ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Ferentz is disrespected in coaches ratings

Nope, just holding up a mirror to show how ridiculous those claims are. NW appears to be surging under a good young coach and just went to B10 championship game.

Do you see yourself in this mirror when talking about ridiculous claims?

One of my favorites is you saying that the isu OL is so fragile mentally that one play resulted in the Iowa DL dominating the game last fall.

Probably best for you to ignore that one.

Nope, just holding up a mirror to show how ridiculous those claims are. NW appears to be surging under a good young coach and just went to B10 championship game.

So now you need Northwestern to fight your Iowa battle for you?

Clearly the clowns under Matty Campbell can’t do it on their own.

We want more. We want more. We want more and CyTwins is so obsessed with big bro Iowa he will give it to us.

Last edited:
Don’t think this guy is Twins but who knows. I actually feel kind of for Twins. Hopefully his 50k posts on Iowa were worth losing a job and family over his obsession with Iowa and now is left making pennies on the dollar per post on CF. Bad, bad way to go through life.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Don’t think this guy is Twins but who knows. I actually feel kind of for Twins. Hopefully his 50k posts on Iowa were worth losing a job and family over his obsession with Iowa and now is left making pennies on the dollar per post on CF. Bad, bad way to go through life.

Is this true? That is hilarious. What a schmuck.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
It's absolutely Twins. The posting style is just too similar to him and his thousands of alts.

It’s not a 1 season ranking, it’s a coaches ranking. Frost took a 0-12 team to 13-0 in 2 years. That’s being factored in. If Nebraska craps the bed this season that’s going to drop his ranking.

Ferentz just does what he always does goes 8-4ish. He has had 2 10+ win seasons since 2004. That’s 14 years.

10 wins or more - 2 of 14
9 wins or more - 4 of 14

Kirk had a good run from 2002-2004, but that’s about as relevant as Nebraska’s 1997 national title at this point. Unless you are trying to argue that 17 years ago is much more relevant than 22 years.
It's hard to create a good debate when your coach goes 8-4ish on the average.

Neb fans ripping "8-4 Ferentz" while coming off of back-to-back 4-8 seasons and 4 straight losses to Iowa. The "we're better because we expect more" argument is getting rather stale.

It's their dyslexia kicking in, they are seeing their 4-8 as 8-4 and assuming that they are an equal.

Reactions: HerkyFan
Neb fans ripping "8-4 Ferentz" while coming off of back-to-back 4-8 seasons and 4 straight losses to Iowa. The "we're better because we expect more" argument is getting rather stale.

What's even more funny is for the last 15 years Nebraska has had at least 4 losses every year. You have to go back to 2003 and 4 coaches ago when they had a season with 3 losses.

Reactions: MeetTheFerentz
What's even more funny is for the last 15 years Nebraska has had at least 4 losses every year. You have to go back to 2003 and 4 coaches ago when they had a season with 3 losses.

Yeah, and Nebraska fired 4 coaches for it.

Rather do that then be Iowa and Iowa fans be like, “Oh we are poor little old Iowa, we can’t expect more than a 7-5 season and an Insight Bowl. Thanks Kirk, here is a lifetime contract and we will hire your son when you are done. Just get those 7 wins.”

I wouldn't attempt to become a detective or do any type of investigative work if I were you.

You shouldn’t attempt simple logic. It clearly flies right over your head.

Tell us again how the clown OL is so mentally weak that one play in the first quarter of last years Iowa game led them to have a total collapse the rest of the game. If your pitiful argument is right then everyone associated with isu’s football program should be fired.

Go ahead and tell us how it really is CyTwins. We can’t wait to see what you come up with next.

Rather do that then be Iowa and Iowa fans be like, “Oh we are poor little old Iowa, we can’t expect more than a 7-5 season and an Insight Bowl. Thanks Kirk, here is a lifetime contract and we will hire your son when you are done. Just get those 7 wins.”

It is funny that skirt fans mock Iowa’s success under KF while the once mighties have been unable to match it for more than 15 years.

Fired 4 and where has it gotten them?

Not all Iowa fans are happy with 7-8 win seasons and if you read this board which I know so many of you Husker lurkers like yourself do you'd know that. Many Iowa fans aren't happy with the length of the contract extensions KF got and have let it be known as well with the countless KF contract/salary threads over the years and many like myself are not big fans of our AD. However salary wise it's not that bad as he is the 7th highest paid coach in the Big 10 now.

Over the course of Kirk's Iowa career, Nebraska has spent more on head coaches. That didn't work out too well.

Funny thing I think they were technically paying 3 football coaches last year. Not sure if had to pay Pelini anymore being at Youngstown St but with his firing believe last year was the final year of paying him.

Fired 4 and where has it gotten them?

Not all Iowa fans are happy with 7-8 win seasons and if you read this board which I know so many of you Husker lurkers like yourself do you'd know that. Many Iowa fans aren't happy with the length of the contract extensions KF got and have let it be known as well with the countless KF contract/salary threads over the years and many like myself are not big fans of our AD. However salary wise it's not that bad as he is the 7th highest paid coach in the Big 10 now.

It has gotten Nebraska Frost. Jury is still out on him, but it was all worth it if he does and Nebraska starts winning like the fans want.

So something Nebraska has done twice since the early 2000s? Kinda like Iowa?

Iowa has won the division once in 8 years and hasnt won a conference title since 2004.

Nebraska has won a division title 1 time in Big Ten and 3 times in big 12 (since 99) and hasnt won a conference title since 1999.

My base level expectations are to do more what Wisconsin has done. They have won the division title 5 times (in 8 years) and conference title 2 times since Nebraska joined.

I wouldn't attempt to become a detective or do any type of investigative work if I were you.

Personally I hope you are not CyTwins, that better supports my assertion that the isu culture is one of d-bags obsessed with big bro Iowa. Harder to argue that with just one lone nut job like CyTwins.

I win either way. Either you are the nut job known as CyTwins or you prove my assertion about isu’s culture.

My base level expectations are to do more what Wisconsin has done. They have won the division title 5 times (in 8 years) and conference title 2 times since Nebraska joined.

That's a long time to go following your favorite college football team without meeting "base level expectations." At what point do you adjust for the sake of your own sanity?

That's a long time to go following your favorite college football team without meeting "base level expectations." At what point do you adjust for the sake of your own sanity?

If Frost fails, maybe.

Pretty confident he's gonna get it done though. No reason Nebraska cant do what Wisconsin has done the past decade or so.

Iowa has won the division once in 8 years and hasnt won a conference title since 2004.

Nebraska has won a division title 1 time in Big Ten and 3 times in big 12 (since 99) and hasnt won a conference title since 1999.

I wouldn't say those are fair comparisons since the Big Ten has only had divisions since 2011. Iowa could feasibly have had division titles in 2009, 2008, and 2003, depending on division makeup.

Also, why choose different years? I don't think you were being dishonest, but it doesn't help your case. Iowa has 2 conference in the same time frame as Nebby.

I actually agree with you on the Wisconsin level aspirations (for Iowa and Nebraska), but I think that would require Wisconsin to fall a bit, and I don't think the majority of your fanbase shares those realistic goals yet.

I wouldn't say those are fair comparisons since the Big Ten has only had divisions since 2011. Iowa could feasibly have had division titles in 2009, 2008, and 2003, depending on division makeup.

Also, why choose different years? I don't think you were being dishonest, but it doesn't help your case. Iowa has 2 conference in the same time frame as Nebby.

I actually agree with you on the Wisconsin level aspirations (for Iowa and Nebraska), but I think that would require Wisconsin to fall a bit, and I don't think the majority of your fanbase shares those realistic goals yet.

Im not sure what you mean. I wasnt comapring Iowa to Nebraska pre 2011, outside of saying Iowa hadnt had a conference title since 2004 and Nebraska hadnt had 1 since 1999.

Nebraska 3 Big 12 North Titles from 2000-2010 is not enough. They shared in a couple years, but I dont really count them if they werent in the Big 12 title game. They had some decent years outside of 2006, 2009-2010, but they just werent consistent enough IMO.

Yes, it depends, Wisconsin could drop a bit as Nebraska would have to beating them for this scenerio to occur, but it would also be a combo of Nebraska ebating lesser talented teams like Purdue, Illinois, Northwestern, etc and winning a larger % of their games vs OSU/PSU/UM/MSU to partially offset.

You guys are just cute

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
If Frost fails, maybe.

Pretty confident he's gonna get it done though. No reason Nebraska cant do what Wisconsin has done the past decade or so.
Lol, “if” Flop fails!

Flop’s already a failure in my book. 4-8 just doesn’t cut it, even at a below mediocre program like Nebby.

Nope, they had to get some points. Had ISU played the game that was cancelled, the OL would have looked significantly different. Good-Jones would not have been at center and would have been at his natural position. They did not have the benefit of the 1st game to make that call. The OL issues would have been reduced which would have been a huge difference in that game. The hawks caught a huge break that they will not get this year unless there is another act of god.

"Woulda, coulda, shoulda"

This is grade A standard Cyclone excuse making and it just goes on and on...

Lemme guess...you've never played right?

Iowa will win again this year against ISU.

ISU fans will point to some controversial play as the sole reason for the loss.

It's what keeps them from going Jonestown.

We've seen this play out many times before.

They are an inferior program by the sole measure that counts and that's the win column.

None of us will live long enough to see the overall record reversed.

We win.

Next.

Nice try....hawks tied Michigan for the title but lost to them. Hawks may have gotten a participation trophy for the "Co-Champs"

Iowa will win again this year against ISU.

ISU fans will point to some controversial play as the sole reason for the loss.

It's what keeps them from going Jonestown.

We've seen this play out many times before.

They are an inferior program by the sole measure that counts and that's the win column.

None of us will live long enough to see the overall record reversed.

We win.

Next.
Barring another act of God, no way the hawks win in Ames. I am hoping this is a pickem game because I will be loading up on the home team.

The clowns want nothing to do with the big ten. Matty Boy is winless against the league and isu history is as pitiful as the rest of their losing tradition.

Yikes again.
The big10 west is the worst division in college football and you cannot win that. Iowa is a good program, nothing more. You are just lucky you are in a conference that has great bowl tie ins.
Yes ISU has a terrible history, but we are talking about present. Campbell is a hot commodity and has ISU relevant. That is progress. Iowa is boring. How many top ten teams have you beaten in the last two years? Now that Nebraska has a decent coach, your life just got tougher.

The big10 west is the worst division in college football and you cannot win that. Iowa is a good program, nothing more. You are just lucky you are in a conference that has great bowl tie ins.
Yes ISU has a terrible history, but we are talking about present. Campbell is a hot commodity and has ISU relevant. That is progress. Iowa is boring. How many top ten teams have you beaten in the last two years? Now that Nebraska has a decent coach, your life just got tougher.
Easy there...everyone knows that Northwestern and Purdue are Big 10 football juggernauts. They relegated the hawks to 4th in that powerful division.

ADVERTISEMENT