ADVERTISEMENT

CJ Fredrick Updates: STARTED Feb 21, 18 & 10. OUT Feb 13. Practiced Feb 8 & 9. Jon Rothstein: "Iowa BADLY Misses CJ."

Couldn't find the thread that talked about his problem might be plantar fasciitis. Here is some personal experience my daughter has with this. It is not good!
She moved to Hawaii 2 1/2 years ago and her foot was bothering. She tried powering thru it, but it wouldn't go away. Moved to Fayetteville last summer. Went to 3 different doctors. Last one seemed to be interested in actually doing something about it. Apparently plantar fasciitis will go away on its own in a year or less if you wear proper shoes. You can still live normally during this time.
Daughter says that 80% of this foot pain is indeed p.f. However, the other 20% is something else - sort of like carpal tunnel only in the foot. Also, after exercising p.f. feels better as it warms up. (So CJ may have something else) Daughter had xray, mri, and nothing showed up. Doctor did surgery and once in the foot could see the nerve was swollen so she cut it out, along with minor surgery to the plantar.
Daughter feels better, but it isn't healed yet - I think surgery was around Thanksgiving or later. We shall see.
So to summarize, my daughter has had a problem for over 2 years and it didn't go away. I would assume the docs at UofI hospitals are top notch and will figure something out, but he may need surgery at the end of the year and not be full go until 2022.

thanks for the info

JBo dealt w/ it 3 years ago and luckily it seems to have gone away

This video is from Jan 31, 2018 where Jordan describes his plantar fasciitis and described how some days he couldn't move when he got out of bed

Watch:

That info graphic they threw up in the MSU game was pretty damning - sub .400 win percentage in March for Fran.

this sounds like CJ has turned a corner

Let's see about his availability on Sunday.

200.gif

CJ has ZERO turnovers in B1G play (12 games) this season.

Against PSU: He started & played 28 minutes. He had 18 pts, 7-10 FG, 4-7 from three, 2 assists, 1 steal, 0 TOs, +14.

And CJ hits big shots. Like this one.

Check this Out & Watch:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT