ADVERTISEMENT

Climate change discussion

You didn't read the thread, you freaking idiot.
I don't need to read the entire thread you blithering moran. You made a statement. I've asked you to explain how it's possible, You have refused to do so. Are you conceding that you were full of shit?

I don't need to read the entire thread you blithering moran. You made a statement. I've asked you to explain how it's possible, You have refused to do so. Are you conceding that you were full of shit?
I'm conceding I explained it with information in the thread, which you didn't read you absolute idiot. Go read it, then go read many other articles which say this as well and get rid of your stupid computer model's from the politically appointed IPCC which infer CO2 causes the temperature to rise relationship.

I'm conceding I explained it with information in the thread, which you didn't read you absolute idiot. Go read it, then go read many other articles which say this as well and get rid of your stupid computer model's from the politically appointed IPCC which infer CO2 causes the temperature to rise relationship.
LOL...still clueless. I want to know the source of the CO2 you claim is caused by rising temps. Where is it coming from?

LOL...not taking a side other than to say Joe's Place is not worth the energy to debate. He rejects the most basic fundamentals of science. Zero credibility.
Well, the guy you're championing has less credibility than anyone on this board. Let's see if he'll answer a simple science question.

Well, he's factually wrong. I mean egregiously factually wrong so you might want to suggest he disengage on that point. Still waiting for him to answer a simple question.
It wouldn't matter if he was right or wrong. Nothing would get in the way of JP claiming victory, no matter the science presented.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
It wouldn't matter if he was right or wrong. Nothing would get in the way of JP admitting he was right, no matter the science.
This has not one thing to do with Joe. The guy you appear to believe has more credibility is flatly wrong. And you inserting yourself in the discussion as you did indicates that you're not aware of why he's wrong. I'll suggest again that you "disengage".

This has not one thing to do with Joe. The guy you appear to believe has more credibility is flatly wrong. And you inserting yourself in the discussion as you did indicates that you're not aware of why he's wrong. I'll suggest again that you "disengage".
Great advice! Consider me disengaged. Carry on inside your world of make believe!

• Haha
Great advice! Consider me disengaged. Carry on inside your world of make believe!
LOL...couldn't resist, could you? I told you right off the bat you were on the wrong horse. Now that your head is firmly stuffed up @your_master5 's ass I'm guessing "disengaging" won't much matter. Enjoy the view...and notice he still hasn't responded to a very straightforward question.

• Haha
Reactions: your_master5

It's rarely mentioned.

And it's a very large "buffer" against massive temperature increases.
This is a great point. The loss of sea ice creates a kick back loop and a vicious cycle. The loss of ice means more sunlight and heat reach the surface, which speeds up the loss of the remaining ice. Once the snowball picks up speed it’s hard to stop .

Ice, and water to a lesser extent, changes temps much slower (relatively speaking) than land masses.
Think about how dramatically temps change on large land masses ( American and Canadian Midwests, Siberia, Australia…. ) as fronts or air masses move thru. This same air movement has a much more “temporary “ effect over water masses, since H20 changes temp slower.
Thus, bodies of water and ice are referred to as “heat sinks” meaning that they mitigate or slow rapid temp changes. They help to maintain more consistency in our weather patterns.
As more ice disappears, not only will oceans rise, but wilder and more extreme storms will continue to increase. The loss of ice will cause even the oceans to heat and cool quicker, meaning more extremes in weather.
As some, like Trad, have mentioned, there will be winners and losers as weather patterns change. That sounds like a recipe for more migration of populations, water wars, etc…
Spot on.
Future wars won’t be over oil. It will be over water and food

I thought we passed "The Tipping Point" about 10 years ago.
We have. The damage is done . All that’s left is to wait for the consequences to really start kicking in. The massive heatwaves, drought and other extremes were seeing now are just the tip of the iceberg. It will get worse .

Yeah....scientists say the WAIS is already doomed in the long run.

W/o significant action to reduce GHGs and possibly even remove them from the atmosphere.

We over-acidify the oceans, and we're gonna screw up the food supply for 7B people on this planet; and, yes, including farming, because right now a significant portion of farm-feed comes from ocean sources.
Not to to mention the ocean acts as a huge carbon scrubber. It’s quickly losing its ability to absorb carbon. That will make the rise in atmospheric concentrations that much worse

Fb-sxY2acAAfzXT

You're standing in the middle of a train trestle. Hundreds of feet above the ground. The people around you tell you they hear a train coming. You tell them to stop being "alarmists".

Kinda makes you an idiot.
You come home and find your house on fire. Firemen are standing around with their trucks and gear idle.

You yell at the Fire Chief "why aren't you putting out the fire?"

He says "we're waiting to determine if it's arson. Once it's proved to be arson, we'll act. If it's just a naturally-occurring fire, we shouldn't do anything. There have always been fires."

Reactions: tarheelbybirth
Which "tipping point"? The savanification of the Amazon? The collapse of the WAIS? An ice-free NP? Melting permafrost? The slowing AMOC?

Oh...you thought there was A tipping point? Singular? That's because you don't have a f'n clue what you're talking about
Nice smack-down but you might want to expand those acronyms. I can figure out that NP means north pole, and I know (but some might not) that AMOC refers to the Gulf Stream, but I have no idea what the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (or Wide Area Information Servers) has to do with climate change.

Man, I wish that combatting climate change didn't become yet another divisive, politicized topic. It's our planet for Pete's sake...shouldn't that transcend partisanship? Maybe treat climate change like 9/11--an attack on our way of life. I do miss 9/12.

~signed
A Conservative Never Trumper

Reactions: tarheelbybirth
Nice smack-down but you might want to expand those acronyms. I can figure out that NP means north pole, and I know (but some might not) that AMOC refers to the Gulf Stream, but I have no idea what the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (or Wide Area Information Servers) has to do with climate change.
West Antarctic Ice Sheet

LOL...West Antarctic Ice Sheet. 🤓

Man, I wish that combatting climate change didn't become yet another divisive, politicized topic. It's our planet for Pete's sake...shouldn't that transcend partisanship? Maybe treat climate change like 9/11--an attack on our way of life. I do miss 9/12.

~signed
A Conservative Never Trumper
9/11 was political. Our response was political. Climate change IS political. Our response MUST be political. The only way to combat climate change is through politics. Those actions can be based on facts - the planet is warming, we're responsible, and bad, bad things will happen if we don't act yesterday - or they can be based on lies. We got into Iraq because part of our political response to 9/11 was based on lies. Politics based on lies usually leads to bad outcomes.

These threads are always about how much you “care”.

rarely are they about your own carbon footprint.

ADVERTISEMENT