ADVERTISEMENT

CNN- Trump to issue around 100 pardons and commutations Tuesday, sources say

Morrison71

HR Legend
Nov 10, 2006
President Donald Trump is preparing to issue around 100 pardons and commutations on his final full day in office Tuesday, according to three people familiar with the matter, a major batch of clemency actions that includes white collar criminals, high-profile rappers and others but -- as of now -- is not expected to include Trump himself.

The White House held a meeting on Sunday to finalize the list of pardons, two sources said.

• Angry
Reactions: Chishawk1425
The only thing that surprises me is that would be a full day at work for Don. All that signing and smiling for the cameras. He won’t be able to watch Q TV.

Reactions: cigaretteman
President Donald Trump is preparing to issue around 100 pardons and commutations on his final full day in office Tuesday, according to three people familiar with the matter, a major batch of clemency actions that includes white collar criminals, high-profile rappers and others but -- as of now -- is not expected to include Trump himself.

The White House held a meeting on Sunday to finalize the list of pardons, two sources said.

Rappers

I think other Presidents have pardoned people on their last day of office so by itself that isn't too unusual. Handing out 100 of them including himself, his family, and most the members of his administration will be though.
Reading the article, it didn’t seem likely that would happen?

I have no idea if this is normal so I googled for comparison. Seems like a normal occurrence?

First, IMO, you can’t just compare Obama’s raw numbers because he pardoned a large number of people for drug crimes that the new sentencing act passed last year would have had them out of prison years ago. There was growing recognition that we were over incarcerating for those crimes.

And second, let’s wait and see who is on the list and what has been pardoned. Very few Administration personnel pardons by Presidents on both sides absent the occasional Ford with Nixon, Bush with Iran Contra, Bush II with Libby, and Clinton with his bullshit.

Let’s see the list Tuesday. If it’s all a bunch of preemptive pardons of Administration personnel, then we will know the fix is in.

Reading the article, it didn’t seem likely that would happen?

There have been dozens of times that the Trump administration has claimed Trump wouldn't do something and then he turns around and does the exact opposite of what they said he would do. Including not sending a mob of people from the White House to storm the Capital building.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm anxious to see who it is. The number isn't a big deal to me it's who is on the list that is important to me. Like mentioned earlier, Obama pardoned a ton of people who had been overcharged on drug charges. If it's like that, great no problem. But if it's his family (himself?) and a bunch of his cronies then that will be something else on the long list of things to be up in arms about with him.

I'm anxious to see who it is. The number isn't a big deal to me it's who is on the list that is important to me. Like mentioned earlier, Obama pardoned a ton of people who had been overcharged on drug charges. If it's like that, great no problem. But if it's his family (himself?) and a bunch of his cronies then that will be something else on the long list of things to be up in arms about with him.
We know what this is going to look like. He is usually worse than we think...or exactly what we think.

I have no idea if this is normal so I googled for comparison. Seems like a normal occurrence?

Every POTUS issues pardons on the way out. The question is - for whom? If Trump’s prove to be people that got the short end of the justice stick, people who have served more than current sentences for various crimes and that type of thing, I’ll credit him on the way out. If it’s full of his buddies who plead out before his first impeachment, his kids, people involved in the insurrection at the Capitol on 1/6 and himself, then I’m going to be far from thrilled.

I expect it to be a mix of good pardons and some oh eff you donald pardons. I expect to maintain a low opinion of President Trump

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT