ADVERTISEMENT

CNBC: Biden promises to codify Roe if two more Democrats are elected to the Senate

President Joe Biden vowed Friday that Democrats will codify the right to an abortion into law if two more are elected to the U.S. Senate in the upcoming midterm elections.

"If you give me two more senators in the United States Senate, I promise you, I promise you, we're going to codify Roe and once again make Roe the law of the land," Biden said at the headquarters of the country's largest union, the National Education Association, in Washington, D.C.

With 46 days to go until November's Election Day, Biden urged supporters at a Democratic National Committee event to consider "what's on the ballot," listing issues including abortion, Social Security and gun control.
Knows they are behind so trying to rally the masses just like he did with the stimulus pledge for 2020 GA senate races which we are all paying for now.

They do, but no state allows murder. If a state ever passed a law legalizing murder I doubt it would ever pass court scrutiny.
That's a really interesting view. That's essentially saying states must have some laws. Why would allowing murder not pass court scrutiny? Help me understand.

What does the filibuster have to do with McConnell refusing to bring any of 400 bills to the floor? You think ALL of those were bad for America? You keep doing your both sides BS. That's what it is, BS. Anybody who can't see that after what we are witnessing isn't very intelligent to put it mildly. Unbelievable that you try to equate today's Republicans to Democrats. SMH.
When did I equate the two parties? They're both crap in their own unique ways...

Just saying the filibuster has it's purpose...D's have used it plenty. Now they want to get rid of it to shove through whatever they want. I don't think that'd be a good development moving forward for reasons I already specified.

I have my doubts that you'd be happy with the R's being unchecked by the Filibuster when they are back in charge....and they will be....sooner or later.

You’re all over the map with your posts. Let’s go back and restart with a question that you neglected to answer earlier.

Is it your contention that abortion is not the ending of a human life?
I've been asking one simple question. Is abortion murder? If yes, it shouldn't be a states rights issues, because legalizing murder would be ridiculous. If no, then states shouldn't be able to ban it, because there is no justification.

And scientifically fetuses are not people, so no, they are not human life. We now have states stopping abortion after 6 weeks. There is no scientific possibility of these fetuses survivng outside the womb at that point.

Reactions: Ree4
That's a really interesting view. That's essentially saying states must have some laws. Why would allowing murder not pass court scrutiny? Help me understand.
Why is it interesting? Are you saying that a state could legalize murder and this would pass scrutiny? How?

I've been asking one simple question. Is abortion murder? If yes, it shouldn't be a states rights issues, because legalizing murder would be ridiculous.
As I explained earlier, not all killings are murder.
If no, then states shouldn't be able to ban it, because there is no justification.
Your contention is that states can only ban something if it's murder?
And scientifically fetuses are not people, so no, they are not human life.
If a 16-week fetus with human DNA and a fully functional heart and circulatory system and a fully functional brain and nervous system is not scientifically a human life then what - scientifically - is it?

As I explained earlier, not all killings are murder.

Your contention is that states can only ban something if it's murder?

If a 16-week fetus with human DNA and a fully functional heart and circulatory system and a fully functional brain and nervous system is not scientifically a human life then what - scientifically - is it?
Not all killings are murder. Agreed. So why do pro lifers call abortion murder? It's not.

My question is that if abortion isn't murder, then what is the justification for banning it?

Scientifically it is a fetus.

Reactions: Ree4
Scientifically it is a fetus.
Can a fetus not also be a human life?

Here are three images of fetuses. Can you tell me what's different about them?

81ccf4ee07bce1a2a5d1992ac04dccae.jpg

hond-8_wk_0.jpg

Sweet-Luke-Jacobs-was-born-prematurely-at-18-and-a-half-weeks-gestation-and-is-greatly-loved-by-his-parents.-Photo-courtesy-of-Meghann-Jacobs.-1.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT