough. I feel for the kid and his family. So much work and sacrifice is involved in getting to that level.
You are correct, all athletes are in this position. As with all athletes who choose other schools over Iowa, I really could not not care less what happens with his career. I don’t wish him ill, just don’t care.

Last edited:
Caplari says it was a minor procedure that needed done sooner or later and he will ne ready for the season

I've said from his first injury at Iowa, CJ could likely face continuous lower body problems. He plays somewhat bow-legged and uses maximum leg-dip into his jump shot at that slightly bowed angle. I think it just might be proving to be putting too much stress on his legs and feet

So this must somehow be related to his foot/ankle/leg problems at Iowa. All he would say in regards to his injury at Iowa was that it was a lower leg problem.

I guess now they are saying it really wasn't a broken leg, but not really saying what it actually was.
Kind of like when he was at Iowa and he had a "lower leg injury". maybe he's a cyborg? No one ever seems to know what his actual injury is???:confused:

Reactions: jasonrann
I guess now they are saying it really wasn't a broken leg, but not really saying what it actually was.
I just read where they call it a minor procedure to clean up an old injury and he would be back in a month...we shall see i guess.

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT