ADVERTISEMENT

CJ Signs w/ Kentucky. Iowa Claiming Tampering? Level II Violation when 3rd Party Contacts a School When Athlete Discussed Enrolled at Another School

A Catholic High School coach denying that illegal player recruiting may have been happening? I'm shocked; utterly shocked.

Also, not sure if you saw post #246 on this page but Chad Leistikow, the Register Hawkeye beat writer, said on air that based on info from his sources, the team felt confident that CJ would be returning. The rumors were addressed within the team and by CJ. Chad stated that he does believe the decision CJ made on Sunday April 18 where he told Coach McCaffery and his teammates that he was leaving (and entering the transfer portal) did catch them ALL off guard.

Reactions: hawkosx
I'm so sick of this CJF story. If he doesn't want to be a Hawk, I don't want him here. Just stop with the BS of dirtbag Uncle Joe trying to blame Iowa for any of this. It's obvious there was tampering. Own it.

i think it's great that the truth is coming out.

think about this for a second: CJ's freakin' uncle was contacting the Iowa coaches during the season about what he did not like (playing time of players, etc). That's pretty incredible. And once Uncle Joe did not get what he wanted, he started shopping CJ around to Kentucky.

So much for Uncle Joe and Fran being friends any more.

And nobody is gonna admit anything. That's how things work now a days because the NCAA won't do a damn thing. Hell, the FBI can't even help the NCAA bring down Bill Self and Kansas laughs at the NCAA by giving Self a life time contract.

Quid Pro Quo - pretty nice that Joe Fredrick's son got to live in The Lodge (aforementioned KY basketball team's dorm) while at KY. Coincidence?

Very interesting. For those who don't know Kentucky B-ball has it's own luxury dorm. But at the bottom of this article showing pictures of it has this one little tidbit-

"Student-athlete living quarters must be populated with at least 50% of non-athletes in order to be permissible. That means there are some extremely lucky students who get to live that privileged baller life."

So you know there are a lucky dozen or so students who aren't bball players that get to live there and I'm going out on a limb you just don't get randomly picked to live there....

Will he really go through the process? I can't believe he's working it that hard, and/or, why play out a charade of "other" offers?

yeah, i think the list of schools he gave to Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports is a complete joke, where Uncle Joe and CJ were trying to "show" that tampering did not happen and that they are following the rules

well, everyone knows there was tampering and that it occurred as early as Feb

hell, when UI Compliance is tweeting about it, that's all we need to know

Don Doxie of the QC Times wrote a column on this where he wrote this:

it’s fairly obvious that some people believe other schools — specifically, the University of Kentucky — were talking to Fredrick about possibly transferring before he ever filed his paperwork.

It would be naïve to think that tampering with players in other programs isn’t rampant in college basketball right now. There are more than 1,500 players in the transfer portal and it’s guaranteed that some of them went there knowing they had a predetermined destination.

it’s apparent someone within the Kentucky program likes Fredrick and decided some time ago that he could play there.

LINK TO ENTIRE COLUMN:

The envelope please......And the winner is, wait for it, Kentucky! Who would have guessed that?
It’s official? Guess they thought 3days was a long enough charade. If Fran has even the slightest “evidence” of tampering you can bet your ass he files a grievance.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Quid Pro Quo - pretty nice that Joe Fredrick's son got to live in The Lodge (aforementioned KY basketball team's dorm) while at KY. Coincidence?

FYI, Joe's son graduated from UK in 2015. Back then CJ wasn't even starting for the CovCath freshman team,.
Love these conspiracy theories.

Did he sign with Kentucky? Off topic but wasn’t it coach Cal who the legendary coach from temple went after at a Cal press conference. Cal has been a POS for years Maybe I am thinking wrong

The picture with Cal and congrats came in 2018. Late/early recruiting ploy?

Yeah, sounds legit. CJ: Oh look, Coach Cal ran into my cousin and his bride on their honeymoon in the Bahamas. I think I'll transfer to UK.

Until both sides of the story come out, I have no comments about CJ. Best not to open mouth and insert foot. There could be justifiable reason for the transfer.

Here is last Wednesday's HawkCentral radio show, which you can now listen to as a podcast. The link to the entire thing is at the end of this post.

After you read this and hear for yourself, if I were you, I would go with what Chad Leistikow (a Hawkeye beat writer) stated on air last Wednesday night.

Go to the very middle, bottom of the web page for the timer. At the 13:20 mark Chad said the following:

(1) Iowa hasn't even issued an official press release; instead they issued a 1 sentence statement on social media after his name went into the portal.

(2) based on his sources, Chad said the team felt confident that CJ would be returning. The rumors were addressed within the team and by CJ. Chad stated that he does believe the decision CJ made on Sunday April 18 where he told Coach McCaffery and his teammates that he was leaving (and entering the transfer portal) did catch them ALL off guard.

Mark Emmert said he started hearing the rumors of CJ to Kentucky from more than 1 source as soon as the season ended (on March 22 Iowa lost to Oregon).

Mark reveals in this podcast that he is also Facebook friends with Joe Fredrick so Mark saw the same Joe Fredrick Facebook posts that have been posted in this thread. Mark concluded last month, based on the Joe Fredrick Facebook posts, that it was highly probable CJ was moving on.

Chad said CJ's exit has been very tense, where it's a relationship that ended really badly and really suddenly. Mark then wondered what was left of the relationship between Fran and Joe. Mark said CJ was going to Iowa games as a child; Joe would take him.

The entire podcast:

as long as everybody’s been honest with him of course...

I am surprised he bailed, and being a sure starter only makes this stranger still... then the way it went with the official statements, and the Twitter unfollows, and “what’s done in the dark” stuff... just a weird deal. His uncle’s messages about help being on the way to Kentucky, etc.

plenty of strange stuff around this transfer!

speaking of honesty, I have mentioned a couple times in this thread the HawkCentral radio program on KXNO last Wednesday evening. It is hosted by Chad Leistikow, the beat writer from the Register.

go up 2 posts.

As you can see, based on his sources, Chad said the team felt confident that CJ would be returning. The rumors were addressed within the team and by CJ. Chad stated that he does believe the decision CJ made on Sunday April 18 where he told Coach McCaffery and his teammates that he was leaving (and entering the transfer portal) did catch them ALL off guard.

@BBHawk,

I see Legend is back to pretending to be a program insider again, where he said CJ "was honest with the teammates he was closest to and trusted the most."

You replied with, "please do tell..."

He won't, of course, because Legend is full of shit. Everyone knows CJ was not honest.

And speaking directly about that "honesty," not sure if you saw post #246 but Chad Leistikow, (the Register Hawkeye beat writer) said on air on KXNO last Wed April 21 that based on info from his sources, the team felt confident that CJ would be returning. The rumors were addressed within the team and by CJ. Chad stated that he does believe the decision CJ made on Sunday April 18 where he told Coach McCaffery and his teammates that he was leaving (and entering the transfer portal) did catch them ALL off guard.

Legend replied that Chad Leistikow and his sources were incorrect.

@Moral asked why Legend thought this and for more specifics, and of course Legend did not answer. Just like he won't answer you. And why? He is making shit up.

ADVERTISEMENT