ADVERTISEMENT

New Story ***Class of 2023 DL Chase Brackney commits to Iowa***

Apr 8, 2003
Article:

The 6-foot-4, 260-pound Brackney, who visited Iowa City on January 23, chose the Hawkeyes over scholarship offers from Nebraska, USC, California, Colorado, Oregon State, Utah State, Colorado State, New Mexico State, and Eastern Michigan.

Last edited:
1254172884282.jpg

I can see why Iowa offered. The kids playing style fits the Iowa profile at both DE and DT. Iowa has really been recruiting well in the trenches these past couple years.
Big kid, love that grin on his face of the profile pic, looks confident and happy! Can't wait to watch him play in the B&G!

Thanks Bernstine!
This kid looks like a great pickup. Recently got a USC offer and his offer list would have continued to grow. Looks like a great DL prospect that can play both inside and outside. But if I were to guess I bet he ends up inside.

How is he not ranked?? Not that it matters. I could see him moving inside with his size.
I am guessing he is a kid who emerged this year so they haven't evaluated yet. Also why teams just started to offer. Most of his offers came this year. Nebrask, Colorado, USC and Iowa all within the few weeks.

Reactions: Simbahawk4
"All the schools I was talking to were really nice to me and respectful, but Iowa just felt like home," said Brackney. "When you know, you know."

Geez, how many times have we heard this from a new recruit?

What ever the staff is doing, I hope they keep doing it!

"All the schools I was talking to were really nice to me and respectful, but Iowa just felt like home," said Brackney. "When you know, you know."

Geez, how many times have we heard this from a new recruit?

What ever the staff is doing, I hope they keep doing it!

I feel like every recruit that ever committed to any school has said the same thing

He didn't have any offers last time Rivals updated 2023 rankings, which was December. He's received all 10 of his offers from January 19 - present.

Rivals is redoing 2023 rankings this week, so he should be ranked by Wednesday or Thursday.
Seems odd he committed so early when he has just started to blow up.
It's a long time until signing day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT