ADVERTISEMENT

Clayborn

Need to get a few more years out of Clayborn in The League. It wouldn't be a bad place to go. Good Hawk connection there in New England. Good luck to him.

As a Falcon's fan, I'm having trouble figuring out what Dan Quinn is doing. Quinn has always wanted to have 8+ guys to rotate on the D-line. If Clayborn leaves, I think they will be down to 1 healthy DT and 3 DEs

As a Falcon's fan, I'm having trouble figuring out what Dan Quinn is doing. Quinn has always wanted to have 8+ guys to rotate on the D-line. If Clayborn leaves, I think they will be down to 1 healthy DT and 3 DEs
With the salary cap and having to pay top players like Ryan and Jones a lot of money, it's hard to think the Falcons can afford to pay for 8 good DL's. The Eagles came pretty close to having that many last year, but it can't last.

Clayborn, being a veteran player commands/demands more money (albeit a short contract in terms of years) than a young player who might develop into a star if developed properly.

The Eagles were able to do it because they have a star QB on a rookie contract (which proves your point INXS83) while the Falcons have an elephant on their backs in a star QB and WR which will both command a hefty percentage of cap space.

Clayborn is a casualty of the cap, but will have another opportunity elsewhere. The Falcons will find someone cheaper, and hope that the production is similar or just below Clayborn's

2 yr 12 mil not a bad deal for the vet. hope he does well and gets another 2 years.

Sidenote>Patriots have also signed Matt Tobin to a one year deal.

Last edited:
I see in AC contract history he had to pay 18k last year for late hit on Tom Brady.
Brady deserved it. all good now. I'm a Hawk fan not a Patriot fan. Success to Hawkeyes if they get it by Brady, fine. If they get it apart from him even better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT