ADVERTISEMENT

CNN: House passes Biden's $1.9 trillion Covid relief package

Because there should not be a national minimum wage at all.

A "living wage" in NYC or San Fran is way more than necessary in most parts of the country.
That's why each state and locality can enact a minimum wage that's above the federal one.

Another gift to Amtrak, more museum money, some bridge in New York, and more pork in this bill. This shit is getting old. National debt has went from 10 to 28 trillion since 2008, we as voters have to make changes. COVID relief is fine, do it, but tying it in with all the other crap isn’t. Pelosi put a bunch of outrageous pork in the first relief package and is doing it yet again. Read somewhere that less than 9% of this bill is for COVID relief.

Another gift to Amtrak, more museum money, some bridge in New York, and more pork in this bill. This shit is getting old. National debt has went from 10 to 28 trillion since 2008, we as voters have to make changes. COVID relief is fine, do it, but tying it in with all the other crap isn’t. Pelosi put a bunch of outrageous pork in the first relief package and is doing it yet again. Read somewhere that less than 9% of this bill is for COVID relief.
The debt I'm more worried about is when the deficit increases during good times. These are exactly the times we need to make sure we don't have a Great Depression. What is the excuse for the 8 years prior to this?

Reactions: Fluffles
Aaaaand that means the federal one should not more than double to $15 an hour.
Aaaaand I agree with you as I have said numerous times. However, if a specific locality wants to move to $15 an hour, I'm fine with that.

FTR, I think the federal minimum wage should be moved to around 11 or 12 and then tied to inflation so we don't bitch about it every couple years.

Reactions: dirtypool
  • Haha
Reactions: Funky Bunch
Because there should not be a national minimum wage at all.

A "living wage" in NYC or San Fran is way more than necessary in most parts of the country.
There absolutely should be a minimum wage. NYC and San Fran can voluntarily set it higher. $15 might be a bit too much, but $12 is a good compromise.

I'm not a smart man. So someone help me understand. Is making $15 per hour in San Francisco or New York City any different than making $15 per hour in Greenbow, Alabama?

The 1.9 Trillion Covid Relief Package allots only 9%
of its money to actual Covid Relief.........the rest is
heavily focused on pork barrel bail outs. This is
a Christmas Wish List for Blue states.

I'm not a smart man. So someone help me understand. Is making $15 per hour in San Francisco or New York City any different than making $15 per hour in Greenbow, Alabama?
Maybe the cost of living is different?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT