ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Ferentz is disrespected in coaches ratings

Toug
Lighting - I have witnessed quite a few moronic ISU trolls. But really? Here are facts which I know you are allergic to. We beat you by double digits which by ISU standards is considered a blow out. We played in a tougher conference. We had a tougher schedule. We finished with a better record. We finished ranked. Our season was about average for a top 25 program historically. ISU’s season by all metrics and standards was worse than Iowa’s yet would be in the top 5 in ISU’s 100 plus year history. WTF are you doing besides embarrassing yourself and good Clone fans like LC and Bryce?!
Tougher schedule? Never. The big 12 plays every other team, you miss the power teams in the Big 10 most years. Texas played Ohio State more times than you did. lol.

Reactions: Scote Frost
The big10 west is the worst division in college football and you cannot win that. Iowa is a good program, nothing more. You are just lucky you are in a conference that has great bowl tie ins.
Yes ISU has a terrible history, but we are talking about present. Campbell is a hot commodity and has ISU relevant. That is progress. Iowa is boring. How many top ten teams have you beaten in the last two years? Now that Nebraska has a decent coach, your life just got tougher.

The Big Ten West won as many bowl games last season as the Texas Ten.

Matty Boy is so awesome he can’t beat Iowa. KF is the most respected college coach by outside of Nick Saban. Just ask Peter King.

Maybe someday the clowns will get out of big brothers shadow.

Easy there...everyone knows that Northwestern and Purdue are Big 10 football juggernauts. They relegated the hawks to 4th in that powerful division.

Hey look CyTwins is back.

Tell us again how mentally weak the clowns are that one play on their opening drive of the Iowa game resulted in them crawling into the shell the rest of the game. So much fun.

Why can’t clown fans fight their Iowa battles on their own? Why do they always need someone else to do it for them?

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Hey clown fans, when is isu going to teach their athletes how to use the self checkout lanes at Walmart without stealing?

Last edited:
The big10 west is the worst division in college football and you cannot win that. Iowa is a good program, nothing more. You are just lucky you are in a conference that has great bowl tie ins.
Yes ISU has a terrible history, but we are talking about present. Campbell is a hot commodity and has ISU relevant. That is progress. Iowa is boring. How many top ten teams have you beaten in the last two years? Now that Nebraska has a decent coach, your life just got tougher.

Easy there...everyone knows that Northwestern and Purdue are Big 10 football juggernauts. They relegated the hawks to 4th in that powerful division.

latest

Reactions: NITE HAWK6
Whar have all the clown fans run off to? Makes sense though as no true clown fan would admit what the rest of the planet already knows. Especially on big bro’s board.

Last edited:
Oh great another troll. Hey Toug, I know ISU focuses on only 1 game but your comment on OSU and Texas is beyond dumb. Fact - by every single measure Iowa had a harder schedule than ISU last year. Period. Even your dumb ass CF people agree on that fact. Have you ever thought that maybe playing every team in a crappy conference might be a benefit? Or is that too difficult to comprehend? And Iowa will have a harder schedule this year than ISU without OSU in the regular season. Like last year Iowa had a harder schedule than ISU without playing OSU. So LOL or whatever you Clone trolls do.

I should add Toug remove your Super Bowl with Iowa from both teams’ schedules and our SOS was way higher since Iowa was a ranked team and ISU not so much. So much for your LOL DB.

I should add Toug remove your Super Bowl with Iowa from both teams’ schedules and our SOS was way higher since Iowa was a ranked team and ISU not so much. So much for your LOL DB.

No, no, no, clown fans will argue that playing 4-8 Akron was way tougher than Iowa playing 8-6 Northern Illinois. Just ignore what Northern Illinois did to the poor zips. Then of course the entire planet knows that playing non-scholarship Drake is way more difficult than playing a FCS playoff qualifier in UNI. Of course Iowa didn’t need a phantom holding call at the end of the game to hold on against the Panthers but clown fans will tell you that doesn’t count either.

Iowa played 9 teams that were in the post season last year. The mighty clowns played 7.

Clown fans sure don’t like reality now do they?

Last edited:
Hard to consider the B12 the tougher conference when OU always sleepwalks through it.

It's also hard to consider ISU's slate tougher when they play about 3 defenses with a pulse every year.

Hard to consider the B12 the tougher conference when OU always sleepwalks through it.

It's also hard to consider ISU's slate tougher when they play about 3 defenses with a pulse every year.

Hey now the clowns ran 2 whole plays in Iowa territory last year after the first quarter. Of course only because of that one false start play. CyTwins will tell you just ask him.

But the isu offense is always awesome against good defenses.

Oh great another troll. Hey Toug, I know ISU focuses on only 1 game but your comment on OSU and Texas is beyond dumb. Fact - by every single measure Iowa had a harder schedule than ISU last year. Period. Even your dumb ass CF people agree on that fact. Have you ever thought that maybe playing every team in a crappy conference might be a benefit? Or is that too difficult to comprehend? And Iowa will have a harder schedule this year than ISU without OSU in the regular season. Like last year Iowa had a harder schedule than ISU without playing OSU. So LOL or whatever you Clone trolls do.
"Every single measure".....there is no way you are an attorney as you claim. No attorney would be foolish enough to make that claim. Even Sagarin(who had Iowa ranked high at the end of the year)had Iowa with the 44th ranked schedule and ISU at 18th. My guess is that out of 5 different strength metrics, ISU would have a stronger schedule in at least 4 or maybe all 5. If you are actually a paralegal, then the research part would be quite simple.

Man Lightning u like the paralegal stuff. Jealous much on my paralegals who make more than u obviously? Maybe go back to school. And the argument kind of sucks as I do work for some of the people on here and especially the wrestling board through the Inner Circle. But keep trolling Lightning you seem to provide humor to Herky and others. You make ISU ISU. Have a great weekend in your basement posting on an Iowa board.

Man Lightning u like the paralegal stuff. Jealous much on my paralegals who make more than u obviously? Maybe go back to school. And the argument kind of sucks as I do work for some of the people on here and especially the wrestling board through the Inner Circle. But keep trolling Lightning you seem to provide humor to Herky and others. You make ISU ISU. Have a great weekend in your basement posting on an Iowa board.
Seems like you struggle with logic.

Your argument is ridiculous, but just the fact that ISU fan is trying as hard as he can to prove that their greatest bowl game in school history (which Iowa has played in 4 times) might be slightly better than one of Iowa's run-of-the-mill bowl games (5th time in this game - EDIT 6th time, I've lost track), in a season in which Iowa won head-to-head (4th straight) and finished higher in rankings is just too funny. Again, thank you.

Nothing screams "I'm a loser" more than resorting to "ratings smack."

And WTF is "wallah"? LOL LOL LOL.

You continue to rip on the B1G West, and still haven't figured out how stupid that makes you look. Even funnier is ISU yahoo calling Miss St an also-ran SEC team. You think because you lost the A-la-mode Bowl or whatever it's called that you can start criticizing teams with winning traditions, even when they still finished ranked ahead of you? LOL LOL LOL. So, again, thank you.

Please reply. This is more entertaining than Avengers Endgame.
There is no question the Big 10 has much better bowl tie-ins than the Big 12. The Alamo Bowl however, has moved up in the pecking order from what it was when Iowa last played in it. At one time it was in the middle of the Big 12 pecking order, but has moved up to the best best Big 12 bowl after the NY6 bowls.

There goes lightningnimrod again with his ripping the B1G West, still not understanding how stupid it makes him look.

2018-19 bowl season:
Teams beaten by B1G West teams - Mississippi St, Miami (FL), Utah, Georgia Tech
Teams beaten by the entire Texas Ten - Georgia, Cal, Vanderbilt, Missouri

Looks rather lopsided to me. B1G West took care of 4 teams with histories of playing in and winning BCS/NY6 games. Texas Ten managed to pick one up against a disinterested Georgia team and 3 other schools that I wasn't even sure still had football teams. Congratulations!

On Sirrius XM 84 the other day they were debating the top evaluators of talent in the college game. Ferentz was, according to one of the guys the best in the game. I think coach Ferentz is respected by people who understand the game and the limitations Iowa faces due to geography.

Barring another act of God, no way the hawks win in Ames. I am hoping this is a pickem game because I will be loading up on the home team.

Sigh...there you go clone again.

If ISU wins...it's a win. When Iowa wins, it's "another" act of God.

Good Lord boy....have we beaten you THAT many times you're already relegated our victory to a deity?

Reactions: Iowa_Sux
McCarney beat Ferentz his first four years (1999, 2000, 2001, 2002), but who's counting?
Correct. I was just making the comparison to Campbell. McCarney did beat him four times, but I’m guessing most on here were not hailing McCarney as a better coach than Ferentz at the time. By the end of 2002, Ferentz had lost more games than he had won at Iowa, but finished with a top 10 team.

My point??? Everyone making proclamations about Frost and Campbell in their first years based on the games with Iowa are intellectually lazy. Just as they would have been equally ignorant to claim McCarney was superior to Ferentz simply due to our head to head games in the first few years. Yet - that is what most are doing in this thread.

Correct. I was just making the comparison to Campbell. McCarney did beat him four times, but I’m guessing most on here were not hailing McCarney as a better coach than Ferentz at the time. By the end of 2002, Ferentz had lost more games than he had won at Iowa, but finished with a top 10 team.

My point??? Everyone making proclamations about Frost and Campbell in their first years based on the games with Iowa are intellectually lazy. Just as they would have been equally ignorant to claim McCarney was superior to Ferentz simply due to our head to head games in the first few years. Yet - that is what most are doing in this thread.
It seemed like Ferentz was on his way to being fired in the early years, but seemed to show improvement in his third year if my memory serves. I could be off on the exact timing. McCarney took what seemed like forever to get things going at Iowa State. He finally got it turned around and was peaking about time Ferentz took over and was fighting what seemed to be an uphill battle. I suspect there was a few years when McCarney was considered by most fans of either team to be the better coach. That period also coincided with double digit growth in attendance in Ames at the same time attendance at Iowa was declining. The decline ended around the 2002 season give or take a year or two.

It seemed like Ferentz was on his way to being fired in the early years, but seemed to show improvement in his third year if my memory serves. I could be off on the exact timing. McCarney took what seemed like forever to get things going at Iowa State. He finally got it turned around and was peaking about time Ferentz took over and was fighting what seemed to be an uphill battle. I suspect there was a few years when McCarney was considered by most fans of either team to be the better coach. That period also coincided with double digit growth in attendance in Ames at the same time attendance at Iowa was declining. The decline ended around the 2002 season give or take a year or two.
I might give you 2000, as that was McCarney’s best season at ISU, but there was also a lot of improvement in 2000 for Ferentz and there was a feeling amongst the media that he was turning things around. McCarney was in his 6th season and established, so hard to say on that year. But there is no doubt by the year 2001 that Kirk would’ve clearly been favored, even though he lost Iowa State, his body of work was steadily improving and McCarney backslid that year. The following year Kirk had a top 10 team which is something McCarney never accomplished.

The reason I debated both Campbell and Frost at the beginning is I unfortunately believe they both will finish their careers with better records than Ferentz. I’m impressed with what both have done with what they inherited, just as I was Kirk. But Kirk has nearly two decades of evidence to show he peaked early and has flirted only a couple times since. That is still an unknown with the other two, but their previous coaching success and turnarounds thus far is why I would rank them higher than Ferentz today.

I’ve been accused of being a Husker fan and a Cyclone fan in the past, but I prefer being falsely accused of those versus being an ignorant Hawkeye fan boy.

Paralegal, you focus in on some strange stuff. Rather than trying to refute that the Alamo Bowl was a higher rated game between two good exciting P5 teams that finished near the top of their conferences, you make some strange comments(false by the way)about ISU to make yourself feel better. You are one interesting dude. BTW, ISU isn't in the top 10 of lowest winning percentages of all time. ISU and NW(B10 West Champ) are quite close on that list.
Iowa played on New Years Day against SEC opponent and competing games at same time vs a Fri Dec 28th Alamo Bowl game (between two no-name teams) with no competing games...where's the comparison?

If Frost fails, maybe.

Pretty confident he's gonna get it done though. No reason Nebraska cant do what Wisconsin has done the past decade or so.
I don't see it as Wisky just plain plays a tougher brand of no nonsense football than any Frost led team ever will.

Iowa played on New Years Day against SEC opponent and competing games at same time vs a Fri Dec 28th Alamo Bowl game (between two no-name teams) with no competing games...where's the comparison?
You got the point. Better teams in better bowl means prime slot with higher payout.

You got the point. Better teams in better bowl means prime slot with higher payout.

No not really. The clowns are an inferior football program to big bro Iowa and will be for some time.

I mean according to you the clown OL is so mentally weak that one play in the first quarter resulted in them be completely dominated by the Iowa DL the rest of the game.

Keep posting CyTwins and we will keep laughing.

Last edited:

More bragging about losing to a no-name program in their greatest bowl game in school history, with bonus "payout smack" towards a team that did better things last year and has owned them of late. I can't imagine what it's like to be so obtuse.

More bragging about losing to a no-name program in their greatest bowl game in school history, with bonus "payout smack" towards a team that did better things last year and has owned them of late. I can't imagine what it's like to be so obtuse.

What was really funny was clown fans being so pumped about having the 10 highest attendance for the Alamo Bowl. Behind multiple games the Hawks were in but nothing new there.

What was really funny was clown fans being so pumped about having the 10 highest attendance for the Alamo Bowl. Behind multiple games the Hawks were in but nothing new there.
But their spin is it the highest without a Texas team

No-name? Wash St tied for their division lead but lost the tiebreak. Do you actually think either team in the bowl game that the hawks played in is a "name" program? I got news for you, they aren't. Your argument is funny to say the least.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT