ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland Browns proposed new stadium

TJ8869

HB King
Dec 7, 2006
It would be a $3.8 billion dome stadium and mixed-use facility located in suburban Brook Park.

Figured it would look like this.....as I like to say I'm "going to drop the Browns off at the super bowl" whenever I go to take a sh*t.

bhg-pressure-assisted-toilets-test-toto-drake-kelly-lewis-2_crop-dd14f33f17f04a20a0790e11425195eb.jpeg

Reactions: NDallasRuss
Doing a quick Google search, Browns co-owners Dee and Jimmy Haslem's combined net worth is about $14B give or take. Their big gig is Pilot Flying J.

I find it humorous that less than 30 years later, once again a new stadium for the Browns is going to lose Cleveland the team. Sure, from what I can tell Brook Park's 10 or so miles away - but still. From the looks of it, the numbers are hard to lock down details but it sounds like Haslem/franchise are talking a little over $1B of their money and the city/county/state financing in the rest (so...roughly 2/3 to 3/4 the total project costs).

Looks like the city of Cleveland is talking about a half billion dollar renovation of the current stadium.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, your Brook Park Browns!"

For those not old enough to remember, when the original Browns left for Baltimore, there was no person hated more in Ohio than Art Modell. I used to work nights back then and I had a long drive home, so I'd listen to 1100AM out of Cleveland a lot and there was a local talk show during my drive...the vitriol towards Modell was downright vicious for months on end.

Dee and Jimmy Haslem, come on down!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT