ADVERTISEMENT

Clark should stay another year at Iowa.

Boyfriend is in Indy- she will leave for that and Midwest team
I really hope she doesn’t make a decision like this based on where her boyfriend is. I’d totally support her decision to leave either way but that would be disappointing.

I also can’t help but wonder if she might be ready for greener pastures outside the Midwest. She seems to have loved her visits to NYC/LA. The W will have a new team in the Bay Area next year. She can totally create a network/career/presence outside ball for herself in a few different places if she so chooses, the way a lot of other players have, even college players. A lot more happening on the coasts and other major cities than in Indy.

I hope she at least considers stepping outside her comfort zone to allow for that possibility. She’ll be wherever she ends up for quite awhile — she won’t be bouncing around from team to team. Indy is a small pond for such a big fish.

Last edited:
I hope she at least considers stepping outside her comfort zone to allow for that possibility. She’ll be wherever she ends up for quite awhile — she won’t be bouncing around from team to team. Indy is a small pond for such a big fish.
Big cities are very unpleasant to many small town folks. You don't know her likes and dislikes. I would hate to live in San Francisco, New York, or LA.

Big cities are very unpleasant to many small town folks. You don't know her likes and dislikes. I would hate to live in San Francisco, New York, or LA.
lol okay but like i said she seems to have enjoyed her time in NYC/LA lot. She can live wherever she wants (and so can you, power to you) but she is on the precipice of becoming a full on celebrity. Its gonna be a lot harder to make that jump from Indy as opposed to a global hub of commerce and culture. Not to mention the possibility of connections and business ventures.

And again, she is a young kid, I hope she gets the chance to experience the wider world, even if she wants to settle down in the Midwest eventually. Life is just different in a major metro, esp on the coasts. It’s not for everyone, but there’s a whole lot to see, do, and experience out there. Things move at a difference pace, happen on a bigger stage. I hope she doesn’t sell herself short. Especially if only bc boyfriend lives in Indy.

Last edited:
Reactions: littlez
lol okay but like i said she seems to have enjoyed her time in NYC/LA lot. She can live wherever she wants (and so can you, power to you) but she is on the precipice of becoming a full on celebrity. Its gonna be a lot harder to make that jump from Indy as opposed to a global hub of commerce and culture. Not to mention the possibility of connections and business ventures.

And again, she is a young kid, I hope she gets the chance to experience the wider world, even if she wants to settle down in the Midwest eventually. Life is just different in a major metro, esp on the coasts. It’s not for everyone, but there’s a whole lot to see, do, and experience out there. Things move at a difference pace, happen on a bigger stage. I hope she doesn’t sell herself short. Especially if only bc boyfriend lives in Indy.
I will be curious what she does in the WNBA offseason during winter. I would guess she will take advantage of television opportunities here rather than trying to make a little more playing overseas.

Reactions: undersized_post
Sue bird had that comercial with capital one... Some of them have thier own nikes. But the critics would tell you that the visibility is not there in the wnba. Endorsments are a result of visibility. How much of Clark's rise is her, and how much is that the media started elevating their games? More games on espn/tnt and maybe wnba takes off too.
Clark is blazing new ground in everything she touches, and I think thats the reason that the big endorsers will stay with her at least initially. I think that some of these companies are waiting for a woman to take a prominent role, and she may just be it. Think someone like Billy Jean King in todays market.....

Clark should leave and add another year to her professional career. It's time to make your money. Thank you for what you've done for Iowa and women sports. Retire her number immediately on her last home game. If she wants to stay, great. If not, what a ride we had.

Don't be selfish
Iowa needs to convince Caitlin Clark to stay for another year! It would be smart for her and the University. Clark gets way more press coverage as a NCAA WBB player in the BIGTEN than she will in the WNBA. She will make more money with endorsements and NIL as a college player. WNBA on a national level gets truly little coverage.

2023 average attendance the average attendance for WNBA games was about 6,700 fans. Their season is thirty-six games with a 12-team league. Iowa was 31-7 last year with eighteen home games. Their home attendance was 11,500 fans per game (total 200K). This year is a complete sell-out of 15,400 per game (total 277K). I know people hope she will change things if she joins the WNBA in 2024. Remember WNBA is a summer sport from May to September. Most teams are in large metro areas. They are up against MLB and many other summertime events.

These ladies are great athletes in WNBA. But to really get paid, they need to go overseas to play. The WNBA salary cap is $1,420,500 with a roster size of twelve players (144 total in the league). The highest paid player salary is $242,000.

Caitlin is bringing more eyes to women's college basketball. Smart for both parties to keep it rolling. Caitlin will be lost quickly in the WNBA. Who remembers last year’s #1 pick? Alllyah Boston - How about 2022? Rhyne Howard – But we all know Griner. But do we remember she was the #1 pick in 2013? Nope - Or do we know her from being busted with dope in Russia? yep
But it is Caitlin's choice.
Here is hoping she will stay!

She loves playing to the crowd. I don't think she'll ever see anything close to that in the WNBA. Packed house night in and night out.... If she leaves, I wouldn't hold it against her, but I don't think she'll have it as good in the WNBA....and selfishly I'd love to watch her play another year....

Reactions: mpfeiler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT